Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Report on Sky News soon about new manager (ed. Luzon in talks).

Comments

• Derek1952 said:

I read somewhere on this post, that Guy Luzon doe,s not speak English is this true? talk about Frying Pan into the Fire.

He speaks english in the youtube video someone posted i believe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrpG8mMVa3Y

Not the most glowing appraisal of a ref I've ever heard
    He fit in perfect on the match day commentary on CAFC Player
  • He will know about UK football. RD will no doubt have told him from the beginning of this season that if BP is sacked he will be taking the job so be prepared. RD is a businessman, this is contingency planning. I would imagine he has seen tapes of most of our games.

What he will lack is contacts in the UK game and a good knowledge of players in lower divisions to pull in. That is where Powell with his PFA connections did so well IMO, Yann, MM, Wiggins, Taylor, Stephens, Cort, Hamer, Hollands....all good examples of a manager having good contacts and knowledge of the lower leagues to bring in players relatively cheaply all of whom had the right attitude and UK football experience and mindset.

Given RD does not want to buy British players anyway then having a Head Coach with these contacts is irrelevant sadly.

We still have Matthew, Euell, Phil Chapple etc for the British scouting, and getting out of L1 is a lot easier than getting out of the Championship, as in L1 we were a big fish whereas in the Championship we are surrounded by clubs with much bigger budgets
  • skywalker said:

He will know about UK football. RD will no doubt have told him from the beginning of this season that if BP is sacked he will be taking the job so be prepared. RD is a businessman, this is contingency planning. I would imagine he has seen tapes of most of our games.

What he will lack is contacts in the UK game and a good knowledge of players in lower divisions to pull in. That is where Powell with his PFA connections did so well IMO, Yann, MM, Wiggins, Taylor, Stephens, Cort, Hamer, Hollands....all good examples of a manager having good contacts and knowledge of the lower leagues to bring in players relatively cheaply all of whom had the right attitude and UK football experience and mindset.

Given RD does not want to buy British players anyway then having a Head Coach with these contacts is irrelevant sadly.

Last time I checked Tony Watt is a Brit !
    Only just after last year's vote ;-)
  • At the Valley now . live sky broadcast welcomed by KM
  • Just seen arriving at the Valley on SSN.
  • Guy Luzon just arrived at the Valley for talks, just coming on Sky News.
  • Wow I'm surprised SSNHQ know where The Valley is, let alone send a live reporter
  • Why do Sky Sports care so much about this? I'm not even that bothered and I basically haven't logged out of Charlton Life since I signed up
  • Sponsored links:

• Guy Luzon just arrived at the Valley for talks, just coming on Sky News.

do hope not, that would not be a good first impression.
  • edited January 2015
    I bet this takes all of 5 minutes.
  • Why do Sky Sports care so much about this? I'm not even that bothered and I basically haven't logged out of Charlton Life since I signed up

Slow news day...
  • If you click on the photo KM is opening the door.......
  • I hope he can get those cases through that revolving manager's door.
  • Was probably appointed the day he was "sacked" by Sub Standard.
  • there we are

Whereupon he fell into a pothole and was never seen again

That photo is like The Apprentice in reverse!
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems to have a lot of luggage for a quick visit. I think he knows he's here for a while.
  • Keep telling myself he's only here for an interview!
    could go either way but looks like here here for good!
  • edited January 2015

If you click on the photo KM is opening the door.......

Ffs sake they haven't sacked the doorman have they, wait till Airman finds out more staff have been relieved of their duties. :-0
  • Please let be over today so we can move onto who the new manager will sign.

Read that Guy likes the long ball. At least he will be after a big CF.
  • Standard Liege were runners up under him last year, best position in years? Roland just caused riots by pulling a load of the cash out of Standard Liege. We are numero uno!!
  • WOW, what a shock. Its Luzon..

Good scouting for the best candidate Roly and co... liars.

Who would be on your list of potential candidates Athletico?

He's brought an overnight bag - dirty Ho.

CEO, Sporting Director, Puppet, Doorman. There really is no end to her talent.
  • Tbh we could have Alex Ferguson and still not get promoted with the current squad.Cant keep relying on the young guns - need some investment.