Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza?

Comments

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

No big loss if he leaves if you ask me. He had a good World Cup but he was dreadful for us.

I disagree. I think he actually brought something to the team last season, despite frequently being played out of position. He's hard-working, pacy, has excellent control, a willingness (and ability) to shoot and a decent attitude. I think he could do very well for us this season.

Excellent control? I must have missed that by following the ball every time it bounced off his shin when he tried to control it.
    Think you must have been looking at the wrong player then.

Nope.
    Unlike many of our players, Reza is actually capable of running with the ball at his feet, taking players on and retaining the ball in close quarters. If you missed that then you may as well have been looking at a different player.

Granted he often went down far too easily and was occasionally guilty of trying to do too much and losing possession but that does not make him a dreadful player.

I don't think it's me who's been watching a different player for Charlton.
    And yet, nobody else seems to be slating him...

I'd better chip in then, because I thought he was bloody awful. He looked like someone who had won a competition to play in a professional football match.
  • Options
    well I guess we better just wait to see and hear if he's still at the club then? Think it's strange he's not been mentioned since though? Also - is he actually a Charlton player. He did sign didn't he? He wasn't on loan? So if he did get sold to a club who were willing to pay a couple of million for him after his WC performance, we would get the money right? Not Standard.....or any one else....?
  • Options
    braydex said:

well I guess we better just wait to see and hear if he's still at the club then? Think it's strange he's not been mentioned since though? Also - is he actually a Charlton player. He did sign didn't he? He wasn't on loan? So if he did get sold to a club who were willing to pay a couple of million for him after his WC performance, we would get the money right? Not Standard.....or any one else....?

He signed for us on a two and a half year deal.
  • Options
    Think he's gone... Sunnier climes !!
  • Options
    If he is already on his way after signing a 2 an half year deal, either his attutude stinks...or he is equally as unhappy playing for charlton... the same amount I am doing my crap job.
  • Options
    If he goes and we make a profit, no problem!
  • Options
    He's not going anywhere! You lot are laughable at times!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just Reza <3
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

He's not going anywhere! You lot are laughable at times!

It has a basis, trust me on that..
  • Options
    Couldn't get too excited about him at the WC as to me he just didn't feel a Charlton player and i was certain we would not be seeing him start the season with us.

Have a strong hunch he has gone already.

Will see. Would leave us very light of striking options as things currently stand.
  • Options
    Don't feel like he ever really got started last year. Came in at a time of change, played in fits and starts and often out on the right. There was enough there to show that he is a good player, something that the World Cup confirmed, but whether he can do it consistently in England I'm not sure yet. Better players than him have struggled with English football.

I do think there was a certain amount of caution about his play last year, which is somewhat understandable considering he was about to be a national hero playing in the world's most prestigious tournament.

If he goes, I won't be that disappointed as I don't feel like he ever got to be "one of us", but there's enough potential there for me to hope he has a chance up front this year.
  • Options
    Cant say I'd be disappointed if he went to be honest.Yes he did show what he could do with the goal at Leeds but for me he showed far more what he couldn't do which was a lot.
  • Options
    Will be really dissapointed if we don't keep him for another season but i can understand if we cash in while his stock is high having impressed the World by giving some World Class defenders a serious game.

Hopefully he sticks around & shows what he can do when played in his natural postion with creative players around him.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

No big loss if he leaves if you ask me. He had a good World Cup but he was dreadful for us.

I disagree. I think he actually brought something to the team last season, despite frequently being played out of position. He's hard-working, pacy, has excellent control, a willingness (and ability) to shoot and a decent attitude. I think he could do very well for us this season.

Excellent control? I must have missed that by following the ball every time it bounced off his shin when he tried to control it.
    Think you must have been looking at the wrong player then.

Nope.
    Unlike many of our players, Reza is actually capable of running with the ball at his feet, taking players on and retaining the ball in close quarters. If you missed that then you may as well have been looking at a different player.

Granted he often went down far too easily and was occasionally guilty of trying to do too much and losing possession but that does not make him a dreadful player.

I don't think it's me who's been watching a different player for Charlton.
    And yet, nobody else seems to be slating him...

Before or after the World Cup?
  • Options

I heard Riga is set to quit Blackpool to runaway with him.

I think Riga might have some competition from Rizzo there.
  • Options
    I think people are being unfairly harsh, he would have scored more than church last season if given the same amount of chances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

I think people are being unfairly harsh, he would have scored more than church last season if given the same amount of chances.

I don't rate Church at all but he did get himself into those positions at least.
  • Options

Played for himself and not the team last year, trying outrageous shots when others better positioned etc. Poor control and missed a sitter v QPR. Some people believing the hype on here as usual.

Missed a sitter? Every striker misses the odd sitter.

Played for himself? Perhaps he got brought in to a sinking ship, and (rightly or wrongly) wanted to play Roy of the Rovers and become a hero with us as he is Iran.

Trying outrageous shots? Better than the rest of our team that didn't try any shots.

Poor control? I remember when Piggot had the ball fully under control and just ran off the pitch with it Vs Millwall.

Some people believing the hype as usual? Some people being negative for the sake of it as usual
  • Options

Only played 1 or 2 games in his natural position and had a couple of chances that he was unlucky with. The Leeds goal was a touch of class, but then Mooney scored a great goal against Gillingham and he's pony. I think I've seen enough in a CAFC and Iran shirt to think he will be an excellent player for us, but last season was a bit of a write-off for him in terms of trying not to get injured, being left out or playing in the wrong position.

Agree with this, but I suspect that George and Igor will most probably be the first choice strike partnership at least at the start of the season. If they do well, Reza will be on the bench or else played out wide again. I could understand it if he has thought much the same and decided he is too good to be on our bench. If we play with a single striker, he kind of showed he could play that role for Iran but I imagine he would be behind George in that pecking order.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Agree with @ValleyGary‌ There is certainly a decent player in him.

He came to a totally different country, different league, in a team that was struggling, in the middle of the season.

He was never going to pull up trees, but what he did do, was give us some sort of pace/creative outlet, he had a good world cup and having (hopefully) settled in England, think he could be a gem of a player.
  • Options
    I did hear a little while ago that he was possibly off to a Club in the Middle East, Qatar I think.
  • Options

I did hear a little while ago that he was possibly off to a Club in the Middle East, Qatar I think.

Wants more money a new challenge...
  • Options
    i've no doubts there is a decent player there, and i'd expect if he did stay that we would see a better player than we have as he would have had time to adjust.

However, what we say was a player who didn't really seem to fit in, was a bit lost by the physical and tempo nature of the Championship, and who scored just 1 goal in 14 30-min plus appearances.

If he stays, then we can't have the Reza we saw from Jan-May. We need more than that, and i suspect if he stays he will be playing 2nd fiddle to Igor.
  • Options

Considering the shite we've had play upfront for us over the last few seasons, i can't believe I'm reading the words 'bloody awful'

No, I stand by it. I really thought he was a complete joke. Not as bad as Pawel Abbot, but that's as far as my praise can go.