Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wednesday set sights on promotion to PL.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    I think the real loser here is you @operationpig‌ , 11:47 on a Friday night and your copying and pasting your shirt on another teams forum. Bad darts from you sir .. Bad darts..
  • You've still got that cross-eyed pigeon on your shirt, Piggy?

• J BLOCK said:

I think the real loser here is you @operationpig‌ , 11:47 on a Friday night and your copying and pasting your shirt on another teams forum. Bad darts from you sir .. Bad darts..

Says someone replying then editing after, terrible darts from you sir.

• Wendies chairman modelling the away kit.

Getting slightly worried about you Beds, that two or three times this picture has cropped up in your post, at least tell us his name....
  • nichorob said:

Wednesday would literally cream theirselves over half our signings.

Definition of tinpot.

You've signed a journey man that couldn't even cut it in the Belgium league mate, back up at best but even that's a push, I thought his legs had gone.

How many of your journeyman would even get a game in the top Belgian league, Piggy?

And let's face it, Semedo wouldn't even get in the Charlton team these days.

• Oggy Red said:

nichorob said:

Definition of tinpot.

You've signed a journey man that couldn't even cut it in the Belgium league mate, back up at best but even that's a push, I thought his legs had gone.

How many of your journeyman would even get a game in the top Belgian league, Piggy?

We don't have many, maybe Kirkland/Loovens (if he signs) and my guess is they could.

Semedo last season was one of our best players, seriously! the season before when we first came up he had a poor season, most wrote him off including me, I just didn't think he could cut it in the Championship.....Last season he proved us all wrong, if he steps up again this season then all is good.

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

nichorob said:

Definition of tinpot.

We don't have many, maybe Kirkland/Loovens (if he signs) and my guess is they could.

Semedo last season was one of our best players, seriously! the season before when we first came up he had a poor season, most wrote him off including me, I just didn't think he could cut it in the Championship.....Last season he proved us all wrong, if he steps up again this season then all is good.

You honestly saying you would not happily take Tal Ben Haim as a subsitute, which is what he will be for us

And can you honestly say you would not take André Bikey, Igor Vetokele, Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson, Yoni Buyens and Franck Moussa
    Lets face it all of those could get into your team
  • edited July 2014
    Maybe a few years ago but didn't he start to lose his way after a string of clubs in England, and didn't he get booed off the pitch by some SL fans in a game?

Can't comment of the other players because I honestly know little about them apart from Franck Moussa, and he's played most of his games at L1/L2 level when on loan, he had a half decent season last year for Cov but again in L1.

Tell me about the others?

Apologies if I don't reply tonight, had some beer and feeling the pain now ;)
  • Go to bed man
  • Go to bed man
  • I enjoyed my conversation with a massive the other night. He admitted he was a regular on Owlstalk, accused me of being on there on a wind up, and then started getting lairy about their signings so far (cough)

All I had to do was ask why when WE won the league one title they had an open top bus parade to kill the conversation. Sad old massive a.
  • edited July 2014

J BLOCK said:

Says someone replying then editing after, terrible darts from you sir.

Forgot the pig at the end of your name
  • I enjoyed my conversation with a massive the other night. He admitted he was a regular on Owlstalk, accused me of being on there on a wind up, and then started getting lairy about their signings so far (cough)

All I had to do was ask why when WE won the league one title they had an open top bus parade to kill the conversation. Sad old massive a.

For the record there was never any open top bus parade it was a civic reception where players spoke to their fans via a microphone, all pretty normal stuff really it was also a great way to kick united in the balls, it was between us and them that season you see, but please do carry on posting incorrect stuff if you must.;))
  • has a bet been placed yet?

If no one else wants it (and seeing as I'm usually quite polite to OP ;) , ill have a Tenner off you straight up Massive wont finish above charlton

ill even give u 2-1....well actually, despite the odds, you're still just going to lose your tenner :(:(
  • Sponsored links:

Ha ha what's that game of thrones?

I thought Ned Stark was United but if he is now your shirt sponsor I guess times are hard
  • Well if you're sponsored by a country you must be Massive. I think piggy's straw clutching is superb. carry on...
  • Hearing a rumor that this takeover might be falling through.

Maybe OP knows more.
  • Has the massive embarrassment finally hit home. Miss Piggy seems to have disappeared.
  • I had the misfortune to be in Bexhill last Sunday; a town where all the shop windows have bifocals and where there's a funeral director's on every street corner. One the those death-parlours actually had a Wednesday shirt prominently displayed in the front window. I'm afraid the omens aren't good Piggy ;-)

Wednesday
  • vffvff
    edited July 2014
    Takeovers that are nearly there but are not quite there are painful.
  • buckshee said:

Hearing a rumor that this takeover might be falling through.

Maybe OP knows more.

Another rumour?

There has been an 'issue' with RC Lens, the other club that Mammadov owns, it's a weird system in France for clubs, if every box isn't ticked then you can be denied promotion, this is what happened with RCL, and to make matters worse there is/was a club president at RCL (Gervais Martel) who hasn't helped matters either but it looked like Mammadov has removed him.

Yesterday, RC Lens was granted promotion after they won a second appeal so all seems fine in France now.

As for as our takeover is concerned, all seems fine and on track, I don't really know how long this ratification process takes though, anything from 3 weeks to 4 months apparently, some of our fans are growing a little bit restless which is understandable although with Milan Mandaric saying it would be done in 4 weeks I can understand why.

All seems fine at the moment.
  • Oh Bollocks!
  • Sam. Hutchinson signs

turning down 10 k week offered by millwall.2 yr deal.

I can out and out confirm that this is complete and utter bollocks