Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Brighton - Post match views

Comments

• I guess I know how Millwall. Fans feel this last month.But have been thru this many times in the last 50 yrs so taking it in my stride.
  • Time to bite that bullet...

• Powell should have held on - he'd have been brilliant down here.
  • Until we get a creative central midfielder I can't see much changing.

Watt looks like he might do something. Gomez now has to play.

Never want to see Wilson in the first team again. Jackson was invisible in those first 45. Etheridge is soon going to drop a clanger and then his confidence will go with it.

Glad we didn't spend any money on Baldock and O' Grady although in O'Grady's case he is the style of CF we need to get in.

Thought Ethetidge dropped a clanger today. Came for cross and got nowhere near it. General kicking v poor too.
  • plenty of shots, a few on target and lots of corners .. BUT .. no yellow cards .. I am not advocating foul play or necessarily kicking lumps out of the opposition, however in a close fought game with both sides striving to win, an overzealous dig or two (from our chappies) wouldn't come amiss .. or am I being too picky here
  • Sponsored links:

• Like Sir Alex said one time "You have to work with what you got but you have to get
    110% from what you got to make up the difference if they don't want to give that then enjoy the bench".
  • Certainly did not deserve to lose but nor did they.
  • Rossman92 said:

Might as well kiss 3 points goodbye next week against Watford unless we dramaticly turn it around.

Watford went down 3-1 to hudds. They aren't invincible
    They don't need to be against us.
  • Boos from our fans reported - did this happen?

Mostly silence at full time. And a bit of clapping and booing
  • WSS said:

Simon Church was more effective than Vetokele today. Honestly.

Take your blinkers off people - we're not very good.

No partnerships being built, no understandings, no team spirit.

Oh Bob Peeters, Oh Bob Peeters, ain't got a clue dunno what to do, Oh Bob Peeters.

wasn't there but I reckon you're near the mark ... what's happened to the team which showed loads of spirit at (e.g.) Norwich .. it seems sooooo long ago
  • Think Bob's time is up or going to be very soon at least. Dont know if I want him to stay or go to be honest which sums up my feelings about the club at the moment. He doesnt know what hes doing with the team, and we in effect a leaderless ship now.

Today was poor and another gutless performance.

Watt looks sharp though.
  • Let's see where we are after the next 10 games.
  • Let's see where we are after the next 10 games.

Any predictions? .
  • Sponsored links:

• Before he went off Jackson was chasing shadows , I've never seen a player jump like George does focusing on a player and not the ball . Ben haim cousins and watt the only players to come out with any credit from today . Oh and church who actually looked like he cared and put himself about when he came on. Vetokele looks like he should be playing for ebbsfleet . Sort it out Roland or fuck off
  • Hard for me to judge the team. All I see is about 3mins of highlights on the web after each game every week.
  • Lov
    PL54 said:

Harket said:

Tbh reckon we could have Alex Ferguson as our manager and still struggle

Riga?
    end riga thought he had a great relationship with the players.Would of gave him a season contract at least
  • Bob confirms no more signings?

“At this moment we’re not talking about fund available (for new signings). We’re trying to get the team organised and winning again.”
  • On a positive note, my 15 yr old son travelled to the Valley today for the first time by train on his own from Stockport and made it without getting lost once. Not much of a positive but I cant see too many positives finding there way on to this this thread lol

Well if he has any sense about him he'll get himself lost next time
  • On a positive note, my 15 yr old son travelled to the Valley today for the first time by train on his own from Stockport and made it without getting lost once. Not much of a positive but I cant see too many positives finding there way on to this this thread lol

Well if he has any sense about him he'll get himself lost next time
    Haha lol
  • The alarm bells are certainly starting to ring now. Another lack lustre performance against a very average Brighton side and I for one am beginning to wonder where our next win is coming from. A promising debut from Tony watt one of the few highlights from a bad day let's hope he can provide the goals to arrest what is an iincreasingly worrying slide down the table.
  • I didn't think we were that bad.

Then again I don't think we were that good either.

Looked ok first half and Watt looks like he might offer something but we really lacked some spark.

Most of all we missed Igor.

Yes I know Igor was on the pitch but it's not the sharp player who controlled the ball first time, made things happen and scored goals.

If someone finds him can we have him back.

At this rate Huddersfield will be level with us on points.