Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza?

Comments

• Options
    Not seen any media report to support these claims.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    Uboat said:

People here adding 2+2 and getting 5. After World Cup he gets 4 weeks off. He was probably the best forward from sides that didn't progress to knock-outs. But not sure how he fits into a 4-3-3 that Bob seems to want.

Maybe I'm whooooshing here, but given a choice, you'd take Reza ahead of Rooney and Sturridge?
    No but he had a more impressive World Cup.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

you cant throw out the lower level comment.

People here adding 2+2 and getting 5. After World Cup he gets 4 weeks off. He was probably the best forward from sides that didn't progress to knock-outs. But not sure how he fits into a 4-3-3 that Bob seems to want.

He wasnt the best forward for Iran !!!
    As they played 4-5-1 he was the only forward apart from a few cameos from the young sub!
  • Options
    Timmsi said:

you wont do as most of the things people post on here are bollox.

The kid went straight from ending a season in may to going to the WC finals - he is now on a break (3 weeks) I'd I bet you any money that he will join up with the squad next week.
  • Options
    braydex said:

well I guess we better just wait to see and hear if he's still at the club then? Think it's strange he's not been mentioned since though? Also - is he actually a Charlton player. He did sign didn't he? He wasn't on loan? So if he did get sold to a club who were willing to pay a couple of million for him after his WC performance, we would get the money right? Not Standard.....or any one else....?

Where did you see this rumour and what did it say?
  • Options
    Of course he is on an extended break after the World Cup.

However, the geezer was toilet for us last season and quite frankly would not be bothered if he was sold.

• Options

Timmsi said:

you wont do as most of the things people post on here are bollox.

The kid went straight from ending a season in may to going to the WC finals - he is now on a break (3 weeks) I'd I bet you any money that he will join up with the squad next week.
    "KID"???!!! He is 27 in September. Whatever else he is or isn't 'kid' he most surely ain't:-) Personally I'm not convinced that he has it. Not strong or quick enough and his first touch usually requires a second. Goes to ground as often as Waggy used to do - and that is not a compliment.
  • Options
    I am genuinely amazed at how much ability people seem to think Reza has.

I thought he was completely average for us last season but, given that he was in a new league playing out of position and never really had a settled run in the team, I can forgive that. What I struggle with is the diving around he did at every opportunity and, unless he eradicates that from his game, he can stay in Iran because I don't want that at Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Haven't read all through this thread can't be bothered but he lives in the flat underneath my mate on court road eltham and was there today so hasn't left the area
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Haven't read all through this thread can't be bothered but he lives in the flat underneath my mate on court road eltham and was there today so hasn't left the area

wowee, celeb sighting, i'm impressed! ...and being a long distance fan, the differing views on rez are fascinating...
  • Options
    Dr Kish says he joined the squad in Spain earlier this week.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201407&date=20140719&time=0811
  • Options
    Would Riga really want Reza?
  • Options
    Let's see what happens!
  • Options
    Agree with some of the comments on here about him holding back for the World Cup. When he joined he had no real affiliation with the club, he would have known that all he needed was some games to stay fit to be in the Iran squad so didn't want to get injured.

He was one of the players that when he was given a decent pass into his feet he did something with it. I noticed at the wc that he didn't go to ground as easily as he seemed to at charlton - maybe he didn't want to get kicked around pre wc so went down early? Or maybe it was a case of him being used to different refereeing levels in his earlier career.

He is a player though that has good close ball control when running with it and is not afraid to take a shot. He *could* be a very exciting player for us. A combination of Reza, Igor, Harriott, tucudean, gudmanson (sp) and potentially bareback (sp) in a fluid, interchangeable, front three could be a great attack to watch next year.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I reckon he'll join up with the Squad on Monday when they're back in the country... Having played at the World Cup he'd already have been a few weeks behind and watching the videos from the players in Spain it was a tough training week, one where Reza would possibly have struggled in seeing he's not started Pre-Season yet.

Whenever they're back at Sparrows Lane... Reza can then ease himself back into the team training (Wouldnt surprise me if he did some individual work at first... Could even have been doing that this week)

In all... Nothing to see here, move along

Edit: i.e. Manchester United players who got out of the Group stages wont be joining up with the team going to America just yet so probably will be this week when Reza returns

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-louis-van-gaal-7454267
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

See, lives in Eltham, home of Gods and gate way to Kent, why would he want to leave to go anywhere else ?
  • Options
    There are some photos on the CAFC website.

I'm fairly sure no 11 is Reza...
  • Options
    edited July 2014

There are some photos on the CAFC website.

I'm fairly sure no 11 is Reza...

Its not. That's Dimitar Mitov.

Encouraging that 13 appears to be Moussa doing some exercise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

smiffyboy said:

See, lives in Eltham, home of Gods and gate way to Kent, why would he want to leave to go anywhere else ?
    You make a point of saying Eltham is the gateway to Kent. Surely anyone who could would want to go to Kent then!! ;-)
  • Options
    Like the lad think he has potential but can't see him getting a game though?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

you cant see a World Cup goalscorer getting a game at Charlton
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2014
    TelMc32 said:

vff said:

smiffyboy said:

You make a point of saying Eltham is the gateway to Kent. Surely anyone who could would want to go to Kent then!! ;-)
    Not so sure about that, @TelMc32. It is a great place to visit to get some farm fresh veg, meat and PYO strawberries or your pub lunch but to actually live there ? Not a place where you actually want to spend extended amounts of time. Have you actually been there, seen the place, TelMC32 ? ;-)
  • Options

you cant see a World Cup goalscorer getting a game at Charlton
    1 goal, a tap in, which is 1 more than church admittedly but that's not saying much-like to see him get a chance but lets not get carried away.
  • Options
    Wasn't overly impressed with what I saw last season, but as others have stated, he came to a new country, into a really competitive league, playing for a team lacking any confidence and sitting bottom of the table, not to mention constantly played out of his natural position. Thought the guy had a pretty decent WC. Always looked lively and made sure the defenders were kept on their toes. So despite he only scored a tap-in, even if he'd scored 4-5 30 yarders, I'll base my judgement on how things pan out for him this coming season.............................
  • Options
    I think his curling effort v Leeds was just a bit more than a tap in
  • Options
    Just needs to settle in I hope he ain't gone
  • Options

Just needs to settle in I hope he ain't gone

Move on.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with Eltham, used to live there, except......no decent little back street boozers