Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Brighton - Post match views

Comments

• se9addick said:

1StevieG said:

mrbligh said:

Fuck Wilson off. Never has one man hid quite like he did today

Stealing a living

Don't think there is a word that exists in the English dictionary to sum up Wilson today. I bet Brighton could not believe their luck to find out they had an extra man playing for them. First touch was non existent, was second to anything that came near him, tackling was a joke and passing was embarrasing.
    I actually voted him as player of the season last year but he's been pretty rubbish this time round (Colchester aside) - what's happened ?
    Nothing happened. He's always been shite
  • Davo55 said:

mrbligh said:

se9addick said:

1StevieG said:

mrbligh said:

Stealing a living

Don't think there is a word that exists in the English dictionary to sum up Wilson today. I bet Brighton could not believe their luck to find out they had an extra man playing for them. First touch was non existent, was second to anything that came near him, tackling was a joke and passing was embarrasing.
    I actually voted him as player of the season last year but he's been pretty rubbish this time round (Colchester aside) - what's happened ?
    He's always been awful.

it was just last season some people decided to equate effort alongside ability when it came to Wilson.

This season people are beginning to see the coward that has always been there
    Out of order mate. He aint a coward but just a rather limited player who gets 20% better when he is playing with confidence and 50% worse when bereft of confidence.
    understand where you're coming from but anyone whose loses 50% when the chips are down is a coward in my eyes.

that is the time to get your balls out and give it an extra 50%

• Fail with effort rather than hide
  • (Not sure if others noted Ben Haim giving Wilson real stick in the 2nd half - OK maybe it was deserved but it can hardly improve team morale).

I personally think there should be more of this. If someone isn't pulling their weight they need to be told.
  • Oakster said:

Last 12 games.

Sobering to look at Huddersfield, scored over twice as many goals us as in the last 12 when we've invested and they haven't really. CP negative and BP the man to bring us forward? Hmm.

Says it all for me really.
    Sorry but I have a hunch that the Terriers wage bill is higher than CAFC - our problem is a complete lack of cover for our starting XI back in August. We went into decline when Hendo was injured and Pope and Etheridge are nowhere close to his standard.
  • Thing is, as much as I am questioning whether BP is the right man - I am also certain we'll end up with some clown from 'The Network.' We need someone with championship experience. Not some poxy European with nothing. Same with the players. We need some sh*t and grit. Someone to go around and do the dirty work. To fly a few crunching tackles about.
    Felt sorry for TBH today. He was superb. Not knocking Solly Gomez Cousins or Watt but TBH was class.

Wilson. Haha. How is he a professional.
  • first half was shit from both teams---we were the better team in the 2nd half although very disorganised.

Churchy did well --at least knew where he should be and where the passes should go

Igor on the wing ?

Watt tried very hard ---almost to hard and ended up in jured

never easy following CAFC all over the joint at the mo
  • Sponsored links:

• JonnyK said:

Oakster said:

Last 12 games.

Sobering to look at Huddersfield, scored over twice as many goals us as in the last 12 when we've invested and they haven't really. CP negative and BP the man to bring us forward? Hmm.

Sorry but I have a hunch that the Terriers wage bill is higher than CAFC - our problem is a complete lack of cover for our starting XI back in August. We went into decline when Hendo was injured and Pope and Etheridge are nowhere close to his standard.
    Dean Hoyle is minted
  • Thing is, as much as I am questioning whether BP is the right man - I am also certain we'll end up with some clown from 'The Network.' We need someone with championship experience. Not some poxy European with nothing. Same with the players. We need some sh*t and grit. Someone to go around and do the dirty work. To fly a few crunching tackles about.
    Felt sorry for TBH today. He was superb. Not knocking Solly Gomez Cousins or Watt but TBH was class.

Wilson. Haha. How is he a professional.

Opening paragraph is 100% correct.
  • JonnyK said:

Oakster said:

Last 12 games.

Dean Hoyle is minted
    RD is minted

• WSS said:

You will if they finish 21st and we finish 22nd

Fuck off Glenn , this Powell love in is gettin on my tits
    Yeah, as boring as the Powell hating/gloating when Hudds lost a couple early on.
    I didn't gloat couldn't care less what he does at Huddersfield win lose or draw he's gone wish people would move on.
  • 1StevieG said:

(Not sure if others noted Ben Haim giving Wilson real stick in the 2nd half - OK maybe it was deserved but it can hardly improve team morale).

I personally think there should be more of this. If someone isn't pulling their weight they need to be told.
    Especially if this was after JJ had been subbed....Who was captain in the 2nd half ?

• Nothing to add, other than to say yet again how good Solly is. Since promotion he still stands out as one of the best on the pitch and, but for his knees, would no doubt have long gone otherwise.
  • 1StevieG said:

(Not sure if others noted Ben Haim giving Wilson real stick in the 2nd half - OK maybe it was deserved but it can hardly improve team morale).

Especially if this was after JJ had been subbed....Who was captain in the 2nd half ?

Solly has usually taken the armband when JJ has not been playing.
  • se9addick said:

we need a ball winning centre mid desperately. Would like to see Oneweyu start there against Watford.

...or Gomez? The boy can play and I think he'd relish a midfield role. I'd like to see Onyewu replace Bikey at the back.

• se9addick said:

we need a ball winning centre mid desperately. Would like to see Oneweyu start there against Watford.

...or Gomez? The boy can play and I think he'd relish a midfield role. I'd like to see Onyewu replace Bikey at the back.

Yep, that could work - I'm just slightly cautious about playing youngsters out of position.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1StevieG said:

Solly has usually taken the armband when JJ has not been playing.
    That's what I thought but believe Ben Haim 's comments might have more clout than Chris' IYKWIM.

• cfgs said:

cfgs said:

The squad now contains a few exceptional players however it has definitely got weaker since RM took over. We need to find some bottle again or we will be in a dog fight.

We are in one already. Buckle up for the relegation fight and hope we can find five wins from down the back of the settee somewhere.
    Whilst we are doing what Blackpool did last season, as yet we aren't quite in amongst it but we will be if this continues.

And just like last season it's avoidable.
  • we sign a much needed striker and he doesn't start despite having trained with the squad for a while .. I am fast losing faith in Peeters' management

Yeah but we did have Tucudean and Church? They've been banging goals in all season
  • braydex said:

we sign a much needed striker and he doesn't start despite having trained with the squad for a while .. I am fast losing faith in Peeters' management

Yeah but we did have Tucudean and Church? They've been banging goals in all season
    Bob implied in his programme notes that Tony is not fully match fit.
  • se9addick said:

1StevieG said:

mrbligh said:

Stealing a living

Nothing happened. He's always been shite
    So when Solly only played 10 games last season, who do you think stepped in and was a good up and down RB.

I call it as i see it, i gave lawrie the lowest marks i've ever given today. he was that bad.

But last season he was fine.

• Uboat said:

If people think Cousins played well it just goes to show how low expectations have got. He was poor.

He didn't create much but was very busy and I felt he made a difference.
    Not a stand out performance but noticeable.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yep, that could work - I'm just slightly cautious about playing youngsters out of position.
    Know what you mean but I was wondering if that could actually be his long-term position, as an anchorman almost? Failing that, Solly could be our Phillip Lahm!
  • sholland said:

Wilson narrowly lost player of the year award last season to Poyet, the stick he is getting is more than a tad unfair. His performances this season especially today have been well under par but some players need to play week in week out to perform at their best.

He has had 2 games in a row to show what he can do and blown it. Last week he was average. This week it was embarrasing to watch a professional football player do nothing right. Deserves the stick when he plays like that and getting paid thousands for it.