Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*(NOT ENTIRELY false) RUMOUR* Bob Peeters sacked, Guy Luzon coming in.

Comments

• Options
    Big_Bob said:

If i had a pound for every time someone says that, I'd buy the club off Roly

It's been said 7 times? You will get change from that bud
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Norwich manager Neil Adams resigned and he is 7th in the league at present.........
    Must be something in the air today.......!
  • Options

Norwich manager Neil Manager resigned and he is 7th in the league at present.........

Fortunate name for a man of that occupation
    Sorry Neil Adams....... must be my excitement......
  • Options

Big_Bob said:

It's been said 7 times? You will get change from that bud
    hahaha indeed i will lad
  • Options

Apologies to Stig for using his graph without permission.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25601476@N05/15808079609

Neck and neck with Powell's first season but still ahead of the Powell/Riga season

'You can prove anything with facts'
  • Options

Norwich manager Neil Adams resigned and he is 7th in the league at present.........

Second or third favourites to go up at the start of the season and squad quality wise should have been even shorter than that, no surprises there - fans aren't huge fans of him either
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

You were superb when you were on with Al Murray (can't be arsed to see if that's been said before)

• Options

@BelgoFoot: No noise in Belgium about possible replacement of Bob Peeters by Guy Luzon. File under 'rumour corner'. #cafc

It's not even a rumour. Someone just made it up, just like they made up the reverse one in October about Peeters going to Standard.
  • Options

@BelgoFoot: No noise in Belgium about possible replacement of Bob Peeters by Guy Luzon. File under 'rumour corner'. #cafc

It's not even a rumour. Someone just made it up, just like they made up the reverse one in October about Peeters going to Standard.
    exactly Prague
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrLargo said:

Riga - 16 games, averaged 1.5 points a game.
    Peeters averaged 1.56 points a game from his first 16 games (arguably against tougher opposition).

I've got nothing against Riga, but some on here seem to think we've missed out on the next Matt Busby. There's a lot of people on here who are far too quick to draw conclusions (good or bad) about our players and coaches.

Key on the word 'first' 16.. how about last 16? Riga didn't have the beauty of a full pre-season with the lads, or a lovely pitch to play his floor football
    Not saying you're wrong, I'm saying 16 games isn't sufficient to make a valid judgement. Riga might not have had a full season, but he also didn't have to put together a team almost from scratch like Peeters did.

I wasn't particularly trying to defend Peeters who criticise Riga, it was more a general point about the speed with which people make decisions these days.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Riga - 16 games, averaged 1.5 points a game.
    Peeters averaged 1.56 points a game from his first 16 games (arguably against tougher opposition).

I've got nothing against Riga, but some on here seem to think we've missed out on the next Matt Busby. There's a lot of people on here who are far too quick to draw conclusions (good or bad) about our players and coaches.

Key on the word 'first' 16.. how about last 16? Riga didn't have the beauty of a full pre-season with the lads, or a lovely pitch to play his floor football
    Not saying you're wrong, I'm saying 16 games isn't sufficient to make a valid judgement. Riga might not have had a full season, but he also didn't have to put together a team almost from scratch like Peeters did.

I wasn't particularly trying to defend Peeters who criticise Riga, it was more a general point about the speed with which people make decisions these days.
    Football has become very much trigger happy on the managers when over 50% of the cases are more to do with the player's/rest of the behind the scenes staff, the manager can only do so much.

I'd have loved to give Riga more time as I would have Powell (that wasn't a results based action however, so irrelevant to this topic), and I'd give Peeters a bit more time too, but he needs a strong squad to work with, and I really think he is flapping about a fair amount of late, he clearly had no plan B or no confidence in his other tactics once worked out which is a poor sign.

I think it's addictive to swap managers, as hey, it's a hell of a lot easier than a fresh batch of players..
  • Options
    i dont see why roland would sack a guy from one of his clubs then two months later put him in charge of another.He wouldnt of been sacked if hed been any good.The whole rumour is a load of bull.
  • Options
    In some ways if your playing a good passing team it may of helped when the pitch was narrow and muddy!
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

i dont see why roland would sack a guy from one of his clubs then two months later put him in charge of another.He wouldnt of been sacked if hed been any good.The whole rumour is a load of bull.

Fans wanted Guy Luzon out of SL, and he'd be playing a dangerous game to mess with that lot again - but to get a protest out of us Charlton fans you'd need to close the Valley and move us to Bermondsey..
  • Options

I heard a rumour going round that Yann Kermorgant was a legend :wink:
  • Options

se9addick said:

Those saying "we're doing better than last season" and "you've got short memories" etc are missing the point.

Yes we are doing better than last season, but we're only halfway through this campaign and despite a decent start, our decline is alarming and if it continues, this season will end as bad, if not worse than the last one.

Do I think Bob should lose his job? No, he deserves more time. But if you asked me if I think he's doing a decent job of it, then the answer would also be no...............

So even though we are doing better than last season means he's not doing a good job?

Its a slump in form. The beginning of the season has offset this slump.

Ive got faith in BP to sort it out, starting against Brighton.
    I'm sorry but "form" - in footballing terms is normally measured over a few games - we've won once in about 12 games, that's a quarter of a season. Dress it up how you want but that is far more concerning than just a "slump in form" and the reason for this dramatic decline may not all be Bob's fault, but he has to take at least some of the blame.
    and the 'slump' has seen more draws than losses. During that time we got beat convincingly by two in form sides. I agree Bob does have to take some of the blame, for example his tactics against Blackpool at home, but this club has had worse times in its very recent history. Id say he's doing an okay job. I just feel some people are giving up on him far too quickly.
    The 'slump' is just as much about clear goal scoring chances being missed, as it is about Peeters juggling with an injury hit squad without sufficient resources.

And surely you can't blame Peeters for players missing an open goal or a 1-on-1 with the keeper?

• Options
    Looks like a load of bollocks to me.

I don't think Bob has done/is doing a very good job so far. As I have said elsewhere, although the squad is too light on numbers, thin on quality and has too many un-ready kids in it, there is (or should be) still enough there for us to be performing better than we are. I lay that failure at Bob's door. But I do feel he should be given more time and some new recruits to get it right - another change of head coach at this time would be too risky.

And by the way, it's nice to be able to be relatively dispassionate about it. When Chris Powell was manager I was torn between despair at our performances and results and my total respect and admiration for the man. When he went, it was like seeing your brother get the shove from the club you both love. I said "never again; I want to feel free to criticise the manager if i feel it is justified, without feeling bad about it". That's where I am now - Bob needs to improve, a lot, and fast. But that doesn't mean it's right to ditch him at this stage.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The rumour mill in Belgium says the rumour mill in England thinks either Luzon or Riga will get the job, or Luzon has already got it. It's not clear whether the Englsih rumour mill is CL or ITTV. At least this is on a pseudo-journalistic site:

"In England, the rumor mill is running at full speed. Many reports say that Bob Peeters will be sacked at Charlton, but yet there is still no official confirmation.

Other reports claim that the next game will be the crunch match for the coach of Charlton Athletic. They started very well in the competition, but in recent weeks the machine has sputtered and Peeters is now possibly in line for the sack.

Currently, no one wants to confirm the rumors and so we must wait. Here and there, the name of José Riga appears as a possible successor at Charlton, but Guy Luzon's name has also resurfaced. Some English sources suggest [Luzon] has already taken over the helm.
    "

voetbalnieuws.be/news/160303/Geruchtenmolen_op_volle_toeren:_Luzon_of_Riga_in,_Peeters_out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Ooooh the Hokey Cokey !
  • Options
    I would prefer a manager called Winon to Luzon.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I heard a rumour going round that Yann Kermorgant was a legend :wink:
    That's no rumour my friend. That's fact.

• Options

This , fecking crazy this forum at times, i like it though
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I find this quote worrying taken from kentonline-:

In an interview BP has said: “At this moment the only player we are going to sign is Watt and we are still looking but the transfer window is very long. You need approval of the chairman as well, if he doesn't want to bring players in you need to cope with that as a manager.”

So only Watt at the moment and now waiting for RD to agree we need others, I for one am not holding out much hope.
  • Options

Just had a text to say Big Bob has left the building!

• Options

In an interview BP has said: “At this moment the only player we are going to sign is Watt and we are still looking but the transfer window is very long. You need approval of the chairman as well, if he doesn't want to bring players in you need to cope with that as a manager.”

So only Watt at the moment and now waiting for RD to agree we need others, I for one am not holding out much hope.

That's the most worrying thing I've heard so far
  • Options
    Addickted said:

You mean we will soon have our 4th manager in less than 10 months?

• Options
    edited January 2015
    @defke is saying Peeters has gone. He's one of our Belgian posters isn't he?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/59492/standard-liege-page-12-rumours-of-new-bid#latest
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Seriously?