Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza?

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn't be too bothered if he left. Can't believe people are saying he had good ball control? His first touch is poor and so was his passing.

Definitely got something about him but he hasn't shown it for charlton and I don't think he will
  • Options
    Would be a squad player this season so if he goes and goes for a bit of cash we can use that and reinvest in someone else. Would like him here as it would be good for both us and him to have success in this league but he's certainly not a key player and I cant see that we'd miss him if we picked up, say, Baldock.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    We also still seem to be sniffing around Bahebeck. It seems clear we are after another striker.

Imagine Vetokele, Bahebeck, Tucadean, Anash

Reza (and Piggot + Church) would probably not get a look in.
  • Options
    He's probably too old for the Peeters boys.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Considering the shite we've had play upfront for us over the last few seasons, i can't believe I'm reading the words 'bloody awful'

No, I stand by it. I really thought he was a complete joke. Not as bad as Pawel Abbot, but that's as far as my praise can go.
    Church
    Akpo Sodje
    Eccleston
    Mooney
    Nouble
    Obika

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Dickson
    Clarke
    Benson
    N'Guessen

All 'bloody awful'
  • Options

Church
    Akpo Sodje
    Eccleston
    Mooney
    Nouble
    Obika
    Dickson
    Clarke
    Benson
    N'Guessen

All 'bloody awful'

And all statistically better than Reza as well.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Church
    Akpo Sodje
    Eccleston
    Mooney
    Nouble
    Obika
    Dickson
    Clarke
    Benson
    N'Guessen

All 'bloody awful'

All played in there correct position and most at a lower level.

If people are gonna start labelling decent players 'bloody awful' then I'm just highlighting players that were actually bloody awful.
  • Options
    People here adding 2+2 and getting 5. After World Cup he gets 4 weeks off. He was probably the best forward from sides that didn't progress to knock-outs. But not sure how he fits into a 4-3-3 that Bob seems to want.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Church
    Akpo Sodje
    Eccleston
    Mooney
    Nouble
    Obika
    Dickson
    Clarke
    Benson
    N'Guessen

All 'bloody awful'

All played in there correct position and most at a lower level.

If people are gonna start labelling decent players 'bloody awful' then I'm just highlighting players that were actually bloody awful.
    Yeah I get that, and I agree that most of those on your list are donkeys of varying degrees, but there's at least 5 of them that I'd still pick ahead of Reza to come on and score/create a goal if we were 1-0 down with ten minutes to go.

To class him as "decent", based on what he has shown for us so far, is very flattering.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's quality. As sharp as a razor.
  • Options

People here adding 2+2 and getting 5. After World Cup he gets 4 weeks off. He was probably the best forward from sides that didn't progress to knock-outs. But not sure how he fits into a 4-3-3 that Bob seems to want.

Is that what Bob wants? Don't think we've played anything other than 4-4-2 so far. You'd think if that's the sort of system we were going to play we'd be using it in pre-season from the beginning.
  • Options

Ballotelli
  • Options
    Akpo Sodje over Reza all day long. And most of the others as well.
  • Options

You must be joking surely?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

He's quality. As sharp as a razor.

Sharp as a Reza, surely?
  • Options

Maybe I'm whooooshing here, but given a choice, you'd take Reza ahead of Rooney and Sturridge?
  • Options
    Square peg round hole syndrome in my view. If he leaves it kind of simplifies things because as an option I always wondered how he is supposed to fit in.
  • Options
    I've heard he is leaving because we call him Reza, I read an inflight magazine recently that quoted him as his nations big name and said he likes to be known as Gucci .....There you have it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone watching the World Cup can see that when fully motivated he's a good (occasionally great) player. Even managed to play as the lone striker pretty successfully against Argentina.

Last year shoving him out on the wing and expecting him to be fine in a completely new position isn't going to get the best out of him. Think of Cousins at right mid too, never even close to being as good as playing down the centre in his favoured position.

Personally I hope he stays, because he offers a lot more than Church or Pigott currently. Might not be happy on the bench though so could be looking for a move.
  • Options
    you cant throw out the lower level comment.

He wasnt the best forward for Iran !!!
  • Options
    He didn't put himself around last season, probably not to get injured for the World Cup
  • Options
    Ashaddick said:

I've heard he is leaving because we call him Reza, I read an inflight magazine recently that quoted him as his nations big name and said he likes to be known as Gucci .....There you have it.

If he is leaving it is more likely to do with TBH joining.
  • Options

Ashaddick said:

If he is leaving it is more likely to do with TBH joining.
    Pathetic if true…unless he's going to play centre half for Liege.
  • Options

We also still seem to be sniffing around Bahebeck. It seems clear we are after another striker.

Ansah over Reza are you sure mate
  • Options
    I didn't watch the Iran games in the World Cup. I noted that he scored a goal in the 82nd minute of a game that they lost 3-1. What did he do to warrant people talking about him having a good tournament?

That is a genuine question, I just assumed that Iran would have played a defensive game and hope to score on the break, which was rather like what we did most of the time he played with us and I am probably more in the 'underwhelmed' camp, to be honest.
  • Options

I just read this and thought I'd have a look at Bahebeck and I found this:

Jean-Christophe Bahebeck is a French professional footballer who plays for Paris Saint-Germain in Ligue 1. He is described as a player who is "very fast with both feet" and is a good striker of the ball

I'd love to see a player that is very fast with just one foot!
  • Options
    I don't think we should jump to conclusions. Reza needs to acclimatise to this standard and pace of football, he needs a run in his preferred position and some freedom to play to his style. He has a sweet left foot and enough to offer IMHO. Will work better I'm a 442 up top than the pinnacle of a 4231 or 433. I wouldn't play him right of a three either - he filled in last year when we were lacking there.
  • Options
    The most natural talent that we've had in recent years. Sadly matched up with the least heart and worst decision making. I'd give him another chance he had a lot of settling to do last year in an unsettled situation, but needs to do a lot to convince.