Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Kit Sponsor(s) - University of Greenwich, Andrews Sykes, Mitsubushi Electric

Comments

• The VC has just sent a message to all UoG staff. It identifies (a) shared use of sparrow lane resources (b) UoG students going to CAFC /CACT for work placements and senior staff giving lectures (c) joint work on community engagement (some of which is already ongoing and (d) the shirt sponsorship deal is a celebration of this partnership.

so sounds like not too much hard cash involved.

full text from University will be on UoG home page later today
  • If the UoG aren't paying us much, as a thank you to Charlton, will season ticket holders be allowed to drink in the Student Union bar?
  • If the UoG aren't paying us much, as a thank you to Charlton, will season ticket holders be allowed to drink in the Student Union bar?

not sure they are particularly fussy who they let in, so probably yes.

University are getting some free tickets. be interested to know where they go.
  • Andrews air conditioning have been taken advantage of here. I also suspect its a further attempt to charm us. Worst of all, how much stick am I going to get at football training from my teammates with this new sponsor? It will be even worse than the last!
  • DMC said:

Andrews air conditioning have been taken advantage of here. I also suspect its a further attempt to charm us. Worst of all, how much stick am I going to get at football training from my teammates with this new sponsor? It will be even worse than the last!

I think it's a great sponsor to have on our shirts. Perhaps Andrews were not bidding ? Do you know ?

• Continental sponsorship model. Most of you cracked it already

Not far off
  • I wonder when we will get a glimpse of the shirt ?
  • Doubt it'll be the last you see of Andrews
  • Sponsored links:

• Expecting weird looks walking round the university of Nottingham with a university of Greenwich shirt on!
  • I wonder when we will get a glimpse of the shirt ?

They've said later this week :-)

• sasquatch said:

I wonder when we will get a glimpse of the shirt ?

Really??? It would be nice for it to be available before the start of next season for a change.
  • WSS said:

Doubt it'll be the last you see of Andrews

Lets hope so. They are a god send after a ruby Murray
  • edited June 2014
    Simon E said:

sasquatch said:

I wonder when we will get a glimpse of the shirt ?

Really??? It would be nice for it to be available before the start of next season for a change.
    sasquatch said:

Supporters will get a first look at the club’s brand new home kit for the 2014/15 season later this week--> http://t.co/9AyU9lkGsv #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) June 2, 2014

• We have some seriously weird people following charlton, take a break from it all, enjoy the World Cup and come back to it when it's all over and see our new kit, new signings, painted ground etc etc....the 'stick I'll get at football training' about the new sponsor just about tops it all!!
  • DMC said:

Andrews air conditioning have been taken advantage of here. I also suspect its a further attempt to charm us. Worst of all, how much stick am I going to get at football training from my teammates with this new sponsor? It will be even worse than the last!

I don't understand why you give a shit about that. You've posted the sentiment on two threads but haven't explained:
    A) why you'll get stick for having a university as the club sponsor in the first place
    B) why you would care what the sort of person who ridicules people because of the sponsor of their preferred football team think
    C) if you do care about the sponsor, why you aren't proud that it's a local organisation that provides education as opposed to a foreign faceless giant like Samsung, Emirates, etc.

Apart from anything else, why don't you just tell these losers to grow the fuck up?
    It was a joke mate.
  • We have some seriously weird people following charlton, take a break from it all, enjoy the World Cup and come back to it when it's all over and see our new kit, new signings, painted ground etc etc....the 'stick I'll get at football training' about the new sponsor just about tops it all!!

This x 1000.

I literally cannot believe some of the crap posted on here recently.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2014
    I would like to register a complaint, where do I queue on CL? Not sure specifically what I want to complain about but by the time I get to the front of the queue I hope to have a short list of ten...
  • Wonder whether they'd like to sponsor the Pierre Bolangi Memorial Garden ?
  • Wasn't there a mock up done with the University logo on? Maybe we just posted the logo in another thread
  • Imagine all those A level takers catching a glimpse of our kit in the Times / Sun / Newshopper thinking "well that's that, I am going to Greenwich University not Kent / ICL / Cambridge / Durham"

Money well spent.
  • Why do the University of Greenwich want to advertise on a football club's shirt? I am constantly amazed by this crazy world!
  • DMC said:

DMC said:

I don't understand why you give a shit about that. You've posted the sentiment on two threads but haven't explained:
    A) why you'll get stick for having a university as the club sponsor in the first place
    B) why you would care what the sort of person who ridicules people because of the sponsor of their preferred football team think
    C) if you do care about the sponsor, why you aren't proud that it's a local organisation that provides education as opposed to a foreign faceless giant like Samsung, Emirates, etc.

Apart from anything else, why don't you just tell these losers to grow the fuck up?
    It was a joke mate.
    Nice one.
    Don't give up your day job.
  • The only condition I have made with my daughter's education is that she does not go to the University of Greenwich (this was long before the announcement today). Fortunately she is aiming a bit higher. If we are getting some money from the deal then it's a good sponsor (especially with all the community benefits the tie up brings).
  • If that's what it looks like I will be chuffed.