Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Charlton terminate contract of Head Coach Bob Peeters****

Comments

• Ledge said:

Neil warnock anyone :)

Wash your mouth out, Ledge !

• Ledge said:

Neil warnock anyone :)

wouldn't be the worse choice, but NO chance
  • MrLargo said:

Won't be Sherwood. Delusional to think it'll be anyone from outside the network.

Won't be Sherwood. Delusional to think it'll be anyone who isn't Belgian.

Corrected that for you ...
  • iaitch said:

There was another thread which mentioned that Karel Freye was at a recent game and said something about his bell would be ringing soon.

Lucky ole Karel.

• I heard Sherwood was at the Forest game this weekend. Must have got a heli at half time.
  • MrLargo said:

Won't be Sherwood. Delusional to think it'll be anyone from outside the network.

Guy Luzon is israeli.

• MrLargo said:

Luzon is from Israel ,so it cannot be him.
  • Yea think it's karel Freye think I'd sooner Jose Riga back though
  • WOW

I second that wow!! Can't believe it day after this birthday too!! RD bad man
  • Sponsored links:

• Yea think it's karel Freye think I'd sooner Jose Riga back though

Would be happy with both, as long as Riga's in charge.

• Sounds to me like it'll be this Karel Fraeye then.

Not surprised Peeters has gone, performances have been poor and there's been too many stories of him losing the dressing room for there not to be some truth in those.

What i'm more surprised at, is how the hell is Stuart Pearce still in a job.
  • It will have to be a yes man who accepts that somebody else picks the players.Also someone who accepts that the squad will be weak and short of experience.I cannot see anybody of quality wanting the job,especially being the 4th manager in less than a year.
    For me the main problem is the owner.I fear dark times ahead.
  • Roland Duchatelet appointed Jose Riga assisted by Karel Fraeye.
    Karel Freye. He is highly thought of by Duchatelet and one of his jobs is head of network player recruitment, it was Freye who was largely responsible for getting Vetokele to The Valley.
    When he departed in May, Freye told some fans that he would return as Charlton manager in the not too distant future.
    Recently he grinned broadly, and said, "The bell is ringing for me."
  • Perhaps RD feels that KF was the man behind keeping us up rather than JR.

Prefer KF over GL for sure.
  • edited January 2015
    It would be nice to have a club being run for the long term interests of the club, I get all the bringing through youngsters into the first team / padding out the squad with youngsters, whatever you want to call it, but we are lacking nous and know how in this division, on the playing side and managerial side, Roland and Katrien, please think through wisely your next move.
  • Bob's sacking feels harsh, given the very small size of the squad, although we do have some talent on the books and the players are simply not producing at the moment - or (more alarmingly) even looking like they are going to do so in the foreseeable future. Most of us don't know what has been going on behind the scenes but if certain relationships with key players had, indeed, broken down, Duchatelet probably felt that he had to act. As Fanny and others have said, if a change was going to be made, it needed to be made early in the transfer window if - and it's a big if - there is a chance of more players coming in this month.

At 4/1, Luzon looks highly likely, although I can't imagine that certain ex-Liege players and loanees from that club will be particularly pleased to see him. He only left there on 20 October after one win in eight games and it would seem a very strange appointment. Depending upon the terms of his departure from Liege, he may even still be on the Network's payroll under the terms of any severance.

As to Jose Riga, I wouldn't assume that Roland would be too proud to admit that he made a mistake and make an approach to him. I suspect the difficulty would be on Jose's side, although you never know.

Curbs would not fit the owner's profile, besides which, the reason he treated himself as constructively dismissed at West Ham was lack of control over player transfers (in contravention of his express contractual terms).

I expect that the new incumbent has been lined up, or at least sounded out, and all will no doubt be revealed in short order.
  • I wonder how easily Stuart Pearce is sleeping tonight?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    One thing that a lot of people seem to mention is the 'network' effect, and the general concensus that it doesnt work - however, Watford is a network, and they dont seem to have done too bad for past 2 seasons. - whats the difference? Is it the quality of the network?
  • edited January 2015
  • Well hope those who moan and groan are happy now! Thanks Bob for all you hage done.

Seriously, what has he done that will be remembered in a years time?
    He kept us up in a season that really could have been a huge struggle for us.

The club was a shambles last summer, he came in and has managed to accumulate enough points to put us in a strong position for survival.

So I thank you Big Bob, and good luck in the future.
  • edited January 2015

One thing that a lot of people seem to mention is the 'network' effect, and the general concensus that it doesnt work - however, Watford is a network, and they dont seem to have done too bad for past 2 seasons. - whats the difference? Is it the quality of the network?

I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's the bloke calling all the shots and their's is making a better fist of it than ours in terms of playing staff and on the field progress.
  • dizzee said:

Well hope those who moan and groan are happy now! Thanks Bob for all you hage done.

The club was a shambles last summer, he came in and has managed to accumulate enough points to put us in a strong position for survival.

When was that then?
  • DannyCAFC said:

Roland Duchatelet appointed Jose Riga assisted by Karel Fraeye.
    Karel Freye. He is highly thought of by Duchatelet and one of his jobs is head of network player recruitment, it was Freye who was largely responsible for getting Vetokele to The Valley.
    When he departed in May, Freye told some fans that he would return as Charlton manager in the not too distant future.
    Recently he grinned broadly, and said, "The bell is ringing for me."

The fact that he is head if player recruitment is a good thing. It means that every player that comes into Charlton will actually be wanted by the manager, since it will be him choosing who comes in.
  • DRAddick said:

dizzee said:

Well hope those who moan and groan are happy now! Thanks Bob for all you hage done.

When was that then?
    This season