Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Bubble said:

ha

he looks like angry mourinho after a few sunbeds and too many nights on the nosebag
  • Rather than hit the ground running, he's just hit the ground!

Where has the Delort money gone all of a sudden??
  • Jarman said:

that scarf is proper shit.

C'mon we cant insult our player of the year like that... He's clearly just back from injury after needing major surgery, needs our full support with his new look

Just hope that the lethal performer our Scarf was before the operation is still there
    Whatsmore Scarfy looks nothing like an Arsenal scarf!
  • Theresa May can do one.
    Errrm
    OK
    Good luck to you Guy Luzon. You like to win, don't like to lose...well you have already lost one, so you have to win on Saturday. Good luck with that. If you lose on Saturday no more chances, you and Mr D think you're any good then prove it, don't come blathering on with excuses, legislate for all eventualities and win at Molineaux.
    If you're a winner I will back you all the way.
    20 games left. 16 wins, 1 draw, 3 defeats 0 excuses.
  • Welcome. Glad you're here. Don't bother sitting down. GO AND GET US SOME BETTER PLAYERS FFS!
  • Sponsored links:

• 100% Support from me. Let's get behind him, the team, the club. Onwards and upwards. I'm optimistic for the future of our great club ...
  • Ah well there we go. Got to get behind him and the team now, perhaps if all the network rigmarole had not happened, we might have been excited at employing a young manager who has had champions league experience.
  • Bubble said:

Quality @Bubble
  • There cant have been a more unpopular starting Charlton manager in history.

I mean Riga might have been at the time because all but a few fruitcakes loved Chris Powell but it seems worse this time.

I think its fair to see he needs to hit the ground running.

I was disgusted by the Dowie appointment from Day 1 and couldn't believe the amount of fans who seemed happy with it. My anger and disappointment over this appointment is probably less than that time on a pure manager Vs manager basis, but my overall feeling of disillusionment and anger is much, much higher at this appointment because its a reflection of the revolting and wider prevailing circumstances.
  • I think people are more pissed off at the situation, rather that the name of the bloke who is now our manager. I expect all of us will still be right behind him and wish him well. Doesn't mean we are filled with confidence though.

This and his first game was a complete disaster, just because the official club line for legal reasons has to say this Saturday is his first game does not make it true.

Hopefully Guy learns a lot quicker then his boss from mistakes in this league or we really will be in trouble.
    This Saturday is his first game though so it is true
    Officially yes but only actually true if you ignore him taking training the week before the Watford game(confirmed by the club) and Damien Matthew confirming that we used Guys ideas in the first half on Saturday.

He gets a blank slate to be judged by as any individual new head coach deserves no matter how dodgy the whole hiring process was but its deluded to think he has not already had his first game just because the club now has to claim that once they realised he was not legally allowed to work for us yet.

• Agree with Airman, Wolves result not critical (we all expect to lose anyway!) but a win at home to Rotherham definitely is, as we need to keep Blackpool, Millwall and Rotherham well below us. However, a better performance at Wolves will improve morale for both the players and for us.
  • Well, he'll get the usual 10 games (from Wolves) before I make my full decision on how good or bad he is.

Wolves (A)
    Rotherham (H)
    Middlesborough (A)
    Norwich (H)
    Brentford (H)
    Wigan (A)
    Derby (A)
    Huds (H)
    Forrest (H)
    Cardiff (A)

Would expect 13 points, and be happy with 15
  • edited January 2015

I think the problem is less that people will start off being against him than that because of the circumstances he will get cut less slack if he starts badly than any previous incumbent.

In short, he needs a win by the end of the month, I reckon, which is likely to mean beating Rotherham. Not the highest hurdle, but better not knock it over.

He can't start off any worse than Parky can he, can he? :-0
  • Serious Question.

Would you need a work permit if you were a foreign consultant on a limited time contract at a UK company (say 18 months)?

Someone in Budapest is keen to know...

What nationality? If Hungarian then no work permit required as they are free to live and work in the UK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicted said:

Well, he'll get the usual 10 games (from Wolves) before I make my full decision on how good or bad he is.

Wolves (A)
    Rotherham (H)
    Middlesborough (A)
    Norwich (H)
    Brentford (H)
    Wigan (A)
    Derby (A)
    Huds (H)
    Forrest (H)
    Cardiff (A)

I can see us getting 3points from that list, courtesy of a Delort deflection....
  • Fumbluff said:

Addicted said:

Well, he'll get the usual 10 games (from Wolves) before I make my full decision on how good or bad he is.

Wolves (A)
    Rotherham (H)
    Middlesborough (A)
    Norwich (H)
    Brentford (H)
    Wigan (A)
    Derby (A)
    Huds (H)
    Forrest (H)
    Cardiff (A)

I can see us getting 3points from that list, courtesy of a Delort deflection....
    You've not been a Charlton fan for very long have you? - That game is destined to be the game that Delort scores his first Wigan goal(s) ;)
  • So Guy Luzon has now got his work permit. Strange that he had to go to Sheffield to get it.

— Mick Everett (@Addickted05) January 22, 2015
  • Oh well. Now the hope of his work permit falling through has gone its time for me wish him all the luck. I still don't agree with his appointment but he is our manager/head coach now and as far as i'm concerned until he does anything to make me think otherwise i will support him because its his responsbility now to get my club playing properly and winning again.

Good luck Guy.
  • Don't agree with him being put in charge , but I will back the team starting with Wolves away on Saturday I will be there seeing if any improvement , I actually think we will get a result but I still fear this season could go horribly wrong.
  • Bloody hell I bet he (Mr Luzon) secretly wished his work permit was refused if he has been reading all the nonsense about him. How, why, he got his previous jobs is irrelevant, and none of us know how or why it went "wrong" at SL, of course their fans are going to be bitter and slag him off, as we know his employer was a certain Mr Duchatelet so who knows? I understand he was doing very well at one stage and then Mr Duchatelet saw some "value" in some players and we all know what happens (especially us!!) if you lose your best players and do not replace them with quality you are going to struggle.
    So I think it is a bit naive and unfair to "boo" "slag off" and more importantly not support the new manager, all he has done has taken a job?? Most coaches in the world if given the opportunity to manage/coach at a club in England. I know a lot of people are unhappy at how and why he GOT the job but if we all drop our lip and not get behind him and the players what effing chance have we got of getting us out of this shite? Dont forget, it wasn't Mr Luzon that got us into this mess and if he does not get us out of it he will probably be handing his much awaited "work permit" back!!
    So I for one will be giving the new manager 100% support and clap him when he is introduced to the valley crowd. Booing him will do absolutely jack shit to help our plight and will also have an adverse effect on the players. No one is bigger than our club, so as I said I am fully behind our new manager. I really hope for his sake we get something out of Saturday otherwise I can see a lot of "experts" baying for blood!!

COYR..............
  • Addicted said:

Wolves (A)
    Rotherham (H)
    Middlesborough (A)
    Norwich (H)
    Brentford (H)
    Wigan (A)
    Derby (A)
    Huds (H)
    Forrest (H)
    Cardiff (A)

Just out of interest, how have you calculated the 13 points? I look at that list and see a maximum of 8? and that will be if we play out of our skin and get a lot of luck. 2 possible wins in Rotherham & Wigan - 2 draws against Forest & Brentford. Other than that I just see defeats.