Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Charlton terminate contract of Head Coach Bob Peeters****

Comments

• Rob said:

A good move in my opinion. I'm glad RD acted quickly. It shows intent.

Intent for what?

I've always been a pro RD man and think so far hes in credit on the way our clubs gone, but Peeters should have been backed with getting a stronger squad assembled and given till the end of the season. RD wanted BP to start with, he should have stuck by him when the going got tough.
    100% agree with that . To give a man you chose yourself only 6 months makes yourself look like an idiot . It's all well and good having a lovely training ground and nice pitch but what's the point if the players on it are two bob.
  • You got a bare 11 and the cheeky fucker that supplies fuck all sacks u
  • Kermy said:

I agree with the decision. Changing managers regularly of course isn't good. However if you are stuck with a terrible one then you have to get rid. There's no way he was moving us forward.

Problem was the appointment process. Will Roly ever learn from his mistakes?
  • Really can't decide what I feel about this. If RD is set in not investing in the team, then I can't see how we would have improved under Peeters. He had lost the dressing room and clearly didn't have the tactical understanding of the Championship. However, with some funds to bring a few decent players, I feel he could have turned it around.

If RD honestly thinks that bringing in another face from the network and giving him no funds to build on the squad will improve us, I fear he has even less knowledge about the English game than we previously thought.

Good luck Bob, it may not have worked out in the end, but you always seemed to care and give it 100% despite having a tricky situation to deal with in the boardroom.
  • Fair play lost the dressing room. The players weren't there for him anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems bizarre to sack Peeters now when Roland seems more then happy to settle for just staying up this season, we are on poor form but still a few more games from worrying about the bottom 3.

Not sure how i feel about this but rightly or wrongly another decision that makes no sense to me but then what do they care if the fans wish to know the plan.
  • Personally wouldn't feel so bad on the sacking if it wasn't a network manager coming in! If it is a Sherwood or another English experienced manager then great. I can see Igor following Bob out of the club too... I get the feeling he was here because of Big Bob in the first place. Buckle up people... Supporting our great club has never been easy!
  • It would be nice if the next statement was to the effect that the club is going to be looking across the divisions for a new head coach and conducting a detailed recruitment process.

Won't hold my breath though, as the replacement is no doubt already lined up, be grateful for the job and will have no pretension about having any say in the players he can recruit.
  • Sven Claes ‏@svenclaes 1 minute ago
    London calling. Charlton won't (yet) confirm Guy Luzon as new manager. I expect more (official) news tomorrow. #CAFC
  • edited January 2015

I always loved the fact we gave managers a chance

Alan Curbishley- 15 Years
    Alan Pardew- 2 Years
    Phil Parkinson- 3 Years
    Chris Powell- 3 Years

other than Dowie and Reed we have gave managers a chance in my lifetime
    now its 4 managers in 3 years

Gordon's alive!

Or Paulie is alive....
  • wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

Shocking decision. A rough run lately but he is tactically aware and has improved the standard of football enormously. Why would another network unknown do any better?

Bloody hell you watching the same team as me for the last 3 months ?
    The football has been a lot better than it was under Powell, other than the Blackburn cup game and for the first half yesterday
    No it hasn't. Peeters has produced the worst football in the last 20 years.

wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

Shocking decision. A rough run lately but he is tactically aware and has improved the standard of football enormously. Why would another network unknown do any better?

The football has been a lot better than it was under Powell, other than the Blackburn cup game and for the first half yesterday
    Serious.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015

Been told it will be Sherwood. Maybe RD has seen the light.

Yeah, right! He's turned down a number of crock-of-shit clubs for us?
  • Don't wish BP ill, he tried, but he was completely rudderless, as was the team, for a while. It would be handy if RD realised the level of players he needs to compete at this level, but this is hardly a bolt from a clear blue sky.
  • Been told it will be Sherwood. Maybe RD has seen the light.

As I said on the successor thread, I would definitely take Sherwood. Take him over a random bloke who knows nothing about the English game emerging from 'the network'.

Can't see it though.
  • wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

I can only assume you didn't attend the Parkinson / Powell league 1 season, or tail end of Pardew's tenure
    Of course I did. Peeters' football in recent weeks has been dreadful. And he has better players available to him than either of those two. At least we actually created chances under those two.
  • It's the 'Young Gungs' I feel most sorry for

Yeah, I hated it when Mr. Tunstall got shot
  • Won't be Sherwood. Delusional to think it'll be anyone from outside the network.