Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

new catering

Comments

• Options

Peppered steak pie in the NU was superb!!!

I had one of them too. Not cheap but pretty tasty!
  • Options

Peppered steak pie in the NU was superb!!!

I had one of them too. Not cheap but pretty tasty!
    This...
  • Options

Real ale and Cider behind the East Stand, anyone try it?

Yes, I got to sample both ale and cider. They let me have a taster before I bought at half time.
    Cider a bit to sweet for me, I like em very dry.
    Ale was a west country pale ale. Not bad a bit flowery for me but nonetheless very drinkable. The guy on the bar told me there will be a different one on next game, a more of a bitter.
    Why would anyone drink Forsters with that on sale, absolute cack.

Also had a mushroom and tomato parcel in filo pasty from the stall outside the east stand. At last veggie food that is edible and is not cheese and onion.

The pulled meat stall on the concourse looked like it was doing a good trade, really nice to see food at a football match.
  • Options
    Tuesday will be interesting, as presumably more people will be after food, so a better test of the ability to handle volumes
  • Options
    tried the East Street burger with Pork in the North Upper, fully prepared to walk the length of the concourse and back to try it, a little overpriced at £4.20 think it was but very good quality none the less
  • Options
    Can't understand the "pricey" comments if you look at what you pay at any decent quality food outlets at outside events or train stations. More realistic to say they don't compete to sell cheap low quality food that you can get outside the ground.

First time I've been past Floyd Road chippy at 2 o'clock and seen it empty.
  • Options
    Another thumbs up for the peppered steak pie.
  • Options
    Beef and pepper pie from the stall outside east stand was lovely and very friendly guy selling them too.
  • Options
    Very empty in the Lower west at half time
  • Options
    I grabbed myself a chorizo Mediterranean flatbread with salad from the stand just outside the east stand entrance. Very nice & made a nice change from Dried up steak slice of last season.

I also grabbed a pint from the little wooden shack just inside, selling real ale. Got to say, I was very let down by the beer. I enjoy a good pint, but that certainly wasn't one. £3:90 is a bit OTT, but expect prices to be higher inside the ground, but the beer itself came out a f**cking box, about as fizzy as apple juice. I'm not wanting real ale to be gassy (like john smith crap), but really can't understand why the ale wasn't in a cask. I certainly won't be buying another one.............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes, was selling quite well, ale served from a polypin, Wye valley HPA
    Ooh, nice pint that, although not especially local to SE7.
  • Options
    The food looked interesting too. Even selling salad, wtf, outside the East Stand entrance. Inside the pork in a bun looked very nice but pricey.
  • Options

Never tried it before today, but I'd hope it tastes better from a barrel............................
  • Options
    West stand food was dreadful, truly dreadful.
  • Options

Never tried it before today, but I'd hope it tastes better from a barrel............................
    It would do, but polypins are a lot better than nothing
  • Options

The food looked interesting too. Even selling salad, wtf, outside the East Stand entrance. Inside the pork in a bun looked very nice but pricey.

I don't mind spending the money if the foods quality
  • Options

I grabbed myself a chorizo Mediterranean flatbread with salad from the stand just outside the east stand entrance. Very nice & made a nice change from Dried up steak slice of last season.

Wait I thought another poster was joking. Can we actually purchase this product at the Valley? We've gone very prawn sandwich.
  • Options
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that the two main food trucks in the West Stand car park and behind the North were not there today. Always seemed to be doing a great trade.
  • Options
    I would think that the burger van opposite the club shop is going to see it's trade steadily increase as the season goes on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The girl who served me took my money and then came back and said they had just put some more on and to come back in 10 mins.,she gave me her name and took my name. I went back in 10 mins. only to find the outlet closed and locked.

^ You sure you weren't in Amsterdam?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I would think that the burger van opposite the club shop is going to see it's trade steadily increase as the season goes on.

I think it will work better for everyone. People that usually avoid football food will start buying in the ground and those who think it is now overpriced will shop outside.. The chippy on Floyd road may have to up its game though
  • Options
    The chicken Balti pie was a winner!

*FWIW I have no idea if the chicken was stunned first*
  • Options
    Burger and the tray of chips...a lot better than before..would not risk the Pork..did anyone try this?
  • Options
    Food is definetly better quality, especially that peppered steak pie! Beer is still poor in the lower North. The first pint I sampled tasted like it still had the washing up liquid in it from the pipe cleaner. But fair play to the staff who didn't question it, and gave me a replacement that was drinkable. Still an issue trying to get a beer at half time, unless you're willing to miss the last 5 minutes of the first half though.

Also what was with that stall outside the east entrance? Lovely stuff, but felt like I was in Greenwich market when I saw it. Bit of an upgrade from the burger van that used to be there.
  • Options

The girl who served me took my money and then came back and said they had just put some more on and to come back in 10 mins.,she gave me her name and took my name. I went back in 10 mins. only to find the outlet closed and locked.

^ You sure you weren't in Amsterdam?
    Brilliant
  • Options

I went to order my grandson a hotdog (upper west) just before the end of the half-time interval. The girl who served me took my money and then came back and said they had just put some more on and to come back in 10 mins.,she gave me her name and took my name. I went back in 10 mins. only to find the outlet closed and locked. Luckily there was a helpful steward outside who knocked on the door and I got my money back. Memo to self take a sandwich in future.

Can't believe you fell for the old, "I'll look after your money guv, just pop back later & it'll all be ready " :-)
  • Options
    Papa johns buy one get one free stall... In your dreams Dave. Will settle for a nice chicken balti pie Tuesday.
  • Options
    who likes their pork pulled?