Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

new catering

Comments

• Options
    Seemed fair value for a footy stadium, which is about twice the price of the takeaway places outside. No surprise I never eat in footy stadiums.
  • Options
    Commented on the post match views thread before I noticed this one. Tried to buy a pie. Gave up after standing in a relatively short queue for twenty minutes while the staff f####d about with a till and trying to pour pints. Allowing for first night nerves I may try again on Saturday but I don't think my regular fish and chip shop should feel in any danger.

Posh chicken rotisserie thingy in the car park where the old shyte fish and chip van used to be looked and smelled delicious but was doing no trade at all. Hardly surprising at £6.50 for a quarter chicken.
  • Options
    Tried the chicken balti pie - better than Ginsters style, with good flavour if a little dry. Had it with chips which were very good size and shape. Just enough crisp to the bite. Did have to ask for salt and cutlery which should be out. I wager that tonight was used as a dress rehearsal for the league games where there will be many more people. Great to see more effort being put into the food (veggie not withstanding). But was extremely disappointed that John Smiths and Fosters still being the only beers. Where was the good stuff I heard rumoured to be in the offering???
  • Options
    RedMist said:

seth plum said:

what did it taste like seth ?

Bollocks to that, the wanakers ain't having my money, blimmin wanakers.
    Take your own sandwiches, I would!
    Yeah, can he have wafer thin ham?
    No, he's a vegetarian.
    Barbara, Barbara, can he have wafer thin ham? *nanna Royle ;O)
    Glad someone got it!!
  • Options
    Had pie mash and gravy west lower g block. Great pie shite service was fuming! Must try harder!

• Options
    Pulled pork roll very good. They were serving Kronenborg and Amstel in Bartrams so unsure why this isn't available on the concourses
  • Options
    Did look like a lot of the kit that DNC would use hasn't been installed
  • Options

RedMist said:

seth plum said:

No, he's a vegetarian.
    Glad someone got it!!
    Got what? I still don't get it.
  • Options

RedMist said:

seth plum said:

No, he's a vegetarian.
    Glad someone got it!!
    It is a line from 'the royal family'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedMist said:

seth plum said:

No, he's a vegetarian.
    Glad someone got it!!
    http://youtu.be/kdXayLlOs10
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Pulled pork roll very good. They were serving Kronenborg and Amstel in Bartrams so unsure why this isn't available on the concourses

Except when they run out if gas and we're only serving overpriced bottles. Not impressed. Should have had another pint in The Pilot.
  • Options
    I had a £3.50 chicken balti pie, which I recommend. Nice crisp and sturdy casing (as opposed to soggy and falling apart) and plenty of chicken (more than you usually get in a pie).
    I saw the "mash machine", which looked like a coffee dispenser, with a tap to pour/serve. Strange.
  • Options
    Pies all sold out at 7:15 after queuing for 15 minutes. Had hot dog instead. Bread all broke apart and my sausage fell out. Not happy.
  • Options

Can we some pics of the fish n chips and pies
    Possibly marks out of 10?

I actually had the fish and chips for my dinner last night !

Was ok, chips were still abut football groundy (but they weren't fries) and the fish was smaller than you'd get in a fish and chip shop, but it tasted decent.

The beers exactly the same as before though so £3.90 a pint feels like a liberty.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

A lot of very fussy eaters. I wonder how many people here complaining about not being able to stuff their faces for 90 minutes with high quality vegetarian, gluten free, coeliac, organic, pampered, oxygen fed, humanely killed, responsibly sourced food are the same people that complain about the smoking...

Anywhere where kids are smoking shouldn't be, end of.

It's not about wanting exquisite food, it's about expecting that for the prices they charge to get a little value for money or at least something edible that don't taste like the cardboard cut out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

would have eaten a scabby horse of it was given to me.

There's a special topping for that:

• Options
    SX_Addick said:

Pies all sold out at 7:15 after queuing for 15 minutes. Had hot dog instead. Bread all broke apart and my sausage fell out. Not happy.

Exactly this mate!
  • Options
    Mate bought us two fosters at the same time, one looked like an ale and the other like a fizzy orange squash.

Got a couple of replacements which were ok.
  • Options
    I was in the Millennium Lounge last night and it was pretty poor all round. The place needed a revamp, no doubt about that, but there's hardly anywhere for people to sit now and the club seem to be trying to make it look like some trendy / w***ky bar instead. Not ideal, when trying to eat some of the new food options. I say 'options' but it's really a a toss between a Balti pie and mash (Curry and mash potato - really Charlton?) or a salt beef roll (which was quite nice, but has nothing on the roast beef that's usually on offer). All food is served in a crap, cardboard box with plastic cutlery. People pay good money up there and you're expected to eat your food as if you were at a festival. Not good enough. There are no chips. The chips they regularly sold out of last season as well as the amazing beef and gammon rolls, which are no more. People up there were not happy at all with this. I do wonder if there was any sort of fan feedback / customer survey or staff consultation before they made these changes.

There have been a few staffing changes and there doesn't seem to have been any form of training for them. They didn't know the price of a pint and had to go away and check - turns out, it's gone up by 50p from last season to £4.00. I was waiting far too long for both pints. The Murphy's was off by 7pm. Pretty poor for the first home game of a season. The choice of beer is now Murphys, Fosters or John Smiths and I think the cub has missed a real opportunity to shake things up here and ditch the Fosters or add some decent ale or lagers, some Belgian imports would be especially welcome!

The tea at half time was also a bit of a joke - get your tea on one table, move to another for your milk, and then onto another for a spoon. Just really, basic organisation that someone has cocked up.

That place will be a lot busier on Saturday and I can see it being a total disaster all round if last night's problems aren't addressed.

From speaking to staff last night (none of whom seem happy with the changes), it appears that the changes were instigated by Mr Bradshaw before his departure. Maybe Airman could shed some light on that one.
  • Options
    I had a long awaited Balti pie. It was decent, not to Huddersfield or Bristol City standard but not too far away. Lager was the usual meek, tasteless crap.

I did try getting an ‘East Street Burger’ at halftime but they’d run out of pulled pork. £7 seems a lot for a pie and a pint but we were spoilt with the £5 offer.
  • Options
    Nothing will beat North Ferriby United's award winning Steak Pies. The best pie I've ever had, even trumping Delia's pie at Carrow Road.
  • Options
    Millennium lounge is the cheapest it has been for a long time, even cross bars is more expensive now ! Not trying to justify the food standards, just shocked when I saw the pricing structures recently
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

A lot of very fussy eaters. I wonder how many people here complaining about not being able to stuff their faces for 90 minutes with high quality vegetarian, gluten free, coeliac, organic, pampered, oxygen fed, humanely killed, responsibly sourced food are the same people that complain about the smoking...

I bet the carnivores would get a bit fussy if they were offered 'breast of rat in a blanket', I mean a lot of them got well fussy about eating horses.
    Vegetarian is not about being fussy, it is a fundamental.
  • Options
    Am i being divvy, but was there nowhere in the West Lower to get a burger? Just pies, hot dog and some random fancy salt beef roll thing.