Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• braydex said:

Addicted said:

Well, he'll get the usual 10 games (from Wolves) before I make my full decision on how good or bad he is.

Wolves (A)
    Rotherham (H)
    Middlesborough (A)
    Norwich (H)
    Brentford (H)
    Wigan (A)
    Derby (A)
    Huds (H)
    Forrest (H)
    Cardiff (A)

Would expect 13 points, and be happy with 15

Just out of interest, how have you calculated the 13 points? I look at that list and see a maximum of 8? and that will be if we play out of our skin and get a lot of luck. 2 possible wins in Rotherham & Wigan - 2 draws against Forest & Brentford. Other than that I just see defeats.
    Depends what coloured glasses you are wearing. :wink:

post of the year/decade
  • So Guy Luzon has now got his work permit. Strange that he had to go to Sheffield to get it.

— Mick Everett (@Addickted05) January 22, 2015

What's that about?
  • Does make you wonder if this is how it is at Charlton... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30900505 after all the comments that Peeters had lost the dressing room

And I do agree with it... Why would a Footballer deliberately get a Manager sacked with a poor performance when they dont know whats round the corner (i.e. Especially when they could find themselves out of favour)
  • bobmunro said:

Serious Question.

Would you need a work permit if you were a foreign consultant on a limited time contract at a UK company (say 18 months)?

Someone in Budapest is keen to know...

What nationality? If Hungarian then no work permit required as they are free to live and work in the UK.
    You'll never catch our Bob out on any HR related topic :wink:
  • Congratulations Guy, Best of luck in your new role, you have until Brentford to prove yourself. 6 month probations are overrated.
  • bobmunro said:

Serious Question.

Would you need a work permit if you were a foreign consultant on a limited time contract at a UK company (say 18 months)?

What nationality? If Hungarian then no work permit required as they are free to live and work in the UK.
    Israeli....

• Addicted said:

Well, he'll get the usual 10 games (from Wolves) before I make my full decision on how good or bad he is.

Wolves (A)
    Rotherham (H)
    Middlesborough (A)
    Norwich (H)
    Brentford (H)
    Wigan (A)
    Derby (A)
    Huds (H)
    Forrest (H)
    Cardiff (A)

Would expect 13 points, and be happy with 15

We're gonna win them all!!
  • Good luck Guy , will you last as long as Uncle Les. Don't go buying a house in London , stick with a Travelodge
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

Serious Question.

Israeli....

He would need the same VISA that our beloved leader has secured today - 'Skilled Worker' if he wants to stay here and work for more than 6 months. If less than six months then a Business Visitor Visa would suffice but he couldn't work - just attend meetings, seminars, training and so on. If there was a paid work engagement that he had been invited here to undertake then he can complete that, but can only stay for a month.

Very many Israelis have or can obtain dual nationality by ancestry - especially eastern European - and Hungary is very open to issuing passports for Israelis who can claim ancestry.
  • So Guy Luzon has now got his work permit. Strange that he had to go to Sheffield to get it.

What's that about?

Don't know.

Assume the immigration office in Sheffield is very quiet as no one would want to move there in their right mind so it's quicker than queuing up in Croydon.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Serious Question.

Israeli....

He would need the same VISA that our beloved leader has secured today - 'Skilled Worker' if he wants to stay here and work for more than 6 months. If less than six months then a Business Visitor Visa would suffice but he couldn't work - just attend meetings, seminars, training and so on. If there was a paid work engagement that he had been invited here to undertake then he can complete that, but can only stay for a month.

Very many Israelis have or can obtain dual nationality by ancestry - especially eastern European - and Hungary is very open to issuing passports for Israelis who can claim ancestry.
    Thanks. Impressive detailed knowledge there, I have to say.
  • edited January 2015

I dont even care anymore, I have this sort of nothing feeling about Charlton at the moment almost like I know where we are heading and have accepted it.

For the first time in a long while Im not booking up away trains in advance planning etc. Probably nothing a few wins cant sort out but personally it is a struggle at the moment.

call yourself a supporter you're a f***ing disgrace snap out of it and get the coach

• Well he's here so can only wish him luck and support him whilst he is the boss.

Doesn't mean I agree with the appointment, I think it is nuts and look at the games listed above with trepidation. I listened to his press conference last night for the first time and thought his English was actually ok but every time he was asked about English footy he referred to the PL and talked about wanting to manage there...he does know we are in the Championship, right...maybe he saw Sheff Weds on the fixture list and just assume it was the PL.

A player told a colleague of mine at the weekend that Luzon was a nutcase, doesn't bode well.

Why tweet that without expanding on it ?
  • Perfect, he can get a good official days training in ready for the match. Plenty of time to... get to learn the players names perhaps? What a fcking shambles.. This is exactly the sort of situations professional clubs in England shouldn't be around, I'd expect this sort of thing in Romania or Israeli 2nd div.

What's that about?
    Don't know.

Assume the immigration office in Sheffield is very quiet as no one would want to move there in their right mind so it's quicker than queuing up in Croydon.

Perhaps there was a concern that he would be knocked out and dragged, kicking and screaming, to the home of the stripey Nigels...
  • Sponsored links:

• I dont even care anymore, I have this sort of nothing feeling about Charlton at the moment almost like I know where we are heading and have accepted it.

For the first time in a long while Im not booking up away trains in advance planning etc. Probably nothing a few wins cant sort out but personally it is a struggle at the moment.

call yourself a supporter your a f***ing disgrace snap out of it and get the coach

I would get the coach but last time I did that I had someone call bert next to me boring the hell out of me. He even tried to touch me.
    Oi oi, it's not past 9 o'clock yet! :smile:
  • Fumbluff said:

I dont even care anymore, I have this sort of nothing feeling about Charlton at the moment almost like I know where we are heading and have accepted it.

call yourself a supporter your a f***ing disgrace snap out of it and get the coach

"you're"

and if you read the other thread you'll learn Katrien is cancelling the coaches to pay for more Bovril.

who the fucks Katrien is she the coach steward ?

• Curbs 16/1 to get the job in 62 days time
  • I dont even care anymore, I have this sort of nothing feeling about Charlton at the moment almost like I know where we are heading and have accepted it.

I would get the coach but last time I did that I had someone call bert next to me boring the hell out of me. He even tried to touch me.
    that wernt me that was Rolf

What's that about?
    Don't know.

Perhaps there was a concern that he would be knocked out and dragged, kicking and screaming, to the home of the stripey Nigels...

Or perhaps the Croydon lot had been swayed by the Charlton fans' lobbying, whereas the Sheffield lot knew nothing about it...

• The board need to back him with reinforcements. If they think he can turn our fortunes around with the current squad they are deluded. Don't get me wrong we have some good players just not enough of them.

They must have a Massive immigration office up in Sheffield...
  • Guy has a difficult job to motivate the squad. I trust they have been learning Hebrew in the last fortnight! At least Katrien will have a better idea how to handle the recruitment of his successor.