Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Report on Sky News soon about new manager (ed. Luzon in talks).

Comments

• cafc4life said:

all this talk of new manager etc,surely it doesnt matter who it is if Roland then dont get any players in? The best manager in the world would struggle with the squad we have at the moment,a decent manager helps but you got to give them the cards to play with in the first place

That is very true @cafc4life If we are getting Luzon lets hope RD has given him the green light to get some players in.....a target man would be a good start and a creative midfielder!! I only hope those that have played for Luzon before decide not seek to get away from him again (if reports on here are true)
  • This is all going to end in tears. Rolly won't be dictated to over who he can and can't appoint to the football club that he owns. I can see him walking away and selling to whoever he wants. Then where will we be? Back to square one ... I say lets just go with the flow and lets see where this roller coaster ride takes us. Been going for 50 years through think and, mainly, thin. I'm not going to stop going now all because he's going to appoint someone I've barely heard of.
  • I read somewhere on this post, that Guy Luzon doe,s not speak English is this true? talk about Frying Pan into the Fire.
  • Looks like he has a good record and passion. Also not a failed manager doing the rounds. Happy with this.

Careful what you wish for - Dougie is out there!
  • If Luzon is appointed, under the ownership of Roland I will not attend another Charlton game and give my season ticket away - call me dramatic, childish what ever but I'm not giving money to a club run by a man who does not know what he's doing giving cast off and lieing to the fans.

My money is to precious to go into a mans pocket who I fell doesn't give a shit about how we feel.

That kills me to say, but Roland is currently killing my love for this club.

Please make sure you give your season ticket away! and not just throw it away.
    Or private message me i know a few who would take it off your hands for nothing
    giving it away is too easy .. a real protest would be to tear the booklet into confetti sized pieces, set the debris on fire, dance around the flames cursing the owner and all his kith, kin and acolytes, and finally to hurl the ashes into the Thames at high tide .. THAT would be a protest worthy of a true Addick
    Better make sure you do it this season though.
    Next year you'd have to continuously bend a swipe card until it snaps.
    Doubt it'd send the same "I mean business" vibe.
  • The fat lady is still singing, people.

Luzon may just be one of several candidates being interviewed.

If he is appointed with undue haste, I'll "second" every criticism that others have voiced, especially @WestCountryAddick.

But let's not jump the gun. We may yet be pleasantly surprised.
  • Derek1952 said:

I read somewhere on this post, that Guy Luzon doe,s not speak English is this true? talk about Frying Pan into the Fire.

His english isn't actually too bad I've seen a few interviews in which his english is ok.
  • Indeed it seems fine. Certainly better than Pochettino's when he came to the UK and he didn't do bad!
  • Derek1952 said:

I read somewhere on this post, that Guy Luzon doe,s not speak English is this true? talk about Frying Pan into the Fire.

Tal Ben Haim. Charlton Athletic centre back / official translater.
  • Indeed it seems fine. Certainly better than Pochettino's when he came to the UK and he didn't do bad!

Pochettino has been able to speak perfectly good English for some time (including the majority of last season). He just wanted to use a translator when speaking to the press in case anything got misinterpreted. It angered a few journos who knew full well he could speak English but chose not to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Derek1952 said:

He speaks english in the youtube video someone posted i believe.
  • The one thing I'm clinging on to is the fact I didn't have a clue who Jose riga was and I ended up liking him. Fingers crossed the same happens with Luzon.
  • Derek1952 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrpG8mMVa3Y

Not the most glowing appraisal of a ref I've ever heard

Can I get back in my pram yet?
  • The one thing I'm clinging on to is the fact I didn't have a clue who Jose riga was and I ended up liking him. Fingers crossed the same happens with Luzon.

I have that in the back of my head, but at the same time I feel so much more sceptical about the Israeli paddy mcguinness due to the reports of standard fans and the fact that they rioted to get him out.
  • Derek1952 said:

A. TBH will translate.
    B. This is just a porky(May be a joke in there somewhere)
    C. Roland wants all the players to learn Hebrew.
    D. He's very good at sign language.

• The fact Charlton haven't advertised the role and claim they will search for a new Head Coach makes me think it will be someone from the network.

My main worry is that RD and the network advisors still underestimate the standard of the Championship and are making decisions which help them rather then the actual club and it's needs to progress.

Under Powell we had players who wanted to play for this club and play for him, players who stood up and took responbility, if Jackson moves on who will be the next captian? I'm seeing a squad which long term is flawed and unbalanced even with a decent batch of young players with potential will that be managed and coached in the proper way with changes every 6 months.

Are the gambles on transfers working, clubs look for players that are on par/better then what they have, they also have to adapt and bring something to the squad in terms of balance we are just not doing that most of us can see the problem where we are weak compare to other championship clubs and we seem to be the only one not addressing the issue, a manager can only do so much with the squad he has.
  • Derek1952 said:

He likes to blame others just like Jose, shame he isn't as good (well not yet anyway)
  • Derek1952 said:

He likes to blame others just like Jose, shame he isn't as good (well not yet anyway)
  • _MrDick said:

This is all going to end in tears. Rolly won't be dictated to over who he can and can't appoint to the football club that he owns. I can see him walking away and selling to whoever he wants. Then where will we be? Back to square one ... I say lets just go with the flow and lets see where this roller coaster ride takes us. Been going for 50 years through think and, mainly, thin. I'm not going to stop going now all because he's going to appoint someone I've barely heard of.

bugger, that's where we went wrong. If we had a 'please appoint Luzon petition' RD would have said 'sod that' and appointed Curbs. Doh !!

• Sponsored links:

• Derek1952 said:

D. He's very good at sign language.

Show him this then please.
  • there are two things which are majorly bugging me

Unless we go and interview a couple of real potential managers, I am always going to think it was a done deal and was first leaked by Guy Luzon`s people.

Unless we go and interview a couple of real potential managers, I am going to struggle to reconcile the meaning behind the Club statement yesterday.

Am I deluded in thinking that the club has said there is going to be a proper interview process for this?

• AddickRam said:

The fact Charlton haven't advertised the role and claim they will search for a new Head Coach makes me think it will be someone from the network.

My main worry is that RD and the network advisors still underestimate the standard of the Championship and are making decisions which help them rather then the actual club and it's needs to progress.

Under Powell we had players who wanted to play for this club and play for him, players who stood up and took responbility, if Jackson moves on who will be the next captian? I'm seeing a squad which long term is flawed and unbalanced even with a decent batch of young players with potential will that be managed and coached in the proper way with changes every 6 months.

Are the gambles on transfers working, clubs look for players that are on par/better then what they have, they also have to adapt and bring something to the squad in terms of balance we are just not doing that most of us can see the problem where we are weak compare to other championship clubs and we seem to be the only one not addressing the issue, a manager can only do so much with the squad he has.

Yes those players who wanted to play for the club and Powell got us to the bottom of the Championship and got Powell sacked.
  • And wanted to play for the club so badly they gave the performance of their life in a FA cup 1/4 final
  • Would anyone seriously expect the club NOT to be talking to Luzon? Because so far as I can see, that's all that has happened so far. Not sure why something that inevitable should turn a lot of you into a bunch of lemmings leaping off the nearest cliff...
  • Would anyone seriously expect the club NOT to be talking to Luzon? Because so far as I can see, that's all that has happened so far. Not sure why something that inevitable should turn a lot of you into a bunch of lemmings leaping off the nearest cliff...

Precisely. The odds on favourite, has got an interview for the job !
  • All I can say is that there are going to be an awful lot of people eating humble pie and creeping back to their seats IF Mr Luzon gets it right and we are doing well. Of course I have no idea if he will or not but quite frankly neither do you but as they say you are having your well earned strop.

Man up buttercup.
  • He will know about UK football. RD will no doubt have told him from the beginning of this season that if BP is sacked he will be taking the job so be prepared. RD is a businessman, this is contingency planning. I would imagine he has seen tapes of most of our games.

What he will lack is contacts in the UK game and a good knowledge of players in lower divisions to pull in. That is where Powell with his PFA connections did so well IMO, Yann, MM, Wiggins, Taylor, Stephens, Cort, Hamer, Hollands....all good examples of a manager having good contacts and knowledge of the lower leagues to bring in players relatively cheaply all of whom had the right attitude and UK football experience and mindset.

Given RD does not want to buy British players anyway then having a Head Coach with these contacts is irrelevant sadly.
  • cfgs said:

Derek1952 said:

He likes to blame others just like Jose Bob, shame he isn't as good (well not yet anyway)
  • He will know about UK football. RD will no doubt have told him from the beginning of this season that if BP is sacked he will be taking the job so be prepared. RD is a businessman, this is contingency planning. I would imagine he has seen tapes of most of our games.

What he will lack is contacts in the UK game and a good knowledge of players in lower divisions to pull in. That is where Powell with his PFA connections did so well IMO, Yann, MM, Wiggins, Taylor, Stephens, Cort, Hamer, Hollands....all good examples of a manager having good contacts and knowledge of the lower leagues to bring in players relatively cheaply all of whom had the right attitude and UK football experience and mindset.

Given RD does not want to buy British players anyway then having a Head Coach with these contacts is irrelevant sadly.

Last time I checked Tony Watt is a Brit !