Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Charlton terminate contract of Head Coach Bob Peeters****

Comments

• edited January 2015
    seth plum said:

I thought the Liege fans campaigned to get Luzon sacked, and thought he was turning into a joke. this is not fact, just an impression from the internet.

This is correct. This is an excerpt from a public statement issued by the Famille des Rouches on 16 October, not long before Luzon was sacked, and sent to the Trust for info:

Family of Reds now presents the following observation: the doubts (on his arrival in our Club) of the capacity and the lack of experience of our coach Guy Luzon prove accurate, he does not have the stature to lead Standard to the (expected) level of the club and his place is no longer at the head of our team.

that's not to say their judgement was right. But it's clear what they thought, and they are the official fans' body.
  • Interesting that Bob and the 2 Belgians(?) have been sacked, but not Damien Matthew.

Yeah, when SCP was relieved of his duties, Alex Dyer stayed on as did Damien.
    But in this case 2 others have got the chop as well (Patrick Van Houdt and Guy Kiala)
    I know. Read into that what you will
    I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying. Surely Uncle Les isn't coming back is he?
  • Would love to get Glenn Hoddle but probably unrealistic

I'd love to see that bloke from Borussia Dortmund (even though they are not having a good time) but I think he might think our name was a misprint of Chelsea. ;-)

Poor old Bob, I dont like to see anyone lose their job, especially on their birthday. Roland only gave him a years contract anyway, so I'm not really that surprised he hasn't made it to the end. Its a result profession and Bob's record wasn't good. We looked good at the start of the season and with the same players we couldn't buy a win, something has obviously gone on behind the scenes. Even taking into account injuries and suspensions its hard to defend his record.

At least it adds a little interest to an otherwise crap season. The next experimental coach will come and probably go within 6 months and we will start afresh for the 2015/16 season.
  • Well Tony Watt is a big fan of Luzon

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic/football-is-not-fair-says-former-celtic-striker-watt-185431n.25656260
    That was enough for the board to pull the trigger on him, but Watt reckons he owed his former boss a lot.

Watt said: "Thanks coach for everything. I've learned more in two months with you than I did in two years. Top coach and top man.

"I honestly don't have one bad word to say about him. He gave me my opportunity and gave everything to the club. Football is not fair.

"I'm not 100 per cent fit, but he gave me time and protected me."
  • Felix Magath 25/1 lol as if RD would be up for anyone that would answer back. Mad how they come up with this stuff.
  • Interesting that Bob and the 2 Belgians(?) have been sacked, but not Damien Matthew.

Yeah, when SCP was relieved of his duties, Alex Dyer stayed on as did Damien.
    But in this case 2 others have got the chop as well (Patrick Van Houdt and Guy Kiala)
    I know. Read into that what you will
    I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying. Surely Uncle Les isn't coming back is he?
    Doubt it
  • Hopefully in order to placate fans, Duchalet will splash out on a marquee player. Ciftce please Roland with a Coquelin type loan also.
  • IdleHans said:

Curbs always seems to be 16/1 for everything...

• Interesting that Karlan Ahearne-Grant has favourited the the @cafcofficial Tweet which confirmed the sacking.....
  • CAFCsayer said:

Can someone link me to next perm manager odds please?

http://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials
    Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting that Karlan Ahearne-Grant has favourited the the @cafcofficial Tweet which confirmed the sacking.....

Serious question : is that like the "like" button ?

• I really have no great feelings on the matter. Wasn't impressed with BP even when we were getting results and can see why it's been done but overall I blame RD for hiring him and the circumstances that led to his appointment.

I had no interest in going to Watford before today. Seriously considering going now.

He's unlikely to have much beef with the guy who gave him his debut as a 17-y-o is he? Probably accidental thumb trouble like half the Lols I've given you lot before :smile:

Serious question : is that like the "like" button ?

Pretty much. Acts as a bookmark.
  • Davo55 said:

Lurker said:

Jesus, not Sherwood.

We would have to pay huge compensation to get Jesus :wink:
    His release clause is thirty pieces of silver
    I suppose the Shekel was not the currency in those days?
  • Felix Magath 25/1 lol as if RD would be up for anyone that would answer back. Mad how they come up with this stuff.

Implied probability of less than 4%. Not exactly outrageous is it?
  • There was another thread which mentioned that Karel Freye was at a recent game and said something about his bell would be ringing soon.

• So sorry for Bob given very little time,things happen not overnight but over months and weeks.
    Have a feeling that over the last few weeks a replacement has been given the nod.
    Remember how Bob Peeters was given the job,look no further than that.
  • RedChaser said:

Has Henry been on with his 'bumpy ride'?

Bumpy ride AUN? We've just found ourselves with four flat tyres. :wink:
    I have a spare one!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    se9addick said:

iaitch said:

There was another thread which mentioned that Karel Freye was at a recent game and said something about his bell would be ringing soon.

That comment also made Freye sound like an absolute lunatic.
    Lost in Translation ?

Or maybe he has a Quasimodo complex ?

• As I was parking on Saturday saw Peter Taylor walking towards club
  • se9addick said:

iaitch said:

There was another thread which mentioned that Karel Freye was at a recent game and said something about his bell would be ringing soon.

That comment also made Freye sound like an absolute lunatic.
    Lost in Translation ?

Or maybe he has a Quasimodo complex ?

No, if he wants to get involved with us he's probably a lunatic !
  • I'd like Riga, but I think one Manager who probably has a lot to offer and is currently out of work is Uwe Rosler.
    I know it didn't work out at Wigan, but I just have a feeling he will go on to better things.

Great shout. I got caned a while back saying that he was a good manager.

Shame he's not going to get the job.
  • davedave said:

As I was parking on Saturday saw Peter Taylor walking towards club

A steward friend has said that (apparently, she did not see them all herself) Riga, Taylor and Sherwood and someone thought but not definitely Luzon were all seen on Saturday, so take it as you will. She also has said no-one below board level has any information but it could be they do know and won't share it with her for some reason!

• We know however there is a good chance it will be this Luzon flop, inexperienced Freye, or some other Belgium or network related non-entity. Riga maybe, but his chance to build on his momentum was six months ago..

I think you can replace good chance with nailed on. RD won't even consider looking beyond his poxy network.

And if Riga has any pride, he wouldn't even give us a second thought if he was made another offer.
  • This is both a risky and hasty move in my opinion especially if we replace him with Luzon - another unproven foreign manager. True things are not going well at the moment but like any other Manager BP needs time and lack of patience and stability is usually the wrong option. I will only understand this if we replace him with a proven and experienced manager who knows what the Championship is like and preferably knows something about us. Isn't there someone called Curbishley that is available and fits the bill?
  • Should we look to the Peeters Successor thread re Riga. ?
  • Neil warnock anyone :)