Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Report on Sky News soon about new manager (ed. Luzon in talks).

Comments

• As much as I thought Peeters had to go, they cannot actually be appointing Guy Loser. Really???? I am losing any interest in Duchatelet, and what his puppet princess has to say, its all spin. And I woinder when they will realise the fans wont put up with this crap, are we going to vote with our feet, lack of ST renewals, or make noise?

How much do you know of Luzon?
  • Got to be Luzon. Roland 'leaked' it a couple of weeks ago to try and prepare us and help contain our excitement!
  • Welcome back to the network Guy Luzon!
  • The thing with the network is that anything could happen ...
    Highly unlikely but there is the possibility Luzon is helping with the jog search (he has been working as an adviser for the networkas anyway)..

Then again , welcome guy
  • There must be an email address for katrien somewhere.

• Welcome back to the network Guy Luzon!

he's never left it

• colin1961 said:

Could be very simple Guy Luzon is the best only candidate ....

Fixed. ;-)

• Dazzler21 said:

Neither

You say you've given up but are demanding answers. You say you don't care then edit your post and ask more questions.

You're clearly feeling hurt as you have been lied to by an owner of a club. The club you once were able to trust implicitly.

You haven't given up yet.
    You can't.
    You're an addick, this club is part of you.

Take this knock on the chin, think about it a while.

Premier League status isn't that far off. We just need Guy Luzon or whoever comes in to be the right man for the job to get us there this season or next.

It's entirely achievable still.

Whatever RD is doing it is with a view to make money, not lose it. It may be a rough ride, but you'll be there long after RD has gone and another has bought the club. Hopefully we'll see RD's plan give us a fruitful outcome.

I knew this is not your intentions mate but that post is a bit patronizing.

I cant see i have said I dont care, as you point out I do care and properly a little to much than is healthy.

I dont think I have expressed my views clearly and others on this thread have said what I have been trying to say and much better than I can get it out.

• Sponsored links:

• To be fair - any manager we get will likely have been sacked from his previous job, and that will likely be tied to poor results, so we could always say "well he wasn't good enough for xxxx why does RD think he is good enough for us, shows what RD thinks of our club etc etc".

This.
  • edited January 2015

Dazzler21 said:

Neither

You say you've given up but are demanding answers. You say you don't care then edit your post and ask more questions.

You're clearly feeling hurt as you have been lied to by an owner of a club. The club you once were able to trust implicitly.

You haven't given up yet.
    You can't.
    You're an addick, this club is part of you.

Take this knock on the chin, think about it a while.

Premier League status isn't that far off. We just need Guy Luzon or whoever comes in to be the right man for the job to get us there this season or next.

It's entirely achievable still.

Whatever RD is doing it is with a view to make money, not lose it. It may be a rough ride, but you'll be there long after RD has gone and another has bought the club. Hopefully we'll see RD's plan give us a fruitful outcome.

I knew this is not your intentions mate but that post is a bit patronizing.

I cant see i have said I dont care, as you point out I do care and properly a little to much than is healthy.

I dont think I have expressed my views clearly and others on this thread have said what I have been trying to say and much better than I can get it out.

maybe you meant RD doesn't care, apologies if I misinterpreted that!

What I typed is a bit how I feel about the situation also, as you say not an attempt to be patronizing instead trying to empathise a bit.

Kap10 said:

If it is Luzon i really give up and RD needs to really justify why.

Unfortunately he really does not.
    I know your right and he never will and dont even care.
    That's the bit i misinterpreted.

Apologies!
  • To be fair - any manager we get will likely have been sacked from his previous job, and that will likely be tied to poor results, so we could always say "well he wasn't good enough for xxxx why does RD think he is good enough for us, shows what RD thinks of our club etc etc".

This.
    Unless it's Fraeye who doesn't actually have a previous job as manager.
  • The thing that I don't get is how these managers come back to work for RD after being sacked.
    Personally, once im wronged by somebody I wouldn't want to go back to work for them.
  • Let's wait and see how it pans out first shall we. If he's apponted then just like For Riga we give him a chance or have we become just like our friends down the road at the toolbox who just react without logic or thought.

This
    It is disappointing but surely we give the man a chance, Luzon left Standard after a poor run because they sold their best striker and others.
    We have to face facts that while Roly owns the club i believe we are better off with coaches like Luzon.
  • IF it is Guy Luzon and he gets us playing attractive attacking football, who's gonna be complaining? I'll be the first to boo if he doesn't. Got to give him 10 games before we can make a judgement.
  • The thing that I don't get is how these managers come back to work for RD after being sacked.
    Personally, once im wronged by somebody I wouldn't want to go back to work for them.

It's all about the pays, all about the pays no trouble.
  • Don't be so god damn frikin positive
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    colin1961 said:

Could be very simple Guy Luzon is the best candidate ....

More like Luzon is the only candidate.

Edit: Sorry, Absurdistan. Posted this before I saw your post.

• _MrDick said:

IF it is Guy Luzon and he gets us playing attractive attacking football, who's gonna be complaining? I'll be the first to boo if he doesn't. Got to give him 10 games before we can make a judgement.

Known for long-ball. And we'll all still be complaining if RD doesn't back the squad with more than network rejects.
  • Some of you are a right bunch of drama queens. Honest.

Funny though?
  • Fuck sake. They have had a golden opportunity to get the fans back on board here and they've appointed this absolute no mark.

Disappointed.

The thing is, we are now a rich man's hobby, and whether you love CP, Yann, Curbs or playing in red and white -
    He who pays the piper calls the tune. Fans are just a side issue. If RD gets us to the top of the Prem then it will be 27111 every home game and you won't recognise 15111 of them.
    I have seen this mentioned a few times but i really dont believe that to be the case.

he is a rich man because he is a good businessman.

he wants to make money from charlton but just because he isnt throwing money at the team to get us to the premier league doesnt mean he's playing championship manager.

Im not saying what he is doing will or won't work
    Branson is a good businessman and has spent zillions on baloons, spaceships and goodness knows what else.

The few million that RD shelled-out to get control of the club is like you or I taking up golf. The bag of clubs will cost a few quid, but they will always have a value of some sort. If we fancy a game, then all good stuff, but otherwise we can leave them in the garage - no damage done.

It's a stark reality that we have to get used to. RD probably thinks Mendonca is a pasta dish.
  • Wow I'm sold them must be Luzon.

If it is, great not long without a manager of it isn't fingers crossed it's someone half decent.
  • As much as I thought Peeters had to go, they cannot actually be appointing Guy Loser. Really???? I am losing any interest in Duchatelet, and what his puppet princess has to say, its all spin. And I woinder when they will realise the fans wont put up with this crap, are we going to vote with our feet, lack of ST renewals, or make noise?

Puppet princess .......... ouch!

• edited January 2015
    Is that Wztecksty's B&B off of Deptford Lower Road? Hope he got a room with a view of the Blackwall Tunnel approach... AND a wash basin in the corner!

Heard Big Bob trashed the Warsaw Suite after he got the news Saturday.