Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Brighton - Post match views

Comments

• Not too disappointed, some gd signs for future, cousins looks like a centre midfielder and gomez looks a proper player. Watt & igor looks like a decent partnership in the making. On the negative side wilson was dreadful from start to sub
  • Personally don't dislike Bob Peeters but don't think he has the talent to turn the sows ear into the silk purse that Duchatelet is expecting him to do. Currently BP is floundering. The only hope is to get some more quality in, and the only way that is happening is Bob Peeters is replaced by another head coach, who may request some access to funds for quality to turn things around before taking the job.
  • If we're not careful we'll be dragged into a relegation battle, we've been poor for a while now and something has to change. Not suggesting the manager but we seem out of ideas and are bloody boring to watch in truth. We have to get a few bodies in this month and i'm not talking about a Serbian u21 goalkeeper but someone who has played in this f***ing division before. Lloyd Dyer/Chris Wood/McGugan anyone? Oh and don't play Igor if he isn't fit.
  • Peeters needs to lock the dressing room door and throw some tea cups around.

There's no urgency or passion.

• Am interested to know if we had a penalty shout in the first half?.
  • My season ticket has been put away and I honestly don't know if I'll bother getting it out again. Any other season, I'd feel oblidged to go, to justify the cost of the ST. Fortunately, I only spent £150 and I really feel I've seen the better half of our season..............
  • edited January 2015

Etheridge is not a Championship standard keeper. Really need Henderson back

This. I cannot believe some fans have given him a mark of 5 or above on the other thread. Apart from catching shots from a distance that have gone straight to him, he has been awful. Terrible foot work, very indecisive, poor kicking, poor communication and absolutely no presence. Very worrying.
  • Wish I still lived in London so I could go to the local, engage in some banter / abuse, have couple of pints and forget about it.

This
  • Sponsored links:

• I didn't think we were that bad.

Then again I don't think we were that good either.

Looked ok first half and Watt looks like he might offer something but we really lacked some spark.

Most of all we missed Igor.

Yes I know Igor was on the pitch but it's not the sharp player who controlled the ball first time, made things happen and scored goals.

If someone finds him can we have him back.

At this rate Huddersfield will be level with us on points.

I also think we are missing Jacko. I still think he is still feeling his injury.
  • What's really depressing is that was actually a better performance than our last couple of games and we still looked a million miles from getting the three points.
  • Don't worry Bob says we were unlucky........yet again.
  • It's difficult to get enthusiastic about going to games at the moment. If and when we do take lead we sit so deep it's only a matter of time before we conceded. Hard to see there fore how the next win is going to happen right now.
    Did Brighton sit back at 1-0? No they did not. Ok they did not pour forward and at times we did threaten, but there weren't many anxious moments for the Seagulls.

• I also think we are missing Jacko. I still think he is still feeling his injury.

Sorry but I think Jacko has been missing all season
  • Piss poor yet again, only positive was Watt looked good in his cameo

Disagree, I thought Gomez looked good in his cameo too.

• I didnt think there was much difference between the teams today, both pretty poor with nothing up front, very worried about these poor goals we keep giving away now.
    Only highlight was watt who looked promising up front. Im dreading watford away.....
  • I thought Watt looked good.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    I don't think Bob could manage a McDonalds tbh. I don't normally blame a manager but you can tell he is tactically clueless. Players out of position, players look half arsed, sticking a CB up front in the dying minutes too often. He doesn't even have anything about him tbh, doesn't strike me as the motivational type. I wouldn't be fussed if he went, don't like seeing managers go but his comments after games do my head in and he's generally just out of his depth.

We just had a deceiving start. Bikey, Ben Haim, Henderson, Buyens and Vetokele were all having blinders and only one of them has really remained consistent imo (excluding Henderson cause of injuries) but the good news is for us, Blackpool, Millwall and Wigan are all very shit so if it comes down to a relegation scrap again we should be alright.

The major concern for me also is I think the transfer business is over, the ins at least. The twitter account keeps mentioning Watt at every opportunity. Nothing wrong with that but just gives me the impression they are trying to make him look like our big signing of the window when we all expect a couple more decent signings.

Lastly there is too many shit players here, cba saying them all but we all know them. If you just take a look at Derbys bench today for instance and compare it to ours the difference is unreal.
  • “Igor (Vetokele) is still struggling with his Achilles but he keeps on playing. We try to manage him as good as possible because he’s a very important player. Hopefully he’ll recover and play again Saturday."

Of course, I don't know how bad the injury is, but I do believe it is the opposite of good management if he keeps playing while "struggling with his achilles" - for what seems like several weeks now.
  • edited January 2015
    Wilson should be shipped out immediately. Bikey is getting slower when he should be fitter. Tucadean should be at the bottom of the pecking order now.
  • Don't really have too much to add and too apathetic about moaning but one thing.

People saying Etheridge will cost us games - he cost us TODAY! That game had 0-0 written all over it, if he stays on his line for their free-kick, he should save the header at his near post. Instead he came and missed it and they score.
  • Never thought I would say this but Church is a better option than George. He must be so easy to mark.
  • Some positives
    Watt looks like he could be a good acquisition
    Cousins definitely a better player in the middle
    Solly was decent
    Wiggins back; not fully match fit an will get better
    Gomez looks accomplished

Negatives
    Wilson - o dear
    Etheridge - bad mistake and as for his kicking
    George - another attempt to be a poor mans Church
    Igor - still unfit

and worst of all
    Big Bob - have we given up trying to have any tactics or game plan

• Cant comment on today because I wasn't there but to lose again is another kick in the teeth.We don't no what goes on between Peeters and RD but we could all see when Coquelin went back to Arsenal we were so short in midfield.Peeters should of asked for a replacement 2 cover when Solly ends up playing in midfield surely alarm bells start to ring.Really hope Hendersen returns sooner than we all hope.I still think we are going to be ok but unless we sort this midfield out we are going to struggle.
  • I think the problem lies with Bob. Having said that, would it be better to replace him now? Would a new manager be able to gel the team or is it best to stick with what you've got? That is the dilemma.

I actually think we have the nucleus of a good team with the players we have. Solly, TBH, Bikey, Wiggins, JBG, Cousins, Buyens, Igor, Watt are all solid. Plus Gomez, Henderson when he's back. Add to that Moussa and Bulot. Plus the new young goalie. A lot of these players were performing so well at the start of the season and we were optimistic but what with Bob's tinkering and blustering we've been slowly unraveling for weeks now. I think a better man would be getting more out of the players we currently have. I have the feeling that whoever we get in, however good they are, will also be subjected to this downward trend.

The net result of all this is a team that is a drudgery to watch. Attendances will start to drop and we really will be in a downward spiral.

I'm usually positive about the team but at the moment I don't feel good about us at all. And Bob's post match/pre match comments are getting so predictable. I don't blame RD because I think we are getting in players of a decent quality. I blame Bob because I don't think he has the experience.

I hope I'm wrong about this but that is my gut feeling now.
  • Etheridge is not a Championship standard keeper. Really need Henderson back

This. I cannot believe some fans have given him a mark of 5 or above on the other thread. Apart from catching shots from a distance that have gone straight to him, he has been awful. Terrible foot work, very indecisive, poor kicking, poor communication and absolutely no presence. Very worrying.
    Were you in the toilet when he made the one-on-one save two minutes into the second half? He deserved a mark for that alone.