Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Report on Sky News soon about new manager (ed. Luzon in talks).

Comments

• To be fair - any manager we get will likely have been sacked from his previous job

Absolutely - but rarely by the same person...

Can accept that he might well be able to do a job for us, but would struggle with any pretence that there will have been any sort of selection process.
  • Well, the team's already on a Luzon streak, Charlton are Luzon all credibility and I'm Luzon faith...
  • which hotel is that? If he's at The Valley his wife might like some company ;-))

Well you can't deny the man's taste in women

• Fuck sake. They have had a golden opportunity to get the fans back on board here and they've appointed this absolute no mark.

Disappointed.

The thing is, we are now a rich man's hobby, and whether you love CP, Yann, Curbs or playing in red and white -
    He who pays the piper calls the tune. Fans are just a side issue. If RD gets us to the top of the Prem then it will be 27111 every home game and you won't recognise 15111 of them.
    If RD and his notwork get us to the top of the Prem then I'll take a shit on the telly.
  • There must be an email address for katrien somewhere.

katrien.meire@cafc.co.uk

Ironically I emailed her back at the start of September to say thank you for the good start and how excited I was about the future. I got a succinct response saying 'thank you for your kind words'

Don't go sending her any GILFS now GJ
  • No idea if Luzon will be good or not, as i like nearly everyone else had never heard of Riga either, so i will give him a chance, my issue if he does get it, is that our owner has clearly not considered all the options to find the best manager/head coach for us as a club, he is just appointing who he currently favours and already on the company payroll.
  • No idea if Luzon will be good or not, as i like nearly everyone else had never heard of Riga either, so i will give him a chance, my issue if he does get it, is that our owner has clearly not considered all the options to find the best manager/head coach for us as a club, he is just appointing who he currently favours and already on the company payroll.

Yet how can he favour him when he sacked him?! It's all/ only about the money...
  • Wow I'm sold them must be Luzon.

If it is, great not long without a manager of it isn't fingers crossed it's someone half decent.
    Fumbluff said:

Fuck sake. They have had a golden opportunity to get the fans back on board here and they've appointed this absolute no mark.

Disappointed.

The thing is, we are now a rich man's hobby, and whether you love CP, Yann, Curbs or playing in red and white -
    He who pays the piper calls the tune. Fans are just a side issue. If RD gets us to the top of the Prem then it will be 27111 every home game and you won't recognise 15111 of them.
    If RD and his notwork get us to the top of the Prem then I'll take a shit on the telly.
    not good for the electrics after a curry.... don't ask how I know.
  • Sponsored links:

• RD has made himself look like a proper idiot if he's giving the job to this bloke after removing him from the Standard post. It's the same idea the players that are not good enough for Standard get shipped to us and the same with the manager! Joke. I hope he comes and proves us wrong if he gets the job, but I doubt it.
  • colin1961 said:

Could be very simple Guy Luzon is the best candidate ....

Not that hard on a shortlist of one though is it?
  • I have a feeling that the contract length if it is Luzon will not be announced.
  • Fumbluff said:

Fuck sake. They have had a golden opportunity to get the fans back on board here and they've appointed this absolute no mark.

Disappointed.

could be quite tricky with all these flat screen TVs
  • F me, likes a goal celebraton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY71NwD3XCo

no that celebration was on hearing that his contract had been extended for another week

• If we win and play well on Saturday and Luzon comes in next week, I suspect that CL will implode
  • This is beyond a joke. Hire a manager you sacked for not being good enough for one club to join another? I supported the idea of this network for potential players, but now i am livid with the whole set-up. Will probably calm down by the end of the week, but really not happy at the moment. They have no idea what this club needs.

Luzon will have to do a lot to win me round. Hope he proves me wrong but i am not convinced at all that he will.
  • Well that video, as crazy as it seems, makes me feel slightly better about the 'guy'. If he brings that sort of passion to the Charlton role if named manager, then I will be happier about the whole thing.

Obviously how good he is is the most important thing, however if is passionate about the club and wants to do well then at least that is a start.

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    Madz said:

This is beyond a joke. Hire a manager you sacked for not being good enough for one club to join another?

Well that is primarily what we are getting off the top point of the network (Liege) in terms of players, so why would you expect any different with coaches? (note, they don't do managers)

• Was the sacking at SL more of "you better stand down Guy, otherwise the 4,000 angry lunatics kicking down your office door might lynch you"
    So you could say it was a semi sacking, does that count?
  • F me, likes a goal celebraton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY71NwD3XCo

no that celebration was on hearing that his contract had been extended for another week

If only we could score a few.
  • I might have missed his input elsewhere, but has @Belgian_Spur got anything to say about Luzon, or any of the other posters based in Belgium?
  • If this guy gets appointed, I'm done until the Duchatelet era is over. Katrin Meire clearly said in her statement that they were going to ensure they get the best candidate for the position. If nobody else is interviewed or even considered, then it's clear that they have just appointed some bloke that they have available and who is still being paid by Roland. I will not give this regime a further penny from my pocket. I've been watching Charlton regularly since 1982 and have been a season ticket holder since 1998. I currently drive a 300 mile round trip every weekend to get to the valley and watch the team play. Enough is enough. I'm certainly not going to throw money into Roland Duchatelet's pocket whilst he sits in Belgium making decisions about a football club he has no idea about. All I want is to see some sort of considered approach to how this team is managed. Currently it seems he thinks he can just toss a bunch of average players and managers at the team and that things will tick along nicely. That is NOT going to work. He needs a proper plan because this one is doomed to failure.

Sorry, rant over....

And if it does work?
  • cabbles said:

I might have missed his input elsewhere, but has @Belgian_Spur got anything to say about Luzon, or any of the other posters based in Belgium?

The head of the Familles des Rouches(the biggest Standard fan grouping, recognised by the club) described him as a clown, in a mail to the Trust at the weekend. We've asked him for a more detailed viewpoint from them. I think we already get the flavour…

Admittedly the others registered on here are not Standard fans and they tend to suggest the Standard fans are a bit..er..unique, so it would definitely be good to hear from them

@skywalker, @defke, @byl, to name those I can recall.
  • Was the sacking at SL more of "you better stand down Guy, otherwise the 4,000 angry lunatics kicking down your office door might lynch you"
    So you could say it was a semi sacking, does that count?

Of course it was, but don't start introducing facts for heaven's sake.