Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*(NOT ENTIRELY false) RUMOUR* Bob Peeters sacked, Guy Luzon coming in.

Comments

• se9addick said:

If we lose to Brighton I think time will be up for Bob either way

Utter, utter rubbish.

If anything happens we deserve to be the laughing stock of the football world.
    For sacking a manager that's won once in about three months ?

I completely agree that it may be a slightly rash decision and I'm not sure if I would make it, but I'm not sure we'd "be the laughing stock of the football world" if we fired a manager with that record, many more managers will be sacked with similar records.
  • Well I've just put a tenner on him to be the next championship manager to be sacked just in case it is true. At 40/1 with Bet Victor it was too good not too!

2/1 now - second favourite (behind Pearce) to get the chop. Shows how many people were getting on it at 40/1 to push those odds down so much.

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/english/championship/next-manager-to-leave-post
  • Melrose said:

Agree with BigRedEvil, much prefer Riga back than Luzon. Don't think big Bob has done too bad a job, BUT is clearly lacking when it comes to tactical nous etc. He is now tinkering and playing players out of position and it's getting shambolic.
    I know it's being wise after the event, but I have never liked/rated managers who used to play up front, as players. Strikers rarely seem to have the all-round awaresness of defenders or midfielders.
    In Bob's defence, we all know he has a paper thin squad to work with

The two most successfull British managers of the modern era - Alex Ferguson and Kenny Dalglish - were both strikers!
  • The last thing we need at the moment is to sack Bob. A few new quality additions and we will be looking at the play off's rarther than relegation and I feel that this is what Roland will give us. Dont understand the negativity of some on here towards the owner. He has invested money the club (not just the pitch) is in a much better state than n
    it was before he took over. The network system may not be ideal but I think his overiding aim is to try and run within FFP and you cannot blame him for that. Keep the faith fellow lifers and have a Happy New Year.
  • I'm not keen on Bob but it would be harsh without giving him the transfer window. That said, that is why it is also a good time to bring a new man in if a change is needed. If Bob has to go then I want Riga back.

I wanted Riga to stay, I think we all did, but I doubt if he'd come back on another short-term contract after having his ass kicked once already by Roly.

• Peeters isn't exacly covering himself in glory, but deserves to remain in the job for this transfer window, and then until the end of the season at the very least.

A change now and I'd have even more of a question mark over Roly and his travelling circus.
  • I'm guessing this is still unsubstantiated?
  • I'm guessing this is still unsubstantiated?

It's on the internet. What more do you want?
    Henners you of all people WIIOTOS. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• What is Jose Riga up to these days just out of interest?
  • What is Jose Riga up to these days just out of interest?

Running our academy after Paul Hart went to Man City.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • Stop it Henry, or i'll run out of LOLS.
  • edited January 2015

Melrose said:

Agree with BigRedEvil, much prefer Riga back than Luzon. Don't think big Bob has done too bad a job, BUT is clearly lacking when it comes to tactical nous etc. He is now tinkering and playing players out of position and it's getting shambolic.
    I know it's being wise after the event, but I have never liked/rated managers who used to play up front, as players. Strikers rarely seem to have the all-round awaresness of defenders or midfielders.
    In Bob's defence, we all know he has a paper thin squad to work with

The two most successfull British managers of the modern era - Alex Ferguson and Kenny Dalglish - were both strikers!
    Cloughie wasn't bad in front of goal either. And Aragonés, he didn't have a bad career as a player. Or Mark Hughes. Oh and Klinsmann. And Hitzfeld...

Could go on really but the point is that, imo anyway, you can't judge whether a player is going to be a decent manager based on their playing position. Unless they are a goalie* in which case they are almost certain to be shocking... :-)

(*Zoff being the exception of course)
  • Would have been announced by now surely?
  • Not a huge fan of Peeters but RD needs to spend his dosh on providing Bob with a bit more ammunition rather than wasting it all on paying for a new gun.
  • Sponsored links:

• People have some how completely forgotten the position we were in last season. This season is an incredible improvement in so many ways. Much of it down to Bob. If i told you we'd be 13th and 9 points off the play offs at this point back at the beginning of the season, you would've bitten my hand off.

Go support Chelsea if you expect the club to win every single game.

I'll take the bate. How has anyone forgotten about last season, I've noticed Powell and Riga names about 20 posts in this thread.

Please can you name some incredible improvements we have made. I would argue most players who were here from last season have gotten worse.

If I said to you we would be 8 points above the relegation zone at the start of the season after 24 matches played. Coming up against the team in 20th with only 1 win in 12, would you be happy.

No one wants to win every game, how about winning one match in a while. If your happy with losing every week go and support Blackpool.

Until then start playing players in there natural position Bob.

• I think its clear we have made improvements since last year and I don't think many people are saying otherwise, I think most can see that something has changed and is not quite right and are therefore worried.
  • People have some how completely forgotten the position we were in last season. This season is an incredible improvement in so many ways. Much of it down to Bob. If i told you we'd be 13th and 9 points off the play offs at this point back at the beginning of the season, you would've bitten my hand off.

I'll take the bate. How has anyone forgotten about last season, I've noticed Powell and Riga names about 20 posts in this thread.

Please can you name some incredible improvements we have made. I would argue most players who were here from last season have gotten worse.

If I said to you we would be 8 points above the relegation zone at the start of the season after 24 matches played. Coming up against the team in 20th with only 1 win in 12, would you be happy.

No one wants to win every game, how about winning one match in a while. If your happy with losing every week go and support Blackpool.

i'd love that compared to being rock bottom with games in hand as we were last season.

if you really genuinely can't see any improvements from last season then, frankly, you may as well be at stamford bridge. We do win every "once in a while" but, shock horror for a mid table team, we've experienced a slump in form after being unbeaten for the first 12 or however many games it was and people were saying we were the dark horses for automatic promotion and the playoffs.

Chop and change the manager, I'm awaiting the long list of clubs that have been successful through using that tactic.
  • I do think and have always said Riga should of had a season to show us what he's got.

i'd love that compared to being rock bottom with games in hand as we were last season.

if you really genuinely can't see any improvements from last season then, frankly, you may as well be at stamford bridge. We do win every "once in a while" but, shock horror for a mid table team, we've experienced a slump in form after being unbeaten for the first 12 or however many games it was and people were saying we were the dark horses for automatic promotion and the playoffs.

Chop and change the manager, I'm awaiting the long list of clubs that have been successful through using that tactic.
    Ironically, Chelsea
    really long list there
  • If this is true - and much as I doubt it, I wouldn't put anything past Uncle Roland - then I seriously think that anyone who continues to support RD and his wretched network "theory" is one sandwich short of a picnic.

And if you'd told me we'd be 13th and 9 points off the play offs ten games ago I'd have bitten your ear off !