Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wednesday set sights on promotion to PL.

Comments

• And i thought he'd dropped in to wish us good luck for the new season.

Sorry mate, I thought the title might give you a clue though.

• And i thought he'd dropped in to wish us good luck for the new season.

Sorry mate, I thought the title might give you a clue though.

(That's a bit rich. Does the title of this forum not give YOU a clue, OP?)

Look OP - good luck, you're putting a brave face on it but we know how sh*t it feels to have a takeover and big bucks dangled in front of you, getting excited, weeks of speculation, who are we going to buy, should we be in for Darren Bent et al or fill the team with the best young players the championship and league one has to offer, and then suddenly it's all off and back to Semedo and Madine and they don't seem so top class anymore.

We've been there at least twice in the last few years.
  • It sounds like we may have dodged a bullet here, i'm now really hoping this takeover doesn't go through, it's turned into a nightmare and more and more info has come out re Mamadov with the RC Lens fiasco.

Plan b for me - fight relegation.

Aren't plan A and Plan B supposed to be different?
  • MSE7 said:

I'd like to say, OP, that MSE7's posts do NOT reflect my views, nor those of the majority of Lifers, I suspect.

Some seriously weird people in the minority at CAFC. Guess the massive suffer from similar....

What cause I'm a laugh and your fooking boring?
    You know me so well, MSE7 ! And to think it took you a whole NINE days to think up that gem !

Ah, of course. You've been too busy wining & dining the girlies in Falaraki !

TBH if I really was boring I'd point out that it's "you're" not "your".......

You forgot to mention the spelling mistake too Fanny ;-)
  • MSE7 said:

I'd like to say, OP, that MSE7's posts do NOT reflect my views, nor those of the majority of Lifers, I suspect.

Some seriously weird people in the minority at CAFC. Guess the massive suffer from similar....

What cause I'm a laugh and your fooking boring?
    You know me so well, MSE7 ! And to think it took you a whole NINE days to think up that gem !

Ah, of course. You've been too busy wining & dining the girlies in Falaraki !

TBH if I really was boring I'd point out that it's "you're" not "your".......

You forgot to mention the spelling mistake too Fanny ;-)
    I'm guessing he didn't want to be totally disrespectful, Large.

But you could be right..

:-)

( Love you, MSE7 ! )

• He'll probably end up sitting near us both this season Fanny once he realises Block A isn't all it's cracked up to be.
  • You must feel at least a bit gutted OP ? It's not exactly what you hoped for is it ? Be honest.
  • Not the end of the world if the takeover doesn't happen though is it, okay the cash flow would be affected understandably but we're still in good hands and we're still signing players.

But are you still up for that tenner
    Already said I would years ago, then you went quiet.

Ok good to go ;)
    Even if we don't sign this french striker then I think my money is pretty safe
  • You must feel at least a bit gutted OP ? It's not exactly what you hoped for is it ? Be honest.

When it was first announced we all thought at last, but slowly things have been coming out about this guy that has made me think we should just carry on as we are.

Either way we will all know on Friday as that is the day Milan has told the local media that an announcement will be made re the takeover.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not the end of the world if the takeover doesn't happen though is it, okay the cash flow would be affected understandably but we're still in good hands and we're still signing players.

Ok good to go ;)
    Remind me what this bet is again? you involved Huddersfield didn't you?

Ok good to go ;)
    I'm sure it was you who brought Hudds into it?
  • Mate we have been down that road, just when you feel up on your luck the bstds either have no money or are just chancers

Good luck
  • edited August 2014

Have you fallen down a well?
  • So whats the coo Bacon breath are you lot going up or what?
  • RedMist said:

Have you fallen down a well?
    Practising my Zen posting

Ok good to go ;)
    We spoke of Huddersfield yes...another bleak Yorkshire outpost where we pick up three points and cup wins on a regular basis! But to keep it simple, it is a simple bet on who will finish higher in the League: CAFC or the massive. Only fair I give you 2:1 because we are on our way to the top half of the table while you worry about Blackpool, Millwall, Brentford and Rotherham :)
  • Admin, shouldn't the title be corrected to :-

"Wednesday set to have another season fighting relegation ? "
  • Sponsored links:

• Wednesday will still be okay this season, even if the takeover falls through we still have Milan, okay the budget will be smaller but if we do need the cash he will put it into the club like he has always done, no big drama, maybe this is a blessing.

The blessing of league one, enjoy it squealer
  • A blow to lose Antonio, a player with pace to burn. That sort of winger is always very useful both at home, when trying to break teams down, and away, when you're hitting them on the break.

A sale to fund the proposed purchase of Stevie May ? With Leon Best having gone to Derby on a season loan, I don't suppose that Wednesday want to be relying on people like Gary Madine up front.
  • I can't wait to play you lot again. Always an easy 3 points for us
  • edited August 2014
    Blucher said:

A blow to lose Antonio, a player with pace to burn. That sort of winger is always very useful both at home, when trying to break teams down, and away, when you're hitting them on the break.

A sale to fund the proposed purchase of Stevie May ? With Leon Best having gone to Derby on a season loan, I don't suppose that Wednesday want to be relying on people like Gary Madine up front.

I don't actually think it was, yes he has pace and he's strong but he is so inconsistant for a player that showed so much promise in our promotion season, if we can bring in others (which seems to be the case) then for 2m I think we got a decent deal.

Stevie May could be decent for us.
  • @op - was Antonio entering the last year of his contract (a speciality of Tony Jiminez and chums) ?

There is certainly a dearth of quality strikers around - you only have to look at the fees paid for McCormack and Assombalonga. No wonder Roland is shopping in Europe. In that context, I agree that £800,000 or so for Stevie May looks a gamble worth taking on the basis of his goals last season - always assuming he's not charmed into going to Rotherham by the odious Steve Evans or that someone else doesn't nip in and get him.
  • Its funny a Wednesday fan at work was saying last year what a player Antonio was and today I asked about him leaving and he said he's useless, has pace but doesn't have a football brain so no loss. Football fans eh.
  • Its funny a Wednesday fan at work was saying last year what a player Antonio was and today I asked about him leaving and he said he's useless, has pace but doesn't have a football brain so no loss. Football fans eh.

He was all promise a while back though, he hasn't progressed for me and is injury prone, what's the point of pace if your running into walls? like I say we got a good offer and we move on, lets see how he does at Forest.
  • and no Llera - oh dear!
  • They talk about Antonio the same way we talk about Poyet. He's great when he's with us, then crap when he leaves us.
  • Almonds said:

They talk about Antonio the same way we talk about Poyet. He's great when he's with us, then crap when he leaves us.

Had Kieran Lee departed we would have been well gutted, Antonio was mostly injured or got subbed last season.