Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Report on Sky News soon about new manager (ed. Luzon in talks).

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I'm now just reacting to his appointment (even though he isn't appointed yet) but he basically is now, given up any hope of it being an english manager, let alone curbs. I'm actually fecking pissed off right now. It's been mentioned before but the fact that this all came out in the Israeli press OVER A WEEK AGO is an absolute joke. The whole thing stinks, whether it be RD or Luzon the situation is a mess. Katrienes comments yesterday about waiting as the club needs a long term manager seem to be an absolute load of crap. I am always positive on here and will always be positive about the team, i'll give Luzon all my support and a chance. But right now I genuinely feel flaming angry that our club is becoming such a joke, it's the fact that all the info was leaked ages ago, we are being fed sh*t from Katrin and that the fans clearly don't want another foreign manager with NO ENGLISH EXPERIENCE that has really ticked me off. So frustrating when the club I've loved for 19 years and been following all of my life is being handled like this. Hope it all turns out completely and utterly the opposite to how I think it will.
  • What happens when Roland runs out of network managers?
  • edited January 2015
    Lets see how it goes I guess
  • I've just done the busiest thing in my life and emailed katrien urging them not to employ Luzon.

Hahahhaha what have I become

Send them a list of transfer targets from non-league clubs. A few midfielders from Alfreton would be good.
  • Pretty uninspiring appointment, although having managed Liege for a fair bit he must have something about him.

RD in his mouth probably
  • If Luzon is appointed, under the ownership of Roland I will not attend another Charlton game and give my season ticket away - call me dramatic, childish what ever but I'm not giving money to a club run by a man who does not know what he's doing giving cast off and lieing to the fans.

My money is to precious to go into a mans pocket who I fell doesn't give a shit about how we feel.

That kills me to say, but Roland is currently killing my love for this club.

Please make sure you give your season ticket away! and not just throw it away.
    Or private message me i know a few who would take it off your hands for nothing
    giving it away is too easy .. a real protest would be to tear the booklet into confetti sized pieces, set the debris on fire, dance around the flames cursing the owner and all his kith, kin and acolytes, and finally to hurl the ashes into the Thames at high tide .. THAT would be a protest worthy of a true Addick
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair our board went through all the options in 2006, and after a thorough process appointed Iain Dowie. Then sacked him a few months later and replaced him with Les Reed, who was then replaced by Pardew.

Our board then sacked Pardew in 2008 and replaced him with Parkinson, and we ended up in the 3rd tier.

My point being that whether the appointments are after a thorough process, or done quickly, they can still go horribly wrong (or right)
  • Oakster said:

http://www.scoutpush.net

Will be interesting to see how many of Dudu Dahan's clients end up here, they are all listed above. We already have Ben Haim and we had Thuram - I wonder how much Thuram-gate did for both Riga and Powell by the way. I wonder how much Peeters very public criticism of Ben Haim did for him. Lots of little things that add up.......

Luzon would come here with a blank slate, of course he would - doesn't stop me from taking a dislike to the way he is foisted upon us or what this whole murky network means for us. I don't buy into it one little bit.

I wonder if the 'Belgium Youth Project' section on that website might have any bearing as to what will happen in South London over the next few years?
  • Oggy Red said:

skywalker said:

cabbles said:

I might have missed his input elsewhere, but has @Belgian_Spur got anything to say about Luzon, or any of the other posters based in Belgium?

Luzon wasn't sacked in Liège 'cause of results. It was just SL supporters (a mob of childish communists of Italian descent) who were not pleased they were not on top of the Jupiler League. RD didn't want to sack him, but had to. He now is in the process of selling SL.
    They were someway down from top of the league though weren't they? Nowhere near it.
    Though Uncle Roly did flog 5 of their best players for €25 million.

Imagine stripping out our 5 best players?

We'd only have Tucadean and Etheridge left.

He stripped two out last January. Then sacked the manager.
  • If he comes it is another Standard Liege (SL) cast off, will fit wll with the rubbish players we will be getting from them. It seems that RD sees Charlton as SL`s dustbin.
  • He looks a better candidate on paper than both Peeters and Riga. Powell also lacked experience so this guy has managed a top European club. It might not work out but I think better than what we have had so far if you take out the emotional side of the network
  • To be fair our board went through all the options in 2006, and after a thorough process appointed Iain Dowie. Then sacked him a few months later and replaced him with Les Reed, who was then replaced by Pardew.

Our board then sacked Pardew in 2008 and replaced him with Parkinson, and we ended up in the 3rd tier.

My point being that whether the appointments are after a thorough process, or done quickly, they can still go horribly wrong (or right)

Indeed, but by going through the proper process it at least looks like you are attempting to explore all the options. Of course even after exploring all the options, a bad decision can be made, which was what happened with Dowie. However Reed and Pardew were employed on a whim whilst the board were in full panic mode it seems.
  • Still rather Luzon than Freedman tbf
  • If Luzon is appointed, under the ownership of Roland I will not attend another Charlton game and give my season ticket away - call me dramatic, childish what ever but I'm not giving money to a club run by a man who does not know what he's doing giving cast off and lieing to the fans.

My money is to precious to go into a mans pocket who I fell doesn't give a shit about how we feel.

Why not just not buy anything when you attend?
    Since you have already bought a ST, you won't be giving any money to RD.
    And you never know, RD might prove to be right.
    Seems you are just over-reacting.
  • well, at least he doesn't lack passion & it seems his players like him. I'd rather that than a dour manager like Parkinson or Dowie.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    msomerton said:

If he comes it is another Standard Liege (SL) cast off, will fit wll with the rubbish players we will be getting from them. It seems that RD sees Charlton as SL`s dustbin.

Feels more like we are the SL safety net, if they make a mistake on a player signing, they can send him to us, hope it works out here, the whole set up gets more and more depressing every day.
  • No idea if Luzon will be good or not, as i like nearly everyone else had never heard of Riga either, so i will give him a chance, my issue if he does get it, is that our owner has clearly not considered all the options to find the best manager/head coach for us as a club, he is just appointing who he currently favours and already on the company payroll.

Yet how can he favour him when he sacked him?! It's all/ only about the money...
    I think it's a little bit more complicated than that @Weegie Addick
    1) Luzon took Liege to top slot in the Jupiler League
    2) not many wins and too many draws in their play-offs meant they finished second and missed out on champions league
    3) M.Duchatelet sold four or five players for €25m
    4) the fans went nuts when the new squad didn't deliver this season so Luzon takes a fall.
    Now Bulot, Ben Haim and Buyens played over 70 games between them for this guy last season so they will know how he works and I'd expect them to shout from the roof tops if Luzon is a problem.
    I've no idea of the ups and downs of Liege's season last year but they did win through the group stages of the Europa cup to be knocked out eventually by Hannover 96.
    So no comment on whether Luzon is good for us but he did play Hannover, Anderlect and Bruges four times each last season and I would place all of those clubs significantly bigger than us.
    So as I said, it is all about money.
  • Luzon is already on the payroll so it is not costing anything to make him manager.
    I think everything comes down to cheap.
  • I've just done the busiest thing in my life and emailed katrien urging them not to employ Luzon.

Hahahhaha what have I become

mate I used my dad's Linkdin profile yesterday to message her and say the exact same thing, paused while I was doing it, looked in the mirror then sat back down and carried the f*ck on
    We need to slow down, mad bastards.

You better change your user name for the time being (:
  • I am looking forward to Watford away to see what impact a new manager or even the absence of Bob will have on the players. Many did lack confidence and this may give a boost to those who did not do well under his leadership. Good managers are hard to find and appropriate ones even harder.
  • Not happy at all, partly as I don't get to as much as I used to and partly because of what, it appears, is happening to my club. Revolving door on managers and players becoming a blur as they arrive and depart with equal haste, plus the diminishing of our unique identity.

I am in the final year of my 5 year VIP season ticket and will not renew next season. Not because I am giving up on the club, but because my work commitments have changed and I have less chance to get to The Valley. I will still go every chance I get, it is what we do.

I am far from being a backer of RD but it had felt like we had made progress at the start of the season, until the wheels came off. I will give the owner another year before I give up on him entirely, but I will not give up on this club. Supporters before me didn't give up and thanks to them and people like Roger Alwen we have a club to worry about. So don't give up, just find a way to show your hurt and keep this club from dieing (legal methods only though).
  • well, at least he doesn't lack passion & it seems his players like him. I'd rather that than a dour manager like Parkinson or Dowie.

Passion did not work for Bob and does not mean your a good manager.

Luzon is a given to be the next head coach but he's in the same boat as Riga was last March. Hardly anyone wanted him but he turned everyone around with the team's results.

If Luzon does the same as Riga then that would be great though he will probably get the tin tac in May :)

Give him a chance and if it does not work out then we know what pair to blame!