Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Charlton terminate contract of Head Coach Bob Peeters****

Comments

• wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

Shocking decision. A rough run lately but he is tactically aware and has improved the standard of football enormously. Why would another network unknown do any better?

Bloody hell you watching the same team as me for the last 3 months ?
    The football has been a lot better than it was under Powell, other than the Blackburn cup game and for the first half yesterday
    This league doesn't require 'attractive' football. Look at Ipswich for confirmation of that. It needs results no matter how you get them.
    Sadly, that appears to be the case.
    Ipswich apparently have the lowest passing success rate in the division.
  • I know it won't mean much but I feel like voting with my feet
  • Has Henry been on with his 'bumpy ride'?

Steal my thunder why don't you

:- )

Yes, bumpy ride. That what RD does but still surprised he did it now.

Fraeye I reckon if not now then soon.

No doubt M. Duchatelat's cheerleader will tell us "what's not to like" and the it is all part of the plan.
  • Whether it is a correct decision or not only time will tell. Gutted for Peeters but that's the nature of the job these days.

Think it could be Roy Keane with Paul Ince as assistant to come in ;) They are available for a few months work!
  • Yikes.....I'm genuinely terrified of who's next through the revolving door.
  • edited January 2015
    RD has already sacked Luzon once. Just praying that he doesn't want to work with him again.

Fraeye is an unknown. How much influence did he have last season when working with Riga?
  • jamescafc said:

brogib said:

Please not Luzon. Not good enough.

Done deal apparently mate, will be announced by mid day tomorrow
    Source?
    Me mate just told me
  • Sponsored links:

• Sad because it makes us a joke like the rest of um with the hiring and firing and turning us into a joke
    But to honest bob was shite
  • If we are going to strengthen in the transfer window, (and I don't have a crystal ball saying that we will) now was the time to make the change.

Thus, the new man can put forward his own views on who he wants.

As the Chinese say, "may you live in interesting times"...
  • What was this incident with JJ people keep referring too? I can't seem to remember anything; was it a full blown argument or..?
  • If there is any truth in him falling out with players + results being what they are then it is no surprise. It's sad but RD had to act to stop us falling into relagAtion zone.

As long as it's not another Belgium manager with zero experience I understand it.
  • It's not just our low points tally recently, it's the fact that we've looked like a car crash with boring tactics and dodgy body language. The right thing to get to of bob but he should have never been here in the first place. Basket case at the moment. No doubt another network stooge on the way. Makes St renewal decision a but easier unfortunately. A resounding MEH from me. Bye Bob.
  • LuckyReds said:

What was this incident with JJ people keep referring too? I can't seem to remember anything; was it a full blown argument or..?

He was subbed at halftime yesterday. BDL announced this was down to an injury.
    Pressure?!

• Why don't people want Luzon? He was the one who took Liege to the top if I'm not mistaking him for someone else? It was only the start to this season that he struggled with?
  • I went on record y'day as saying I wanted him to stay. For me the only reason he shouldn't stay was if he lost the confidence of the team. None of us know whether or not that is the case for sure.

The only crumb of positivity is that we've done it now, rather than later in the season. It might be the only plus point and give us a chance to get the new man in and change it.

Not happy though.

• Sponsored links:

• Another thing I thought of watching the Brighton game.

At least we hopefully won't be relying on trying to bore the opposition to death anytime soon. Brighton, the away team would get the ball and instantly look to rub it forward. So many times we were in attacking positions and played it all the way to the back 4 who would play it all the way round.

Sometimes there is real merit in that, but instead we do it at 0-0 in a game we should win, and then don't look like attacking until we are losing.

That for me is tactics set down by the manager. That was piss poor and has been for a few months now.
  • As Keith Burkinshaw famously said when leaving Spurs all those years ago, "There Used To Be A Football Club Over There".

Goodnight everyone.

• LuckyReds said:

What was this incident with JJ people keep referring too? I can't seem to remember anything; was it a full blown argument or..?

He was subbed at halftime yesterday. BDL announced this was down to an injury.
    Pressure?!

Jacko was defo injured on Saturday, Physio ran straight to him when ref blew for half time
  • Grass is always greener and all that. Yes, we have been shite for 2 months now BUT who will Heir Duchâtelet bring in next?? Making a rod for his/our back as we are becoming a poisoned chalice for any half decent manager. Thing is Peters had substantially more quality, if not quantity, at his disposal than both Powell and Riga and would assume next guy will have broadly the same numbers to work with so i do not expect anyone of note to put themselves forward
  • edited January 2015
    Looking at Luzon's record it ain't actually that bad tbf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Luzon
  • Thus, the new man can put forward his own views on who he wants.

And then be told "Yeah, yeah whatever - here's an unwanted midfielder, an unsettled right back and a third choice goalkeeper."
  • Lurker said:

Jesus, not Sherwood.

The voice of reason.
  • Tanque said:

Grass is always greener and all that. Yes, we have been shite for 2 months now BUT who will Heir Duchâtelet bring in next?? Making a rod for his/our back as we are becoming a poisoned chalice for any half decent manager. Thing is Peters had substantially more quality, if not quantity, at his disposal than both Powell and Riga and would assume next guy will have broadly the same numbers to work with so i do not expect anyone of note to put themselves forward

The grass is normally greener because its got more sh*t spread on it!