Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Charlton terminate contract of Head Coach Bob Peeters****

Comments

• "Huw Davies ‏@thehuwdavies 18 seconds ago

Peeters the latest to suffer from starting too well. Winless in 9, sure, but were Charlton expecting better than 14th before season's start?"

14th now but heading towards the bottom three. The complete lack of competitiveness in the first half yesterday confirmed that something was seriously wrong.

I'm not worried if the new manager is unknown or whether he's English or not. Not many people had heard of Lennie Lawrence or Jose Riga but they turned out ok.
  • 7 Managers & 3 different owners in the 9 seasons since Curbs left - absolute basket case of a Football club
  • Imagine what tony watt is thinking now? And igor players who said how well the manger come across . And now it's just gone to ratshit . Pissed off with RD
  • I'm not shocked or surprised either...... I just hope we stay up!!!
  • he keeps acting quickly. Has it got us anywhere?
  • cafc4life said:

Imagine what tony watt is thinking now? And igor players who said how well the manger come across . And now it's just gone to ratshit . Pissed off with RD

I reckon Tony Watt knew what he was getting himself into when he signed for Standard tbh. He's just as used to the circus as we are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has Henry been on with his 'bumpy ride'?

Bumpy ride AUN? We've just found ourselves with four flat tyres. :wink:
  • edited January 2015
    Kneejerk ? Not really is it ? Exactly the same run as Stuart Pearce at Forest. If Pearce goes will that be kneejerk ?

4 points from 8 games & 5 of those games against poor sides.

SAT
    22NOV 2014 Millwall
    Millwall
    The Sky Bet Championship
    Att 19,189 H 0 - 0 D Stats Report
    SAT
    29NOV 2014 Ipswich
    Ipswich
    The Sky Bet Championship
    Att 16,613 H 0 - 1 L Stats Report
    DECEMBER
    SAT
    06DEC 2014 Nottingham Forest
    Nottingham Forest
    The Sky Bet Championship
    Att 22,297 A 1 - 1 D Stats Report
    SAT
    13DEC 2014 Blackpool
    Blackpool
    The Sky Bet Championship
    Att 15,411 H 2 - 2 D Stats Report
    SAT
    20DEC 2014 Blackburn
    Blackburn
    The Sky Bet Championship
    Att 13,231 A 2 - 0 L Stats Report
    FRI
    26DEC 2014 Cardiff
    Cardiff
    The Sky Bet Championship
    Att 17,543 H 1 - 1 D Stats Report
    TUE
    30DEC 2014 Ipswich
    Ipswich
    The Sky Bet Championship
    Att 26,157 A 3 - 0 L Stats Report
    JANUARY
    SAT
    03JAN 2015 Blackburn
    Blackburn
    The FA Cup
    Att 8,727 H 1 - 2 L Stats
    SAT
    10JAN 2015 Brighton
    Brighton
    The Sky Bet Championship
    Att 17,865 H 0 - 1 L

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/index.aspx#T8HGg1ZiQGMWtGHY.99
  • WOW

You were wrong. I'm disappointed in you.
  • Sponsored links:

• We also sacked a Devolpment coach and a performance analyst. I suppose RD feels we are lacking at other places beside Manager
  • network players, network managers
  • I'm well pleased. Don't get the anti Roland sentiment.

The anti-Roland sentiment is because he clearly hasn't got a clue. Peeters was his appointment.
  • Rossman92 said:

We also sacked a Devolpment coach and a performance analyst. I suppose RD feels we are lacking at other places beside Manager

Or they are part of the problem in the dressing room.
  • First thought was wow but actually it's not surprising at all.

He started well but yesterday it got to the point where I was struggling to see how we'd score a goal, keep a clean sheet and actually win a game.

He needed a bigger squad (and whoever replaced him also will) but I expect there's probably some truth in the rumours of fall outs, unhappy players etc. He tried to push out Wilson and Church before we even replaced them by not rarely using them. There's the argument they're League 1 players but at times we had worse players on the bench in their place. Similar situation with Morrison though we had 2 ahead I him and signed a replacement when he went.

If we're going to have a small budget maybe we shouldn't be trying to play patient passing football. But then under Powell and Parky we grinded out results playing a more direct game and that also wasn't seen as good enough. Riga perhaps found a balance but we had a few bad defeats along the way. A different situation under him as we were playing twice a week every week and he did seem to target the "easier" and must win games.

No doubt it'll be another Belgian or Belgian league manager that gets the job.