Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Charlton terminate contract of Head Coach Bob Peeters****

Comments

• Granpa said:

I am worried that Roland knows a lot about business, and very little about football.

Knows a lot about Belgium, and not very much about Belgians!!
  • seth plum said:

My reading of the Jose Riga situation was that Mr Duchatelet gave him a very specific brief, and a tight contract length. Both parties delivered, but possibly Jose Riga liked it here more than he anticipated, and sent out vibes of regret, which many have tuned into, and interpreted as bad treatment. It was not bad treatment by Mr D. Indeed José seemed to have enjoyed his taste of English football, hence Blackpool.
    I can't see any formal reason why Mr D couldn't approach Jose again, I don't know about any personals. However Guy Luzon arriving would mirror Rigas arrival last year, and maybe he will turn out to be Rigaesque and we will like him. When Riga arrived I was personally vehement in my antipathy towards him, and I was wrong. I think Jose Riga has conducted himself with integrity at all times and can see the absolute logic of his return if he and Mr D want that.
    Liege fans are reportedly mightily annoyed with Luzon, and in that context Luzon would possibly be more of a risk than Jose Riga.
    I don't think we are going to get someone with extensive local knowledge which we need, mainly because a suitable candidate doesn't seem to be available out there. Dunno, Nigel Adkins maybe? Hmmmn, really can't think of one, and would a British style manager want to be a head coach?

Why are they mad at Luzon?
  • Would just like someone with good English football managerial experience. Have a feeling it will be Luzon though.
  • I thought the Liege fans campaigned to get Luzon sacked, and thought he was turning into a joke. this is not fact, just an impression from the internet.
  • He must be bored of being a pundit by now!
  • Come in curbs.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015

New managers wife - Dana Fahn-Luzon,

Yep, Luzon is definitely the right man for the job.
  • Interesting that Bob and the 2 Belgians(?) have been sacked, but not Damien Matthew.

Yeah, when SCP was relieved of his duties, Alex Dyer stayed on as did Damien.
  • Interesting that Bob and the 2 Belgians(?) have been sacked, but not Damien Matthew.

But in this case 2 others have got the chop as well (Patrick Van Houdt and Guy Kiala)

Matthew seems to keep surviving.
  • Can someone link me to next perm manager odds please?
  • Lurker said:

Jesus, not Sherwood.

is Jesus available?

Would be a great manager, you just know he'll sacrifice himself for the good of the team
  • ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!

CANNOT BELIEVE IT, I NOW NEED TO FIND A NEW PROFILE PIC. IT TOOK ME AGES TO FIND A GOOD ONE OF BOB :neutral_face:
  • IdleHans said:

WIZZO1952 said:

Lurker said:

Jesus, not Sherwood.

is Jesus available?

At least we would be good at crosses. ...!!!!
    He'd start Pope and Church every game
    Matchday catering would just be loaves and fishes, and only enough for 5,000.
    Water into wine would be a definite bonus though !

But in this case 2 others have got the chop as well (Patrick Van Houdt and Guy Kiala)
    I know. Read into that what you will
  • Sponsored links:

• Bad news everyone…
  • Team Nat From To Record
    P W D L Win %
    Maccabi Petah Tikva Israel 2001 2007 230 109 58 63 47.39
    Hapoel Tel Aviv Israel 2007 2007 22 5 5 12 22.73
    Maccabi Petah Tikva Israel 2008 2008 17 3 3 11 17.65
    Bnei Yehuda Israel 2008 2010 98 44 23 31 44.90
    Israel U-21 Israel 2010 2013 26 12 5 9 46.15
    Standard Liège Belgium 2013 2014 72 35 16 21 48.61
    Total 465 208 110 147 44.73
  • Can someone link me to next perm manager odds please?
  • _nam11 said:

ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!

CANNOT BELIEVE IT, I NOW NEED TO FIND A NEW PROFILE PIC. IT TOOK ME AGES TO FIND A GOOD ONE OF BOB :neutral_face:

That is his Basil Fawlty impression.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Can someone link me to next perm manager odds please?

http://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials
  • New managers wife - Dana Fahn-Luzon,

Don't know why, but I fancy a fried egg
  • Hahaha. Wonder how many people have a Guy Luzon pic as profile pic.

I'll go first shall I?
  • Curbs always seems to be 16/1 for everything...
  • Wouldn't mind rene muelensteen