Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

new catering

Comments

• Options

There's a difference between cross-contamination and some tongs that have touched cooked meat also touching some bloody Quorn. That's not going to kill anybody.

no it's not. but it is cross contamination and believe it or not, you can get a hefty fine for something so trivial, not worth the risk
  • Options
    (i was a high end events chef for 8 years)
  • Options

There's a difference between cross-contamination and some tongs that have touched cooked meat also touching some bloody Quorn. That's not going to kill anybody.

Did those same tongs touch the raw meat?
  • Options

I queued all through half time to reach the front of the queue and find the only option was a veggie pie. As I hadn't had any dinner dinner I had to have it.

You mean you missed The nights Batman episode too?

Dinner dinner dinner dinner. Batman.

• Options

Proper pisses me off though. I'm vegetarian because I abhor the slaughter of millions of animals every year and the conditions that they have to endure in their heartbreakingly short lives. I choose not to consume meat which includes the residue of any meat products so it does irk me when people fail to show a bit of consideration or respect of my lifestyle choice. Plus, it's worth considering the environmental impact of the meat industry, where land is decimated to make way for grazing land. If anyone is serious about gaining an understanding as to why myself, Seth and other CL veggies have made the decision to go meat-free then please watch the documentary 'Earthlings' narrated by Joaquin Pheonix. Anyway, that's all from me on this subject.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Did those same tongs touch the raw meat?
    For arguments sake, let's say no but @mrbligh has cleared it up now anyway.

• Options

Proper pisses me off though. I'm vegetarian because I abhor the slaughter of millions of animals every year and the conditions that they have to endure in their heartbreakingly short lives. I choose not to consume meat which includes the residue of any meat products so it does irk me when people fail to show a bit of consideration or respect of my lifestyle choice. Plus, it's worth considering the environmental impact of the meat industry, where land is decimated to make way for grazing land. If anyone is serious about gaining an understanding as to why myself, Seth and other CL veggies have made the decision to go meat-free then please watch the documentary 'Earthlings' narrated by Joaquin Pheonix. Anyway, that's all from me on this subject.

I presume you don't wear leather either or eat fish ?
  • Options
    You presume right shine166. Yep, even my shoes are from manmade materials. I'm not just playing at this veggie lark.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014

You presume right shine166. Yep, even my shoes are from manmade materials. I'm not just playing at this veggie lark.

Same as.

Also, Fosters isn't veggie either
  • Options

No offence, just thought it was funny.

Ho. Ho. Ho.

(none taken btw ;-) )
  • Options

Same as.

Also, Fosters isn't veggie either
    It's not beer either
    True dat
  • Options
    edited August 2014

1) Unless you're growing the vegetables yourself then you're also involved in the slaughter of animals as plenty of animals are killed each year via crop production (animals getting killed by farm machinely, birds eating things contaminated with pesticides, pesticides getting washed into rivers and killing aquatic life etc.).

2) Plenty of other cooked meat/veg cross-contamination happens both in the factory and in the kitchen. Airbourne microbes, utensils and surfaces not properly washed, pre-prepared food being made in an environment that handles both meat and veg. It's inconsistent to be disgusted by the act of a pair of tongs touching both a breaded jalapeno and a breaded chicken burger and ignore the rest of it. You can clearly see before you queue up that both meat & vegetarian items are being prepared, cooked and served in the same environment. There are loads of people with allergies and other health-related complaints (gluten for example) who understand that a bog-standard football stadium kiosk doesn't have the capacity to cater to their specific dietary requirements. Surely going 2 hours without eating isn't the worst thing in the world. I have friends to follow halal who don't complain that some places aren't halal, they just don't eat there like sensible people. I'm not insulting your lifestyle choice, I just can't understand why some vegetarians are so fussy about overt meat/veg touching and stay wilfully ignorant over the stuff they can't see or choose to ignore. unless they're doing it out of sheer convenience.
  • Options
    Veggie and very very happy to continue taking a range of delicious homemade soups and home made bread in the very cold weather. G&T's at other times;-) No complaints from us :-)
  • Options

Veggie and very very happy to continue taking a range of delicious homemade soups and home made bread in the very cold weather. G&T's at other times;-) No complaints from us :-)

Please bring some soup for me :)
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Please bring some soup for me :)
    No probs, for Tartan brigade only, early orders accepted, bring your own Parmigiano :-) Leek and Potato, Butternut with Orange and Ginger, Minestrone or OMG (have I Really Got All this Stuff Lurking in the Fridge).
  • Options
    That tong tong tong tong tong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014

Sorry for being ignorant but why the hell does someone touching a veggie burger with tongs that have touched meat matter?

From my understanding there are two types of veggie, those that don't actually like meat, and those that don't like people killing animals. Both of which dont actually matter if tongs touch some meat. I mean, I don't like onions....I don't complain if the tongs serving my burger have touched onions. Maybe I'm not just a fussy so and so.

Again, I'm probably being ignorant, but can someone please explain.

Gosh, I didn't realise quite how offensive being a vegetarian can be to some people.

'why the hell'

For the record it was Callum who asked about the vegetarian option before I posted, just as curb it asked about it on the Sunday fun day food thread. I didn't start it guv...honest.
    As for the tongs, I simply wouldn't want meat fat on the jalapeno bites because I don't want to eat meat or fish.

As for leather, no I don't use it either.

http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Sorry for being ignorant but why the hell does someone touching a veggie burger with tongs that have touched meat matter?

From my understanding there are two types of veggie, those that don't actually like meat, and those that don't like people killing animals. Both of which dont actually matter if tongs touch some meat. I mean, I don't like onions....I don't complain if the tongs serving my burger have touched onions. Maybe I'm not just a fussy so and so.

Again, I'm probably being ignorant, but can someone please explain.

Gosh, I didn't realise quite how offensive being a vegetarian can be to some people.

'why the hell'

For the record it was Calum who asked about the vegetarian option before I posted, just as curb it asked about it on the Sunday fun day food thread. I didn't start it guv...honest.
    As for the tongs, I simply wouldn't want meat fat on the jalapeno bites because I don't want to eat meat or fish.

As for leather, no I don't use it either.

http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/
    Banter
  • Options

There's a man whose every word I'd hang on and believe...

Not.
  • Options
    Did you know Joaquin Phoenix's real name is Joaquin Bottom...

*Snigger*
  • Options
    Great debate ..............and only the first game .
  • Options

Very nice. Though I don't know if I'd rather wear them or eat them.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    As worn by Stan Cauli-more?
  • Options
    I'd prefer a nice pair of Swede Brogues. ;)
  • Options

I'd eat them if they were stuffed with mince

How the hell did this get 2 LOLs? Some people are easily pleased :-(