Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Report on Sky News soon about new manager (ed. Luzon in talks).

Comments

• Mark Bowen is with Stoke City under Mark Hughes now
    Mark Cooper... Current Swindon Manager.. Had one shot at Peterborough in the Championship a few years ago, it was a disaster
    Jorge Costa is now the Gabon Manager
    Billy Davies... Holding out to become Rangers boss
  • Dazzler21 said:

If you click on the photo KM is opening the door.......

big suitcase for an interview...
    Full of bondage gear for his 'interview' with RD
    You've got it all wrong ,
    He's got a big suitcase because he's been on a fag run ! Don't blame him for sweetening KM up , she must be on 50 a day with all this shit!
  • WOW, what a shock. Its Luzon..

Good scouting for the best candidate Roly and co... liars.

Who would be on your list of potential candidates Athletico?

Probably more than one person at least.
    Yes who???

Curbishley, Riga, Damien Matthew, Mark Bowen, Nigel Clough, Mark Cooper, Jorge Costa, Steve Cotterill., Billy Davies.
    Not sure about Curbs- best days are probably past.
    Riga - good choice, could he repeat his success with us again?
    Mark Bowen - where is he now.
    Nigel Clough - failed at Derby or was it Forest.
    Mark Cooper - Who.
    Jorge Costa - Excellent defender for us. Is he managing in Europe?
    Steve Cotterill - no thanks.
    Billy Davies - already turned us down. Still looking for spy's.
    I thought Karl Robinson would have been a good shout. Not sure if any of the above would work as first team coach though as opposed to team manager.
    So Luzon is better than all of them and so no one else should be considered at all? Granted none of them have fail din a league where they are one of the biggest teams with the best players like Luzon did. I don't think any of them have caused fans to riot either.

Why are Curb's best days past him? Has he ever failed anywhere?
    Why couldn't Riga repeat his success? Why will luzon be anymore successful? Riga knows the division, knows the club, he would unite the players and the fans, he plays good football and knows how to get results in this country.
    Mark Bowen is assistant at Stoke. he has been assistant everywhere Mark Hughes has been - mostly in the Premier League. Is Premier League experience not good enough for Charlton now?
    Nigel Clough. Harsh to say he failed at Derby. Did he get relegated with them? no. He had no money there whatsoever. Doing a good job with Sheffield United who he's taken to the playoff positions this season. They play good, effective football that gets results.
    Mark Cooper. Manager of Swindon, currently top of League One playing some brilliant football from a club that was going nowhere. Ditto for Steve Cotterill.
    Billy Davies - say what you like but he knows this division inside out, has got tens promoted fem it and his sides always play good football.

• Mark Bowen is with Stoke City under Mark Hughes now
    Mark Cooper... Current Swindon Manager.. Had one shot at Peterborough in the Championship a few years ago, it was a disaster
    Jorge Costa is now the Gabon Manager
    Billy Davies... Holding out to become Rangers boss

To be honest I wouldn't want any of those four but think Nathan Jones would be in with a shout but after seeing us on Saturday is probably happy at Brighton.
    Damian Mathews would be a good shout and may well have been interviewed.
  • In talks my arse he was signed weeks ago but for signing on the dotted line
  • I'm worried about some of the posters on here. Urgent suicide watch required.
  • Well it seems inevitable its going to be Luzon. As usual I'll take him as I find him and judge on what he does at Charlton, but I can't say the evidence or opinions presented to date lead me to expect him to be a success.
  • I'm worried about some of the posters on here. Urgent suicide watch required.

Thanks for your concern Gaz. Always knew you cared! I'll give Luzon a few games before I top myself! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen the new whole 2 minutes of feature on SSN, close up to the boardroom with Luzon in there and two others, a lot of nodding going on.

My guess at the questions that were being asked given the vast amount of nodding:

1.) So you do realise hardly any of the fans want you here?

2.) You do realise you'll have to play 4-4-2 every week because it's what RD wants?

3.) You do know you will have no influence on who comes in or out?

4.) We hope you realise you will be out of a job by the summer?

5.) Nod your head.

• edited January 2015
    Shortest interview in history :D

I expect the case means he's only just arrived....... ;);)
  • I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but I don't want this clown anywhere near the club
  • Harket said:

Tbh we could have Alex Ferguson and still not get promoted with the current squad.Cant keep relying on the young guns - need some investment.

Well we would, it's no coincidence that Mick Mccarthy and Steve McLaren are near the top of the league. Good management makes a huge difference at this level. Birmingham got rid of Lee Clark who most here recognise as a pretty shit manager from our days of constantly playing Huddersfield and bring in a young promising manager and are flying.

Sure there isn't much a manager can do when half the midfield are injured but worse and less invested teams than us will go up or compete for playoffs every year with a good manager.

I'm therefore pretty pissed off that we are bringing in another guy with no knowledge of the league and a pretty patchy previous record. Especially as they don't consider Peeters good enough.
  • edited January 2015
    Luzon saying something about Jose Riga (also posted on another thread).

Published 27th March 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qroJLsECsFY
  • He is our manager CONFIRMED. GREAT.
  • Confirmed deal to 2016. Pffftt
  • CONTRACT UNTIL 2016 WOOP WOOP
  • Sponsored links:

• always going to be at least 18 month deal in my view
  • Too fkin predictable. This owner and all his cronies are a COMPLETE joke.
  • edited January 2015
  • razil said:

always going to be at least 18 month deal in my view

You old soothsayer you...

Welcome Guy

• well its hardly long term is it..
  • BOOOOOOOOOOO fuck off Luzon fuck off Roland and fuck off katrien
  • BOOOOOOOOOOO fuck off Luzon fuck off Roland and fuck off katrien

Not happy then?
  • Welcome Guy. Hope you do a good job for everyone's sake.