Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Charlton terminate contract of Head Coach Bob Peeters****

Comments

• "Huw Davies ‏@thehuwdavies 18 seconds ago

Peeters the latest to suffer from starting too well. Winless in 9, sure, but were Charlton expecting better than 14th before season's start?"

Roland himself said survival was the aim this season.. which is what makes this completely and utterly perplexing.
  • Riviera said:

It's time for Colin........

In fairness, if you were looking for a short team manager to get you into the Championship play offs he would be a good choice. But we are looking for a Head Coach and not a manager. For that reason alone I can't see it being an English name we've heard of but a European coach used to that set up.
  • feel sorry for Big Bob------but mostly for us----we are a joke at the moment
  • NugNug
    edited January 2015
    Circus at the moment. No doubt it will be Luzon or Fraye. I hate this network malarkey, no personality to the club at the moment.
  • We are a sack of shit sometimes. Interesting to see who he brings in, prob Luzon or Freye.

It's not that interesting though, is it? Just gonna be another network clone who'll be given the same threadbare squad to work with.
  • What's the history with Freye and Luzon??! We hadn't won since early November someone said earlier, and we were heading for the bottom three.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our soul has been sucked dry

Thing is, a managerial change normally brings excitement.

We know however there is a good chance it will be this Luzon flop, inexperienced Freye, or some other Belgium or network related non-entity. Riga maybe, but his chance to build on his momentum was six months ago.

Can understand why so many are becoming a bit exhausted with this club. It's not just losing games, it's losing it's soul and it's losing it's character.

Agree with this last paragraph. The club do not deserve my cash so will now spend my hard earned on other, more worthwhile pastimes.

Very sad to report that and never happened before, even in many previous lows.

• I'm surprised but not upset and pleased that the owner has had the balls to sack a manager who's lost the plot as well as (reportedly) the dressing room .. This could revive our season

Sadly, because I don't like seeing people fail, this captures exactly how I feel about it. The poor football was one thing but he did seem to have alienated a lot of the players and destroyed some pretty fragile confidence. I just hope we don't get another European nobody.
  • Well hope those who moan and groan are happy now! Thanks Bob for all you hage done.
  • don't worry bob, there might be an opening soon at the toolbox.
  • MrLargo said:

We are a sack of shit sometimes. Interesting to see who he brings in, prob Luzon or Freye.

It's not that interesting though, is it? Just gonna be another network clone who'll be given the same threadbare squad to work with.
    And no doubt on a 6 month contract for ease of disposal in June.
  • Luzon or Frieye would be my guess
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015

Sigh

This

• Bloody hell. New manager/coach/stooge is going to have instant results or there's going to be big trouble in little Charlton I fear...
  • No wonder the standard fans are pissed off with this arsehole, turning us into a joke of a football club.any plans we had made have been thrown completely out the window. Peeters was losing the plot but I can see why now with Roland above him. Relegation scrap here we go
  • Thing is, a managerial change normally brings excitement.

We know however there is a good chance it will be this Luzon flop, inexperienced Freye, or some other Belgium or network related non-entity. Riga maybe, but his chance to build on his momentum was six months ago.

Can understand why so many are becoming a bit exhausted with this club. It's not just losing games, it's losing it's soul and it's losing it's character.

But it is gaining way too many apostrophes... ;-)