Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wednesday set sights on promotion to PL.

Comments

• I'd like to say, OP, that MSE7's posts do NOT reflect my views, nor those of the majority of Lifers, I suspect.

Some seriously weird people in the minority at CAFC. Guess the massive suffer from similar....

What cause I'm a laugh and your fooking boring?
  • edited August 2014
    MSE7 said:

I'd like to say, OP, that MSE7's posts do NOT reflect my views, nor those of the majority of Lifers, I suspect.

Some seriously weird people in the minority at CAFC. Guess the massive suffer from similar....

Odd
  • MSE7 said:

I'd like to say, OP, that MSE7's posts do NOT reflect my views, nor those of the majority of Lifers, I suspect.

Odd
    No Weird get it right at least

• edited August 2014
    MSE7 said:

MSE7 said:

Odd
    No Weird get it right at least

Okey doke
  • From Sky Sports

Lens' preparations for their return to Ligue 1 have been hit after being handed a ban on signing new players. The northern club finally had their promotion to the top flight rubber-stamped on appeal after it was initially prevented - despite them finishing second in Ligue 2 last season - for failing to provide sufficient financial guarantees.

Sounds like your onto a winner with this guy pig, I think the only thing he can guaratee at wednesday is another charlton 3 points at hillbrough...much like all your previous owners!
  • It sounds like we may have dodged a bullet here, i'm now really hoping this takeover doesn't go through, it's turned into a nightmare and more and more info has come out re Mamadov with the RC Lens fiasco.

Plan b for me - fight relegation.

what about all these signings
  • theres a good little piggy, back in your box
  • The funniest thing is - you're going down and the Blades are coming up. Owlstalk will be Fukushima episode II
  • Sponsored links:

• Sky Sports
    Slovenian defender Dejan Kelhar has put pen to paper on a deal with Sheffield Wednesday, having most recently played for Red Star Belgrade.

@swfc
    BREAKING: Dejan Kelhar signs short term contract with the Owls #swfc http://t.co/rEfo3alpaN
  • theyve been in the lower reaches of the championship and league one for most of the time i've been alive, it's about their natural level now, much like ours is yo yoing between the championship and prem
  • It sounds like we may have dodged a bullet here, i'm now really hoping this takeover doesn't go through, it's turned into a nightmare and more and more info has come out re Mamadov with the RC Lens fiasco.

Plan b for me - fight relegation.

Hang hang on, weren't we all waiting for these big name transfers?? ... tic toc squealer
  • From a French website, don't think its true as they have signed players:

Alors que le rachat de Sheffield Wednesday par Hafiz Mammadov tarde à être validé, le club anglais est également interdit de recrutement par la Football League comme le confirme L'Equipe.

Le RC Lens se retrouve dans la même situation que le club anglais, qui n'a pas encore reçu les fonds annoncés lors du rachat par l'actionnaire majoritaire du RC Lens.

Translated

While the acquisition of Sheffield Wednesday by Hafiz Mammadov soon be validated, the English club is also forbidden to recruitment by the Football League as confirmed by L'Equipe.

RC Lens finds himself in the same situation as the English club, which has not yet received the funds announced the redemption by the majority
  • What about the promotion push?!
  • edited August 2014
    I think the only push OP is contemplating now involves him traipsing down t' outhouse grasping half a dozen torn up sheets of the Daily Mirror, in the pouring rain, for a nervous clear out...

(Taken from the Sheffield tourist board site)
  • Not the end of the world if the takeover doesn't happen though is it, okay the cash flow would be affected understandably but we're still in good hands and we're still signing players.

• Not the end of the world if the takeover doesn't happen though is it, okay the cash flow would be affected understandably but we're still in good hands and we're still signing players.

still in the good hands of a man who sold portsmouth to a succession of con men and who just tried to flog you to another... right...
    Or sold Leicester to some people that got them into the PL within two years?

• Sponsored links:

That rose-tinted, glass full to overflowing bubble you live in must be such a comfort to you, Piggy.
  • bobmunro said:

Not the end of the world if the takeover doesn't happen though is it, okay the cash flow would be affected understandably but we're still in good hands and we're still signing players.

That rose-tinted, glass full to overflowing bubble you live in must be such a comfort to you, Piggy.
    Go on then Bob, explain that one, you think by this takeover not happening it would be a disaster for us why's that then?

still in the good hands of a man who sold portsmouth to a succession of con men and who just tried to flog you to another... right...
    Mandaric bought Portsmouth in 1998, taking the club out of administration and, he said, spending around £7million of his own money in settling debts. He invested £20million in taking Portsmouth into the Premier League and only got that back because they were promoted and remained in the division.

Milan made these comments re Portsmouth;

“I then found a young guy who was ambitious and who could take it further than I could and wanted to run the club,” Mandaric said of Alexandre 'Sasha’ Gaydamak, to whom he initially sold 50 per cent, then the rest of the club, in 2006.
    “I spent six months with Sasha and he was a really good owner,” he said.
    “Yes, he wanted to spend a little bit more money but there was no indication he was going to go wild and burden the club with debt. I believe I sold to the right person.
    "He wanted to give the fans more than I could give them and maybe there were mistakes in spending more money than he should have.
    “Sasha was trying to do his best but you have to ask yourself 'can you afford this?’ and balance things out. That’s why I probably did better than other people.”
    Mandaric absolves Gaydamak from blame, with a succession of owners, following the latter’s conclusion that he had overstretched himself, leading to a spiral of debt. “If I knew it would have happened like this, of course I would not have let go [of Portsmouth],” he said.
    “It’s incredible what has happened and it breaks my heart. But I would hate for someone to be discouraged from getting involved. If someone comes in and does a proper job then he will be properly rewarded with a fantastic club.”

But are you still up for that tenner

But are you still up for that tenner
    Already said I would years ago, then you went quiet.

• Scary how many of these lunatics still buying football clubs or getting close.

People laughing on here but it may be a lucky escape for Sheff Wed and at an extention the football league.
  • Looks like you shirt will have to say 'Azerbaijan, land of lukewarm water'.
  • edited August 2014

Not the end of the world if the takeover doesn't happen though is it, okay the cash flow would be affected understandably but we're still in good hands and we're still signing players.

Two years?! Don't think so pal. They took over in 2010 and spent a shit tonne of money in the process. I think the fact he spent 6 months with the guy he sold Portsmouth to just goes to show what a terrible judge of character he is.
  • And i thought he'd dropped in to wish us good luck for the new season.

Two years?! Don't think so pal. They took over in 2010 and spent a shit tonne of money in the process. I think the fact he spent 6 months with the guy he sold Portsmouth to just goes to show what a terrible judge of character he is.
    Splitting hairs pal, Leicester were L1/lower half Championship when Milan sold them, IIRC the football league ratified the deal in late 2010, so in theory they had the 11/12, 12/13 and guess what happened the season after?

BTW I'd be careful what you post calling people liers and conmen for the protection of your forum.