Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

new catering

Comments

• Options

I'd eat them if they were stuffed with mince

How the hell did this get 2 LOLs? Some people are easily pleased :-(
    Well, I do think that Joaquin Bottom is funny, so the clues are there...
  • Options

There a local delicacy in Bermondsey.
  • Options
    For anyone that does not or does not agree with the use of Halal , i have had a response from the company only took 15 days to get back to me

Dear XXXXX

Thank yo for your enquiry, we cater for a wide variety of dietary needs and there are always a number of options available to suit most requirements. Our events and menus are diverse and continuously changing. We both advise our customers of options and also from time to time cater for specific requests such as Halal.

We do not buy Halal beef. All lamb that Delaware North is buying is accredited Red Tractor so is produced to a higher welfare standard. All of the UK Chicken that Delaware North is buying is Red Tractor accredited, meaning that birds are treated and killed in accordance with higher welfare standards.

Chicken is the only Halal meat we will use at Charlton. All of our suppliers birds are stunned before slaughtering. This operation is obligatory for an EU approved slaughterhouse. our supplier is implementing the stunning in compliance with EU Council Regulation 1099/2009 on the Protection of Animals at the time of Killing.

Kind regards

Simon

For me still not exceptable but each to there own, i wont buy anything Chicken related at the Valley.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    "All of our suppliers birds are stunned before slaughtering."

I read that completely wrong, though I admit the "ing" and the "ed" seem the wrong way around for how I read it!

Regardless my own bird is stunning before she gets slaughtered!
  • Options
    Meats I have eaten:

beef
    pork
    lamb
    chicken
    turkey
    duck
    goose
    rabbit
    kangaroo
    horse
    pheasant
    pigeon
    ostrich
    plus potentially cat/dog/human from various curry and kebab houses I have frequented.

• Options
    Must say Kangeroo is quite nice
  • Options

For anyone that does not or does not agree with the use of Halal , i have had a response from the company only took 15 days to get back to me

Dear XXXXX

Thank yo for your enquiry, we cater for a wide variety of dietary needs and there are always a number of options available to suit most requirements. Our events and menus are diverse and continuously changing. We both advise our customers of options and also from time to time cater for specific requests such as Halal.

We do not buy Halal beef. All lamb that Delaware North is buying is accredited Red Tractor so is produced to a higher welfare standard. All of the UK Chicken that Delaware North is buying is Red Tractor accredited, meaning that birds are treated and killed in accordance with higher welfare standards.

Chicken is the only Halal meat we will use at Charlton. All of our suppliers birds are stunned before slaughtering. This operation is obligatory for an EU approved slaughterhouse. our supplier is implementing the stunning in compliance with EU Council Regulation 1099/2009 on the Protection of Animals at the time of Killing.

Kind regards

Simon

For me still not exceptable but each to there own, i wont buy anything Chicken related at the Valley.

People still banging on about the halal thing ? Have you seen how animals are treated in the average abattoir ?

• Options
    Meats I have eaten:
    Chicken
    Beef
    Pork
    Turkey
    Lamb
    Duck
    Goose
    Horse
    Pigeon

I think this bit applies to us all:
    plus potentially cat/dog/human from various curry and kebab houses I have frequented. Even Veggie Curry eaters

• Options
    Let's play spot the vegan!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry AuN... i just loled that one too! Sozz
  • Options

You do realise that stunning the chickens means that it doesn't feel anything when the halal ritual takes place? It's been the norm in every single EU country that animals must be stunned before slaughter.

Or is it just the word halal that worries you?

Stunned does not guarantee they don’t feel it

Some European Countries have banned it the British association of vets and the RSPCA want it banned maybe the word Halal just worries them as well and not the practice i can see that NOT

• Options
    shine166 said:

You do realise that stunning the chickens means that it doesn't feel anything when the halal ritual takes place? It's been the norm in every single EU country that animals must be stunned before slaughter.

Or is it just the word halal that worries you?

I heard its a gateway to evil. One minute it's halal meat, then you are reading the Koran and wearing exploding jackets
    To be honest i really dont giving a flying F&&k about relgion, even if it was a Christian, Buddist, Seikh, Hindu practice i would be against it, more to live than just that.

just my view on things i thought i would share if anyone who may agree with it, and if they dont so be it.

• Options
    My understanding of hen and cockerel stunning is that a belt is able to scoop them up by their necks, and then they are 'stunned' by dipping them in electrified water, which also helps with losing the feathers. Might have it a bit wrong.

A whole plucked featherless British whole 'chicken' from Sainsbury's is currently £4.50. It is packaged and displayed, transported and prepared, with costs involved including producer costs and supermarket mark up. I don't see much room for spending money on making sure the death of the creature is decent and painless. Factory systems can often go wrong, with half stunned creatures and the like. The creature is slaughtered in more or less just as nasty a way as halal, and I suspect that applies to other creatures too.

Love you all

Po faced Seth.

• Options
    I guess they do tickle some animals to submission with a metal rod in the face, that's definitely the way I'd like to go.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I guess they do tickle some animals to submission with a metal rod in the face, that's definitely the way I'd like to go.

That scene in Monty Python's The meaning of Life is how I'd like to go...
  • Options
    Delaware Red Tractor ..................Take the most-eaten meat: chicken. At Red Tractor farms, you can cram 38kg of chickens into a square metre, against 39kg by law – the equivalent to about 20 chickens per square metre. The RSPCA's Freedom Foods and Soil Association organic schemes allow more space, respectively 30 and 21 to 30kg a square metre. Red Tractor allows the use of fast-growing chickens, such as the Ross 308, whose bodies swell too large for their legs, leaving some barely able to waddle.

Pigs on Red Tractor farms can be kept on fully slated concrete floors, when the best material is straw. And unlike RSPCA and organic rules, farmers can cut off their tails without anaesthetic, in order to prevent them nibbling each other, which could damage the cargo.

Now that's animal welfare for you, after a shitty painful life, they kill you nicely.
  • Options
    Non-freaks are gonna eat them anyway, I have a sneaking feeling that the animals may have bigger fish to fry then being stunned before they peg out.
    Anyway it all tastes lovely, humans are engineered to be omnivores, so no point in worrying about it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

Non-freaks are gonna eat them anyway, I have a sneaking feeling that the animals may have bigger fish to fry then being stunned before they peg out.
    Anyway it all tastes lovely, humans are engineered to be omnivores, so no point in worrying about it!

This is the main thing for me. Im sorry, but when theres food involved I've not got much sympathy.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Great no need to worry about then why have Halal in teh first place ????
  • Options

Greenie said:

Great no need to worry about then why have Halal in teh first place ????
    Indeed, I couldn't care less.
  • Options
    Can we stop all this and just get back to naughty jokes about sausages?
  • Options
    In the interest of fairness I only eat Israeli Halal meat.
  • Options
    To what extent is the 'lovely taste' caused by additives?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

To what extent is the 'lovely taste' caused by additives?

No idea Seth, couldn't care less.
  • Options
    Greenie, if the taste is only caused by the additives you could have the additives on bread, or as a dip or something.
  • Options

How the hell did this get 2 LOLs? Some people are easily pleased :-(
    Because most on this forum aren't po faced vegans who appear to have had a sense of humour bypass.

My mistake for not knowing the emoticon for 'tongue-in-cheek'. Well done for deducing someones character by judging one post though. It must be a gift ( ;-) )
  • Options
    'Non-freak' Greenie? Whatever are you suggesting about veggies mate? ;-)