Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

new catering

167891012»

Comments

• Options

shine166 said:

Halix said:

Bit annoyed bought a "Steak Pie" as advertised, sat down and realised after the first bite it was "Peppered" Steak pie, i.e. it this makes it rather significantly different from the notice board (I wouldn't have bought if I had known).
    I couldn't be arsed to battle back through the hoards, but they should be more careful with their descriptions when they don't include a significant ingredient, its a bit like advertising a vegetable pie and not mentioning the meat.

Not really, pepper is seasoning... When is the last time amyone seasoned a salad with meat ?
    Not sure how much meat they contain but what about those "Bacon" pieces you get at the Salad Bar in Pizza Hut?

Never been in there, I prefer my chemicals up my nose.. Not in my food
  • Options

LenGlover said:

I might be missing something fundamental but it looked to me at the Derby game as if the real ale bar was the ground side of the East Stand turnstiles. How does that work if you sit in the Covered end say?

You can't get out and get in again can you?

It's because you get a better class of person in the East stand!
    Probably more space in the East stand concourse area, as the North stand doesn't have much outside space.
    That is the main thing that keeps me going back to the east stand rather than the other stands. Having that outside area. It's much more claustrophobic in the other stands.

I wish they would put steps up to the grass at the top and stick a few tables and chairs up their with the odd umbrella. Make it an area you can smoke in as well.
    Cheerleaders ?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Chorizo ?
    Couscous?
    Greek Salad?

SOMEONE STOP THIS MADNESS !!!

But no milk in the East stand!
    I queued for the whole of half time at the Burger Bar in the East, having leapt from my seat like a (Mike) Salmon on the whistle. Got back to my seat just as the whistle for the second half went, and the cheeseburger was pretty poor fare. Pity the bloke behind me in the queue who only queued for a cup of tea and then discovered the milk shortage as he got to the counter. Don't think he'll be back in a hurry. Definitely not in a hurry.

Didn't help they only had 2 tills, with about 200 people standing around behind the scenes doing stuff of no more value than an FA commission report.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    With all this moaning they'd do better to scrap all food sales and use the space for badge and sticker swaps.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Bit annoyed bought a "Steak Pie" as advertised, sat down and realised after the first bite it was "Peppered" Steak pie, i.e. it this makes it rather significantly different from the notice board (I wouldn't have bought if I had known).
    I couldn't be arsed to battle back through the hoards, but they should be more careful with their descriptions when they don't include a significant ingredient, its a bit like advertising a vegetable pie and not mentioning the meat.

One of the weirdest complaints about football ground catering I've ever seen.

Also pepper/herbs on a steak is slightly different than meat in a vegetable pie.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I had peppered steak pie on Saturday; very good but the service was dreadful. Staff at East Stand kiosk were inexperienced and there was no propper supervision. While I was waiting for my pie to be put in a box by someone "out back" the guy at the till was doing absolutely nothing and the Q was growing.
    At the same time I overheard a fan in Q next to me asking for a burger with pulled pork to be told it would be 20 mins for the pulled pork; this was just 25 mins before K.O!
    The Ludlow Gold was good and the balti pie I had at the Derby game excellent but with poor staffing and a lack of clear signage showing who is selling what, there is a very real need for the so called professional who have taken charge of the catering to urgently sort things out. Verdict, encouraged but still far from happy!
  • Options
    Granpa said:

I went to the Burger Bar in the Upper north. Eight staff failing to to give the required attention to half a dozen fans. Massive need for staff training, our old situation was miles better.

The owner of the pulled pork/chicken/beef etc in Harvey Gardens in front of the East Stand turnstiles has served us every time and with him serving is a labour of love. Transfer your custom m8 :-))
  • Options
    Trying the curry tomorrow. Expecting decent grub for £25 a head
  • Options
    Well I had a chorizo pie with Greek salad and cous cous for a fiver, and at half time a pint of very decent ale.

The pie and salad stall was doing decent biz 15 mins before kick off.

Best food I've bought at a footie ground in my life.

You don't know what you are missing, @AFKABartram :-)
  • Options
    The speed and standard of service at the pie kiosk in North upper tonight was the worst it's ever been. That takes some doing!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The rotisserie chicken stall behind the west wasn't open when we went past just before seven o'clock. Must have given up the ghost. Went to the chippy up charlton church lane instead.
  • Options
    I just wish the decent beer would make it's way round to the North.
  • Options
    The pie and mash was great, we chose the Steak and Guiness pie, and my brother had his liquor and loved it all. I just had it plain and have to say it was good, though couldn't eat it all, but no problem as my brother was more than happy for seconds.
  • Options
    Simon E said:

I just wish the decent beer would make it's way round to the North.

Ditto West Upper. Service much better last night - had someone ask me if I wanted the pie & pint deal even though they freely admitted it was their first day in the job
  • Options
    I don't usually bother with food from the outlets at football grounds, however my son has had different varieties of the meat / pastry slices served outside the East Stand and liked them all.
    The craft beer stall is a great idea though. Ludlow Gold last Saturday and a Hobsons ale last night; both excellent.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Jaddick said:

Halix said:

One of the weirdest complaints about football ground catering I've ever seen.

Also pepper/herbs on a steak is slightly different than meat in a vegetable pie.
    I don't see what is weird about it. Peppered steak has a very different taste to "steak". It's not steak with a bit of pepper on it, as some seem to think. It's like saying chicken is the same as piri piri chicken. If you don't get what is advertised you have every right to complain IMHO. It's not the same as meat in a veggie pie, but I think Halix was trying to inject a bit of humour into the post.