Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Report on Sky News soon about new manager (ed. Luzon in talks).

Comments

• No idea if Luzon will be good or not, as i like nearly everyone else had never heard of Riga either, so i will give him a chance, my issue if he does get it, is that our owner has clearly not considered all the options to find the best manager/head coach for us as a club, he is just appointing who he currently favours and already on the company payroll.

Yet how can he favour him when he sacked him?! It's all/ only about the money...
    I think it's a little bit more complicated than that @Weegie Addick
    1) Luzon took Liege to top slot in the Jupiler League
    2) not many wins and too many draws in their play-offs meant they finished second and missed out on champions league
    3) M.Duchatelet sold four or five players for €25m
    4) the fans went nuts when the new squad didn't deliver this season so Luzon takes a fall.
    Now Bulot, Ben Haim and Buyens played over 70 games between them for this guy last season so they will know how he works and I'd expect them to shout from the roof tops if Luzon is a problem.
    I've no idea of the ups and downs of Liege's season last year but they did win through the group stages of the Europa cup to be knocked out eventually by Hannover 96.
    So no comment on whether Luzon is good for us but he did play Hannover, Anderlect and Bruges four times each last season and I would place all of those clubs significantly bigger than us.
  • edited January 2015

And if it does work?

Unfortunately I don't live in a world of 'what ifs'. This means I am unable to answer your question at this time. I make my decisions based on real events rather than some fantasy that might exist the distant future.

I just want to be clear, I'm not upset about Luzon himself, it's more about the whole decision making process within the Club, and the very obvious fact, that the only person who gets a say on what goes on within the Club is a Belgian with no interest in football and no idea about our Club in particular.

I would have had more respect if Meire had come out and said 'we will appoint whoever the owner decides to appoint next'. Clearly that is the truth of the matter.
  • Am I too late to put a bet on him?

• And if it does work?

Unfortunately I don't live in a world of 'what ifs'. This means I am unable to answer your question at this time. I make my decisions based on real events rather than some fantasy that might exist the distant future.

But your rant was regarding a situation that hasn't yet happened and might even not !!!!!

Over to you !

• Clearly the best Israeli, ex- Standard, network based man for the job - hope Dudu is making a good cut from this....

http://www.jpost.com/Sports/In-true-super-agent-style-Dahan-deftly-deflects-criticism-316221

• cabbles said:

I might have missed his input elsewhere, but has @Belgian_Spur got anything to say about Luzon, or any of the other posters based in Belgium?

Luzon wasn't sacked in Liège 'cause of results. It was just SL supporters (a mob of childish communists of Italian descent) who were not pleased they were not on top of the Jupiler League. RD didn't want to sack him, but had to. He now is in the process of selling SL.
  • hope I'm not going over the top but I think we have to accept him as our new Messiah.
  • edited January 2015

And if it does work?

But your rant was regarding a situation that hasn't yet happened and might even not !!!!!

Over to you !

Luzon is our new manager, I think we all know that. I think we all knew that the second Peeters was axed.

• And if it does work?

Over to you !

Luzon is our new manager, I think we all know that.
    But you don't live in a world of ifs and buts ?

• Sponsored links:

• which hotel is that? If he's at The Valley his wife might like some company ;-))

Well you can't deny the man's taste in women

Pardew is just ten miles away.
  • se9addick said:
    No idea. Just saw it on Twitter.

• And if it does work?

Over to you !

Luzon is our new manager, I think we all know that.
    But you don't live in a world of ifs and buts ?

It's not an if or a but. Luzon is our manager and the Club will announce it soon. I consider that a fact.
  • I do not give a hoot about how delicious is his wife, or what he did in sunny Belgium or elsewhere .. I do not want this chancer as manager of C A F C .. I want a British manager, a good one
  • skywalker said:

cabbles said:

I might have missed his input elsewhere, but has @Belgian_Spur got anything to say about Luzon, or any of the other posters based in Belgium?

Luzon wasn't sacked in Liège 'cause of results. It was just SL supporters (a mob of childish communists of Italian descent) who were not pleased they were not on top of the Jupiler League. RD didn't want to sack him, but had to. He now is in the process of selling SL.
    They were someway down from top of the league though weren't they? Nowhere near it.
  • skywalker said:

cabbles said:

If thats the case then i'm certainly willing to give Luzon a chance at least. The expectancy at SL far outweighs it here at Charlton. lets just wait to see what he can do with the squad, he might bring a bit of fighting spirit and belief back to our group of players thats been missing the last few months.

The whole 'im done with Charlton if Luzon gets it' is a bit strange when we know as much about him as we did about Riga.
    Exactly the same for me. Whoever we get in I will give my support too. Thanks @skywalker - The problem I think we have is that some people will view him as a yes man for RD. Any network appointment will be viewed this way.

I don't have an opinion on Luzon either way.

• I'll support the team but not RD's new puppet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

skywalker said:

cabbles said:

They were someway down from top of the league though weren't they? Nowhere near it.
    Though Uncle Roly did flog 5 of their best players for €25 million.

Imagine stripping out our 5 best players?

We'd only have Tucadean and Etheridge left.

Funny ... but too close to a possibility for any sort of comfort
  • Macronate said:

hope I'm not going over the top but I think we have to accept him as our new Messiah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plZRe1kPWZw

Na justfelt like putting it for the fun of it. #banter
  • skywalker said:

cabbles said:

They sold 3 players for over £5m in the summer, which i'd imagine disrupted his squad quite significantly. Like i say, i don't know enough about him or his time in Standard Liege but they finished runners-up with a full season under him.
  • If Luzon is appointed, under the ownership of Roland I will not attend another Charlton game and give my season ticket away - call me dramatic, childish what ever but I'm not giving money to a club run by a man who does not know what he's doing giving cast off and lieing to the fans.

My money is to precious to go into a mans pocket who I fell doesn't give a shit about how we feel.

That kills me to say, but Roland is currently killing my love for this club.

He's not a cast-off though is he?

RD has kept Luzon on his payroll despite having to force Luzon to step down as head coach at SL due to fan unrest. He must rate him.
  • Pretty uninspiring appointment, although having managed Liege for a fair bit he must have something about him.
  • If Luzon is appointed, under the ownership of Roland I will not attend another Charlton game and give my season ticket away - call me dramatic, childish what ever but I'm not giving money to a club run by a man who does not know what he's doing giving cast off and lieing to the fans.

My money is to precious to go into a mans pocket who I fell doesn't give a shit about how we feel.

That kills me to say, but Roland is currently killing my love for this club.

Please make sure you give your season ticket away! and not just throw it away.
    Or private message me i know a few who would take it off your hands for nothing