Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Charlton terminate contract of Head Coach Bob Peeters****

Comments

• cabbles said:

I went on record y'day as saying I wanted him to stay. For me the only reason he shouldn't stay was if he lost the confidence of the team. None of us know whether or not that is the case for sure.

The only crumb of positivity is that we've done it now, rather than later in the season. It might be the only plus point and give us a chance to get the new man in and change it.

Not happy though.

It's important to get the new guy in quickly as there is literally £fuckall that's begging to be spent in this window....
  • Any team in the championship need proven managers with championship experience
  • I am really surprised this happened. Thought he would have at least made it until the end of the season. But i guess this is why he was given a short term contract so that if it doesn't work out it won't cost much to get rid.

We were on a downward spiral of form, but i still thought, considering Peeters was told at the beginning of the season to keep us in the Championship, we would have held on. Maybe RD wants more now, if so good on him. Means we are not just a play thing to him if he thinks he has to make changes already to a structure he put in place.

Who he brings in is going to be interesting.
  • LuckyReds said:

What was this incident with JJ people keep referring too? I can't seem to remember anything; was it a full blown argument or..?

He was subbed at halftime yesterday. BDL announced this was down to an injury.
    Pressure?!

Nothing to do with yesterday. It was when the floodlights went out during the Blackburn cup game
  • Not a surprise to me.

We are on a shocking run, and the worst things is that the effort on the pitch isn't good enough. I don't get the feeling the players are going that extra mile for the manager.

Why he never kept Riga on in the first place is the mystery. It's not as if Peeters has such an amazing track record behind him to suggest he was the next Mourinho
  • Lurker said:

Jesus, not Sherwood.

We would have to pay huge compensation to get Jesus :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Some people have suggested Riga should come back....why would he do that after the way RD treated him in the summer?
    He knows how RD operates and I doubt he'd want to link up with him again!
  • Glad he's gone, watching CAFC recently was like watching a Les Reed team.

Not optimistic at all about the replacement (odds on Luzon)
  • I'd like Riga, but I think one Manager who probably has a lot to offer and is currently out of work is Uwe Rosler.
    I know it didn't work out at Wigan, but I just have a feeling he will go on to better things.
  • I'd like Riga, but I think one Manager who probably has a lot to offer and is currently out of work is Uwe Rosler.
    I know it didn't work out at Wigan, but I just have a feeling he will go on to better things.

After what happened Aug 16th yards in front of me, I would enjoy smashing his face in.
    And I'm a pacifist!
  • Apocalypse now?
  • Davo55 said:

Lurker said:

Jesus, not Sherwood.

We would have to pay huge compensation to get Jesus :wink:
    His release clause is thirty pieces of silver
  • Sponsored links:

• Good start early in seasons playing better football then last season, Think Bob should have been given chance turn bad run around. In past been happy to give Roland my support and trust him but think his real intentions for club starting to show. Bad day to be a fan of charlton

• After the exceptionally poor performance against Blackburn the team needed to make a resolute response yesterday. Instead, it was the same lacklustre tempo against an equally fragile team that was there for the beating. A goalless draw would have been little better than a defeat. Early-season results outshone, for the most part, the actual performances and that's why these rather unconvincing games failed to convert impressive league positions into increased attendances.

The transfer window gives any owner considering a managerial change a hefty problem. It's either early Jan or take an even bigger gamble of wait-and-see.

I would be delighted to see JR return but the previous between him and RD must make that unlikely, otherwise he would never have left in May considering the seven-week miracle he achieved.

Oh well, onward and upward ....

• New managers wife - Dana Fahn-Luzon,

I for one am looking forward to Luzon starting
  • WIZZO1952 said:

Lurker said:

Jesus, not Sherwood.

is Jesus available?

At least we would be good at crosses. ...!!!!

Dunno if he would be good at crosses tbh, his last memory of one was hanging by nails through his hands and a crown of thorns on his head, nails though his feet in unbearable heat