Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Brighton - Post match views

Comments

• Last 12 games.

Sobering to look at Huddersfield, scored over twice as many goals us as in the last 12 when we've invested and they haven't really. CP negative and BP the man to bring us forward? Hmm.

Says it all for me really.
  • We had three midfielders through the whole of the second half.

Jackson and Moussa injured.
    Buyens and Harriott suspended.
    Bulot in Africa.

Things will get better but it's hard to see when at the moment.

Which brings us back to the adequacy of a too thin squad.

• How poor was Wilson today. Two positives, Watt looked lively and Gomez is different class. Etheridge, oh dear. Missed Buyens but CM is too pedestrian anyway. Getting worried now. I can't see Bob lasting this week. He's had problems but I still think we are under performing. Can't see where the next win is coming from.
  • edited January 2015
    I'm not enjoying going to charlton anymore and Peeters style of football is almost unwatchable. I can't see where our next goal is coming from let alone our next win.
    Utter dross
  • No urgency until it's too late. Someone please explain to me why we did all our players back to defend a corner, when Brighton had 5 players in our box.

Why, when we get a freekick around the halfway line, we pass it either sideways or backwards?

Watt looked good, how long before we bring him down to our level?

Why can't an official see a shirt being pulled, when our corners are coming in?
  • Wish they had the same system in the league as the Nfl. Fire all the crap managers all in one day after new years.
  • Boos from our fans reported - did this happen?
  • Oggy Red said:

We had three midfielders through the whole of the second half.

Jackson and Moussa injured.
    Buyens and Harriott suspended.
    Bulot in Africa.

Things will get better but it's hard to see when at the moment.

Which brings us back to the adequacy of a too thin squad.

And if you want to class Wilson as a right back, that makes two available midfielders in the squad with first team experience.

Buyens and Harriott will be available again next weekend. Praying Jacko's injury isn't too bad.
  • People saying Peeters out surely can't be serious?

At full time, yeah.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015

People saying Peeters out surely can't be serious?

Seen it happen for less, haven't we?
  • People saying Peeters out surely can't be serious?

He's testing my patience bro.

I wasn't there but if it was bad then possibly / hopefully

No one has ever died of a boo*

* as far as I know
  • Until we get a creative central midfielder I can't see much changing.

Watt looks like he might do something. Gomez now has to play.

Never want to see Wilson in the first team again. Jackson was invisible in those first 45. Etheridge is soon going to drop a clanger and then his confidence will go with it.

Glad we didn't spend any money on Baldock and O' Grady although in O'Grady's case he is the style of CF we need to get in.

• PL54 said:

Last 12 games.

Sobering to look at Huddersfield, scored over twice as many goals us as in the last 12 when we've invested and they haven't really. CP negative and BP the man to bring us forward? Hmm.

Don't be a cock - it is what it is
    No need for that
  • Bob is currently in a race with Holloway as who is be be sacked first.
  • Wish I still lived in London so I could go to the local, engage in some banter / abuse, have couple of pints and forget about it.
  • Also do they actually work on defending set pieces. How many more sodding goals do we have to concede from dead balls before he realised the zonal shit doesn't work. Sorry but I've lost faith in him
  • Might as well kiss 3 points goodbye next week against Watford unless we dramaticly turn it around.

Watford went down 3-1 to hudds. They aren't invincible
  • Are we still top of the league for conceding corners? Hasn't been so bad the last couple.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Last 12 games.

No need for that
    He got sacked whilst at the bottom of the league. It's been a shit storm since but why constantly refer ro him and his new team's results - apples and pears.
  • Given up with Bob now. Very poor.

Will be in a relegation fight and with no goals in us we are in desperate trouble.
  • Peeters has got to go!!! We are getting worse!!!! If Lawrie Wilson ever plays like that sell him to yeovil!!

I was thinking Ebbsfleet United
  • Rossman92 said:

Might as well kiss 3 points goodbye next week against Watford unless we dramaticly turn it around.

Watford went down 3-1 to hudds. They aren't invincible
    Well here's hoping.
  • Oggy Red said:

se9addick said:

we need a ball winning centre mid desperately. Would like to see Oneweyu start there against Watford.

'm not sure about that.

Bring him on in the last 30 and throw him up front to give the oppo keeper and CBs something to worry about in the air.

He did a decent enough job there away at Leeds.

If we don't start winning the ball in the middle of the pitch we'll be 3-0 down by then mate !
  • Tedious, predictable crap.
  • Poor again no tempo .
  • Wish I still lived in London so I could go to the local, engage in some banter / abuse, have couple of pints and forget about it.

Same as. Last time I was back I spent the evening drinking in Greenwich. Simply wonderfull. As for today, Jose Riga inherited a rubbish squad, and used guile to turn the situation round. BP, in my opinión, has no guile, and like CP before him, is now flapping helplessly like a beached fish, with no idea or ability to get back in the wáter.
    RD needs to look hard at the situation here, and ask himself if his current football ideas are really improving his investment.
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Last 12 games.

No need for that
    He got sacked whilst at the bottom of the league. It's been a shit storm since but why constantly refer ro him and his new team's results - apples and pears.
    One of, if not the, first times I've referred to his new teams results, think you've got the wrong person. People dished it out against CP and his tactics but can't take it when stuff isn't going as smoothly as we thought it would without him. After the honeymoon period ended it's been painfully dull. I want to see positives from a manager, he runs the team, I am hearing just excuses from BP.

We are looking to have the lowest average attendance this season home & away in the Championship we've had for a long while, and understandably, the whole set up on and off the pitch is losing fans quick as some of us had envisaged in pre-season.