Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Charlton terminate contract of Head Coach Bob Peeters****

Comments

• Please not Luzon. Not good enough.
  • se9addick said:

I'd rather Dowie than Sherwood

I wouldn't go that far.
  • Please not Luzon. Not good enough.

Done deal apparently mate, will be announced by mid day tomorrow
  • cafc4life said:

Rob said:

A good move in my opinion. I'm glad RD acted quickly. It shows intent.

Intent for what?

I've always been a pro RD man and think so far hes in credit on the way our clubs gone, but Peeters should have been backed with getting a stronger squad assembled and given till the end of the season. RD wanted BP to start with, he should have stuck by him when the going got tough.
    100% agree with that . To give a man you chose yourself only 6 months makes yourself look like an idiot . It's all well and good having a lovely training ground and nice pitch but what's the point if the players on it are two bob.
    2 Bob, more like no Bob.

• brogib said:

Please not Luzon. Not good enough.

Done deal apparently mate, will be announced by mid day tomorrow
    Source?
  • RD comes from the school of "if you buy enough raffle tickets eventually you will win the prize".
  • edited January 2015
    Heard today that bob was upsetting a lot of people from very early on, it was just his results that were keeping him going. When they dried up... He had nothing to hide behind.
  • On another note regarding luzon. How many people thought riga would be up to the job? A lot of people here might not agree with the sacking of Powell but I am sure all would agree Riga far exceeded our expectations...
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:

Lucky Pards has gone to Palarse

But Andy Townsend's looking for a job :(

• se9addick said:

I'd rather Dowie than Sherwood

Wash your mouth out.
  • How different things could have been if Solly's shot had of gone in, Bikey wouldn't of taken out Craig Mackail-Smith and the goal wouldn't of happened
  • IdleHans said:

Don't even think it in jest!
  • Don't know enough about Luzons ability but it seems strange RD would want someone he's already fell out with??
  • Oops sorry didn't see the poyet photo had been posted
  • So many mixed feelings. Shame for Bob, but there's so much stuff that he got wrong. He has apparently alienated the players, there's no tactical nous on display, his press conferences became more and more desperate and the results have been awful. Even so you like to see a manager given time and Bob's only had 6 months of football. I'm not at all surprised that Roland has pulled the trigger really. The worst part is that for all it's sad to see any manager sacked, you always get that little tingle of excitement wondering about who the new man will be. Not this time; I fear it'll be one of Roland's men or a bloke from abroad we haven't heard of. That or Dowie.
  • Alan's available.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't know enough about Luzons ability but it seems strange RD would want someone he's already fell out with??

Did he fall out with him or just realised he was a useless head coach? That is it, he is our next head coach
  • I have been considering for a while about RD and his plans. This sacking has made up my mind - no season ticket(s) in the future. I ain't giving any more money to the network.
  • Would love RIGA back, but 99% sure will be Luzon.
  • Luzon has no experience of English football and what is required to be competitive in the Championship!

Appointing him would be an absolute farce and a joke!
  • Happy? No. Sad? No. Concerned about who we might get in next? Yes!

Wasn't his biggest fan, nor did I want him to be sacked, I don't want us to be THAT club.

Those in charge need to pick someone they think can get us challenging for promotion and BACK him with players and time.

Unfortunately I don't have any faith in them picking the right person this time round.

Strongly considering applying, with a tweaked CV saying I've managed Standard Liege before!
  • IdleHans said:

IdleHans said:

Don't even think it in jest!
    And Neil Warnock is 'Resting' too, god forbid.