Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Brighton - Post match views

Dazzler21 said:

Sick of this now. We are not playing poorly but can't score goals. The teams confidence is non-existant which is demoralising for the fans

Comments

• Are we bottom of the form table yet? Must be thereabouts.
  • Piss poor yet again, only positive was Watt looked good in his cameo
  • The squad now contains a few exceptional players however it has definitely got weaker since RM took over. We need to find some bottle again or we will be in a dog fight.
  • Two Bob Peeters. Get rid now to give someone who has a clue a chance.
  • fans expect their team to come out and give it a go at high tempo when playing at home.

• This was a good chance for us to stop the rot and we didn't. Better hope we get in at least four or five players with English league experience in this window. I'm coming close to losing faith in Bob
  • edited January 2015

I can't even be bothered to be bothered anymore.

Ditto

Highlight of the afternoon was the comedy timing of the half-season ticket adverts.
  • Charlton keep ruining my weekends lately.. Desperately need a couple midfielders Its depressing.
  • we sign a much needed striker and he doesn't start despite having trained with the squad for a while .. I am fast losing faith in Peeters' management
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

The squad now contains a few exceptional players however it has definitely got weaker since RM took over. We need to find some bottle again or we will be in a dog fight.

We are in one already. Buckle up for the relegation fight and hope we can find five wins from down the back of the settee somewhere.
  • I've lost all enthusiasm for charlton games at the moment. Really hate feeling like this but I honestly don't look forward to going to games
  • We've now got as many wins as losses on the year. We've been speculating on here about Bobs future and we've all had different views on it. But after today, let's all be real. His days have to be numbered. Do we all want it to happen? My guess is no. If we'd been mediocre all year then we wouldn't be having this conversation, but when form becomes this bad after a brilliant start, it's likely getting close to the end for Bob. Unless he makes a class signing in the next week, that could genuinely help us, I don't believe Bob will be with us much longer. Don't have much to say about the game as there's not a lot to say. We made some chances, but we just can't finish at the moment. We'll see what happens here in the near future
  • edited January 2015
    It appears Big Bad Bob doesn't know how to stop the rot.

What do we do next?

• 3 out of next 4 away and games I don't expect us to get much out of those with the way we're currently playing. Very worried
  • we need a ball winning centre mid desperately. Would like to see Oneweyu start there against Watford.
  • Might as well kiss 3 points goodbye next week against Watford unless we dramaticly turn it around.
  • vffvff
    edited January 2015
    Very disappointed at the defeat. Not sure where the next Charlton points are coming from. The 51 to 55 points needed for Championship safety seems a long way off.

Bob Peeters is showing some weaknesses as a coach but is effectively being hung out to dry but he did take the job, and must have known who he would be working under. Without additional quality, any head coach would struggle. Unless there is a change of coach, I don't see RD bringing in any further quality into the team.

RD's stubborn, thick headedness and refusal to change a flawed strategy regarding quality and depth of squad is threatening his investment and threatening to get Charlton relegated. It seems unthinkable that RD would be willing to lose his investment in such a way. Yet it is still happening.
  • They were rubbish but we were a little bit more rubbish
  • Tbh reckon we could have Alex Ferguson as our manager and still struggle
  • Sponsored links:

• we have no fight in us . the players seem too laid back. and possibly over wieght we loose every 50 50 ball and teams pass through us with ease..
    its time for a massive rethink by those in charge
  • se9addick said:

we need a ball winning centre mid desperately. Would like to see Oneweyu start there against Watford.

'm not sure about that.

Bring him on in the last 30 and throw him up front to give the oppo keeper and CBs something to worry about in the air.

He did a decent enough job there away at Leeds.

• Similar to the last post match review - absolute fucking trash.
  • Harket said:

Tbh reckon we could have Alex Ferguson as our manager and still struggle

Riga?
  • cfgs said:

The squad now contains a few exceptional players however it has definitely got weaker since RM took over. We need to find some bottle again or we will be in a dog fight.

We are in one already. Buckle up for the relegation fight and hope we can find five wins from down the back of the settee somewhere.
    Whilst we are doing what Blackpool did last season, as yet we aren't quite in amongst it but we will be if this continues.

• We had three midfielders through the whole of the second half.

Jackson and Moussa injured.
    Buyens and Harriott suspended.
    Bulot in Africa.

Things will get better but it's hard to see when at the moment.
  • Will Bob Peeters be gone before, or after Watford?
  • edited January 2015
    Peeters has got to go!!! We are getting worse!!!! If Lawrie Wilson ever plays like that sell him to yeovil!!
  • Last 12 games.

Sobering to look at Huddersfield, scored over twice as many goals us as in the last 12 when we've invested and they haven't really. CP negative and BP the man to bring us forward? Hmm.

Don't be a cock - it is what it is