Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Report on Sky News soon about new manager (ed. Luzon in talks).

Comments

• If it is Luzon i really give up and RD needs to really justify why.

Unfortunately he really does not.
  • Dazzler21 said:

If it is Luzon i really give up and RD needs to really justify why.

If you've given up does he have to justify it?

Not sure what your trying to get at TBH.

It's relatively straight forward...

You've given up?

You still want an explanation to justify why he brought in Luzon?

But you've apparently given up so it shouldn't matter.

This is all dependant on this being announced on the OS or some Israeli website first.

• edited January 2015
    Kap10 said:

Unfortunately he really does not.
    I know your right and he never will and dont even care.

If he actually believes Luzon is the best man then why?

Have they spoken to anyone else?

We know the answers already. It is a joke.
  • So all the rubbish from RD and KM about looking for the right man etc was just a tactic to make it look like they were actually considering anyone other than Luzon. So, so predictable. They didn't consider a Britsh-based coach for a second and this has clearly been lined up for weeks. Cue a statement along the lines of 'After assessing a number of candidates….we decided Guy Luzon was the best option.'
  • Well that didn't take long, did it? But then again, like others have said, it's not surprising at all.
    Rizzo said:

Simon E said:

Another head coach and NOT a manager then.

As long as RD owns the club, don't expect another manager.

My thoughts exactly. I don't know if there's been any debates/discussions on 'head coach vs manager' on here or not but personally I've always been doubtful about this continental 'head coach' structure.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

If you've given up does he have to justify it?

Not sure what your trying to get at TBH.

It's relatively straight forward...

You've given up?

You still want an explanation to justify why he brought in Luzon?

But you've apparently given up so it shouldn't matter.

This is all dependant on this being announced on the OS or some Israeli website first.

Thanks for clearing it up its straight forward.

Not sure if you are trying to be funny or clever.

• Sorry - but can Roland really be that stupid? He is a successful business man so I would guess not. It is utterly bewildering.

There must be some other reason because otherwise he is showing a complete lack of interest in searching for the best man.

My guess is when he fired Luzon from Liege he promised him another network job to get out of paying him off.
  • Does RD fire the senior managers in his micro-electronics business every six months, I wonder? Then re-appoints someone who failed at a different division?
  • Sponsored links:

• How long is it before he runs out of managers/coaches in the network to pick ?
  • Neither

You say you've given up but are demanding answers. You say you don't care then edit your post and ask more questions.

You're clearly feeling hurt as you have been lied to by an owner of a club. The club you once were able to trust implicitly.

You haven't given up yet.
    You can't.
    You're an addick, this club is part of you.

Take this knock on the chin, think about it a while.

Premier League status isn't that far off. We just need Guy Luzon or whoever comes in to be the right man for the job to get us there this season or next.

It's entirely achievable still.

Whatever RD is doing it is with a view to make money, not lose it. It may be a rough ride, but you'll be there long after RD has gone and another has bought the club. Hopefully we'll see RD's plan give us a fruitful outcome.
  • Fuck sake. They have had a golden opportunity to get the fans back on board here and they've appointed this absolute no mark.

Disappointed.

The thing is, we are now a rich man's hobby, and whether you love CP, Yann, Curbs or playing in red and white -
    He who pays the piper calls the tune. Fans are just a side issue. If RD gets us to the top of the Prem then it will be 27111 every home game and you won't recognise 15111 of them.
    I have seen this mentioned a few times but i really dont believe that to be the case.

he is a rich man because he is a good businessman.

he wants to make money from charlton but just because he isnt throwing money at the team to get us to the premier league doesnt mean he's playing championship manager.

Im not saying what he is doing will or won't work
  • Swisdom said:

Luzon's win percentage is 44.73%

Team Nat From To Record
    P W D L Win %
    Maccabi Petah Tikva Israel 2001 2007 230 109 58 63 47.39
    Hapoel Tel Aviv Israel 2007 2007 22 5 5 12 22.73
    Maccabi Petah Tikva Israel 2008 2008 17 3 3 11 17.65
    Bnei Yehuda Israel 2008 2010 98 44 23 31 44.90
    Israel U-21 Israel 2010 2013 26 12 5 9 46.15
    Standard Liège Belgium 2013 2014 72 35 16 21 48.61
    Total 465 208 110 147 44.73

That's actually a pretty decent record to be honest - especially given that he is a young coach.

Too much being read into the negativity on twitter.

At the end of the day we knew nothing of Riga - he turned out ok. We know nothing about Peeters - he started well and it sadly faded. We are still in a better position than we were 12 months ago so let's consider getting behind Roly.

I agree not a bad record and he may well if appointment work out well.

My issue if he is appointed is that he is a easy cheap fit for RD and the network. If they appoint this guy without conducting a proper recruitment process or consideration to other candidates then surely that is being incompetent and not in the best interests of CAFC.
  • If Katrien ever does a supporters trust meeting (which we all know she won't) I'll be in the front row. Liar.
  • Sorry - but can Roland really be that stupid? He is a successful business man so I would guess not. It is utterly bewildering.

There must be some other reason because otherwise he is showing a complete lack of interest in searching for the best man.

My guess is when he fired Luzon from Liege he promised him another network job to get out of paying him off.

I think the answer to your first question is a definite yes.
  • Give him time :trollface:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

Neither

You say you've given up but are demanding answers. You say you don't care then edit your post and ask more questions.

You're clearly feeling hurt as you have been lied to by an owner of a club. The club you once were able to trust implicitly.

You haven't given up yet.
    You can't.
    You're an addick, this club is part of you.

Take this knock on the chin, think about it a while.

Premier League status isn't that far off. We just need Guy Luzon or whoever comes in to be the right man for the job to get us there this season or next.

It's entirely achievable still.

Whatever RD is doing it is with a view to make money, not lose it. It may be a rough Bumpy ride, but you'll be there long after RD has gone and another has bought the club. Hopefully we'll see RD's plan give us a fruitful outcome.

Corrected that for you ;0)

• The final decision can't have been made yet.

I've not had my interview.
  • johnbaker said:

Reading so much about fans losing touch with the club etc etc. . . . What a load of absolute rubbish.RD saved us from going out of business. The man he put in charge didn't work and he got rid. Whoever comes in next is in the owners opinion the right man for the job. He may not work out but you be rest assured he will be wanting exactly what us fans want. . . And that is for the club to be winning games and finish as high up the league as possible. People are judging this Luzon before 1 game. . . It's pathetic.

He can only succeed if Roland backs him with signings and doesn't use us as a hub for his shite from across the network.
  • Well, if this is the case it proves one of two things after the "club statement" yesterday -

a) Katrien genuinely thinks we are all idiots

or

b) confirmation that Katrien hasn't got a clue about what's going on

Either way, her credibility would be irreparably damaged, and in fact if it's b) then this coming so soon after her programme notes on Saturday if I was in her shoes I'd be thinking about at what point my job becomes untenable with Roland repeatedly making her look foolish. If she has any self pride or integrity then surely she'd be considering her options.

Hoping that Sky have been premature and this isn't about to be announced. Deep down I think I know that it will be though...
  • He's quicker than Jackson, that's for sure.
  • Sky have been known to get it wrong before, let's wait and see shall we?
  • As much as I thought Peeters had to go, they cannot actually be appointing Guy Loser. Really???? I am losing any interest in Duchatelet, and what his puppet princess has to say, its all spin. And I woinder when they will realise the fans wont put up with this crap, are we going to vote with our feet, lack of ST renewals, or make noise?
  • To be fair - any manager we get will likely have been sacked from his previous job, and that will likely be tied to poor results, so we could always say "well he wasn't good enough for xxxx why does RD think he is good enough for us, shows what RD thinks of our club etc etc".
  • It dosen't really matter who comes in as the coach or manager, we will have another one in six months time.
    Seems to be a trend forming at Charlton.

I'm going to reserve jugment on the next poor soul who gets the hot seat, never know he might do better than the previous 2 the clubs owner has headed hunted from EU.