Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I still doubt he's gone. If he has though, after the World Cup I'm sure RD would get a decent fee.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Not sure selling the Iranian after we've signed an Israeli would be a wise move for CAFC. What with the modern day twitter and other media speculation and over reaction to everything it will probably end up being seen by others that we are taking sides and wouldn't be good press. We will probably end up having to have full body searches before entering the valley due to an increased security risk.

Better not, how am I gonna sneak my scrumpy in?!?
    Like this....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7VcgZQvlAs
    The roll and melon ideas worked for me.!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

Not commenting on the rights & wrongs of it but IF he has family in Iran, I doubt it would be feasible for him to play for a club that has an Israeli on its books following the news from Gaza.

Sorry, didn't realise Ben Haim was personally launching missiles from Sparrows Lane.
    No need to apologise. Instead just use some of your obvious cognitive abilities to work out how some of the more extreme factions in Iran might view the issue. (Hint: some of Reza's Iranian fans were not too impressed about Ben Haim's signing.)
    And ask yourself whether you'd want family members living in Iran in such circumstances. Let us know what you conclude.
    I conclude that the Iranian public are rather more sophisticated than that.
  • Options
    In my opinion the view of Reza G was that he liked a dive, but he then scores a great goal at Leeds.

Back to then diving a bit then has a moderately successful World Cup.

I would not lose any sleep if the fella was to leave, particularly if we make a few quid out of it.

I do not believe the b******* of the political link with Haim.
  • Options
    Didn't Liege have an Israeli coach when he was there? Luzon?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Didn't Liege have an Israeli coach when he was there? Luzon?

He barely played under him and then left...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Taxi_Lad said:

He's scored a winner against L*** Utd, at Bellend Road. Whatever happens with him, for that, he will always be legend in my eyes.

And mine.....considering that was one of my 7 game accy that won me nearly ten grand
    Move on!
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Reza has left the club....... Will be confirmed this week

And you know this how?
    He doesn't but Colin is one of Reams weird congregation so i wouldn't take any notice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @NewsShopperSprt: Sounds like Reza's transfer to an unknown Middle Eastern club has fallen through and he will be back at #cafc tomorrow
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

@NewsShopperSprt: Sounds like Reza's transfer to an unknown Middle Eastern club has fallen through and he will be back at #cafc tomorrow

Richard Cawley just tweeted the same
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 2m
    Bob Peeters due to speak to Reza tomorrow to see if committed to #cafc or wants to go.
  • Options
    I bet Reza is made up about this, and when he turns up tomorrow he will point that out.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 52s
    Bob Peeters confirmed in the post-match press conference that @gh_reza is due back tomorrow and they will talk about his future. #cafc
  • Options
    I've always been his biggest defender on here but if he don't wanna be here then we need to sell him sharpish.

Can't be having footballers that don't wanna play for this club.
  • Options
    Weird to see the club have acknowledged it... Putting him back in the shop window perhaps?

I'd love to know what went wrong..
  • Options
    So nothing to see really then

Reza was only ever due back at Charlton tomorrow and quite possibly rejected the move to the Middle East cos he wants to continue playing in England
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've always been his biggest defender on here but if he don't wanna be here then we need to sell him sharpish.

Can't be having footballers that don't wanna play for this club.

Question is, him already wanting to leave (I posted about that months ago - from a very very close source to the club) is a sign he doesn't want to play for this club. If he carries on playing for us and states he does want to play for us, does that mean he really does? Bit of a Wayne Rooney situation tbh. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. His heart wasn't in this move from the start..
  • Options
    You never know, Reza may have a change of heart with a new manager.

Playing him in his actual position would be a start.
  • Options
    I'd like Reza to stay but we'll never get as good a price for him than after a successful world cup.
  • Options
    He may change his mind if is still here start of season and we get off to a good start.
  • Options
    If he's not interested , get rid. Simple
  • Options
    whats all this people seem certain he dont wanna play for us, when has he said that or did I miss it
  • Options
    What will we do without our world beater?
  • Options
    For Bob and Reza to meet and talk about his future is clearly a good idea. Mind you, formally Reza has a much longer contract at Charlton Athletic than Bob, so I wonder who will be talking to who about what.
  • Options

If he's not interested , get rid. Simple

'The Iranian World Cup star looked set to complete the switch after asking to leave, a suggestion the Addicks board accepted.'