Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Brighton - Post match views

Comments

• 1StevieG said:

mrbligh said:

Fuck Wilson off. Never has one man hid quite like he did today

Stealing a living

Don't think there is a word that exists in the English dictionary to sum up Wilson today. I bet Brighton could not believe their luck to find out they had an extra man playing for them. First touch was non existent, was second to anything that came near him, tackling was a joke and passing was embarrasing.
    I actually voted him as player of the season last year but he's been pretty rubbish this time round (Colchester aside) - what's happened ?
  • PL54 said:

Boos from our fans reported - did this happen?

I wasn't there but if it was bad then possibly / hopefully

No one has ever died of a boo*

* as far as I know
    You can say that, but when I was four my sister jumped out of a cupboard and I shat myself. Ok I didn't die, but the look on my mothers face suggested that I might.
  • se9addick said:

1StevieG said:

mrbligh said:

Stealing a living

Don't think there is a word that exists in the English dictionary to sum up Wilson today. I bet Brighton could not believe their luck to find out they had an extra man playing for them. First touch was non existent, was second to anything that came near him, tackling was a joke and passing was embarrasing.
    I actually voted him as player of the season last year but he's been pretty rubbish this time round (Colchester aside) - what's happened ?
    There were some reports saying Wilson was going to be loaned out a while back and I was keen to see Wilson stay. Right now he is not fit to wear the shirt.
  • se9addick said:

1StevieG said:

mrbligh said:

Stealing a living

He's always been awful.

it was just last season some people decided to equate effort alongside ability when it came to Wilson.

This season people are beginning to see the coward that has always been there
  • Poor today but we had more than enough chances to beat the worst brighton team I have seen for a long time. Think the criticism of BP is harsh.

The trouble is we started well, overachieving. We have injuries and due to having such a small squad are having to play half fit or out of form players - a recipe for disaster.

Team needs investment. End of. I do not believe we would doing any better under Powell or Riga.

Team needs our support now more than ever.
  • Bit bloody cold for that display, but poor squad has been found out in my book, but what the hell cu next week chaps.
  • 1StevieG said:

mrbligh said:

Stealing a living

....and they were just his good points...
    I feel for the lad because he used to be shite, then was alright but now, once again, he is shite. He really wants to do well, though so it must be tough for him.

Jackson also not at the races today but if he's not fit then no surprise.

Gomez is decent and good in the air so where was he for their goal?
    Personally, it looked a Keeper's ball to me and it was right in front of us.

Cousins, Solly played well. Ben Haim is simply class.

Was pleased with Watt - not afraid to run at a player - or three.

Highlight for me was Solly's shot which was so powerful and so straight it absolutely deserved a goal every day of the week.

We missed Buyens today and I think that was one reason JBG was not at his best.

The performance was summed up for me near the end of the first half when JBG received the ball just in the opposition half, looked for an option, somebody to move into the hole, somebody to drop - but got nothing and so turned, shrugged in disbelief that no support arrived and played it back to Wiggins.

• edited January 2015
    vinnie said:

Boos from our fans reported - did this happen?

Mostly silence at full time. And a bit of clapping and booing

Booing was on 30 minutes, due to lack of attacking play. We'd broken with players in the box but Wilson didn't cross, and got booed; passed back to Solly, who passed inside, and Solly got booed. Not one or two boo-ers but enough to get it catching and i was surprised it didn't tbh, then again i moved out of the NW corner 2nd half.

Used to boo on around 25 so maybe this section of the crowd is getting more tolerant!

• Sponsored links:

• mrbligh said:

se9addick said:

1StevieG said:

mrbligh said:

Stealing a living

He's always been awful.

it was just last season some people decided to equate effort alongside ability when it came to Wilson.

This season people are beginning to see the coward that has always been there
    What a load of shite. He has always been a good player from the moment we bought him. He's struggled this season, yes but to suggest he's always been awful is just outright wrong
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this one

Am definitely in the 'use to be shite, always been shite' camp

• cafc4life said:

I'm guessing the people digging cousins out on here are the same people who go down for a beer at 37 minutes and come back up on 53. Used as a scapegoat cos he's a kid when you got the likes of wilson and Jackson chasing shadows . Clueless

Does Cousins significantly improve his performances between the 37th and 53rd minutes ?
  • I haven't been a Charlton fan for long, so I don't really know what to expect, but the last few games have been rather demoralizing. What is the solution? New manager?
  • Cousins is the ONLY POSITIVE
  • mrbligh said:

Cousins is the ONLY POSITIVE

Solly ? Gomez ? Watt ?

Come on, it's not all doom and gloom !
  • Fair point. Solly Gomes watt and cousins are the ONLY POSITIVE
  • edited January 2015
    RichRed said:

I haven't been a Charlton fan for long, so I don't really know what to expect, but the last few games have been rather demoralizing. What is the solution? New manager?

Come on, you can make a decision Roly, for starters get the cheque book out again. :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• mrbligh said:

Fair point. Solly Gomes watt and cousins are the ONLY POSITIVE

That's more like it, see - things are looking better already !
  • RichRed said:

I haven't been a Charlton fan for long, so I don't really know what to expect, but the last few games have been rather demoralizing. What is the solution? New manager?

Don't do it to yourself, find another club!!

• edited January 2015
    se9addick said:

mrbligh said:

Fair point. Solly Gomes watt and cousins are the ONLY POSITIVE

That's more like it, see - things are looking better already !
    Minimum requirement playoffs with all these sexy footballers
  • edited January 2015
    mrbligh said:

There will be mutiny on The Bounty, Captain Bligh.

Why not endeavour to also give credit for decent performances from Solly, Gomez, TBH, Wiggins, Churchy and Watts?

• edited January 2015
    Nightmare fecking train journeys there and back interspersed with 90 minutes of watching two poor teams struggling for any confidence, fluidity or energy it seems. Didn't deserve to lose but equally didn't do enough to win it and we never looked like scoring two once we went behind to a keeping howler. Probably reading too much into it but depressingly Watt looked like one of the few of ours who seemed to have any urgency about him.

• I also think we are missing Jacko. I still think he is still feeling his injury.

Sorry but I think Jacko has been missing all season
    Even more so since coming back from injury.
  • If people think Cousins played well it just goes to show how low expectations have got. He was poor.
  • Oggy Red said:

mrbligh said:

There will be mutiny on The Bounty, Captain Bligh.

Why not endeavour to also give credit for decent performances from Solly, Gomez, TBH, Wiggins, Churchy and Watts?

Our ship has sailed
  • RichRed said:

What does your spreadsheet say?

(Jokes)