Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Kit Sponsor(s) - University of Greenwich, Andrews Sykes, Mitsubushi Electric

Comments

• It's a deal where both parties exchange services or benefits with minimal/no money being involved... which makes the NS tweet a bit confusing... I wonder if he meant to put that CAFC "hasn't" done a contra deal rather than "has"...
  • Does it mean that we have more chance of having a player with an 'educated left foot' that commentators tell us about?
  • I wonder if he meant to put that CAFC "hasn't" done a contra deal rather than "has"...

Or maybe he meant
    'Contrary to speculation *that* #cafc has done a contra deal with the University of Greenwich, in fact it is one of the most lucrative in the league'

• It means they get the name on a shirt in front of 14,000 people and we get free basket weaving classes.
  • I wonder what flavours there will be at the Valley, I'm hoping Bali.....mmmmmmmm.
    Pi.gif 12.2K
  • Greenie said:

I wonder what flavours there will be at the Valley, I'm hoping Bali.....mmmmmmmm.

With apologies to the movie "South Pacific"

Most people eat a bland pie,
    Lost in a sea of tasteless gravy.
    Most people long for another pie,
    One they know they will like to eat.

Balti Pie may call you,
    Any night, any day,
    In your heart, you'll hear it call you:
    "Come away...Come away."

Balti Pie will whisper
    On the winds of the Thames:
    "Here am I, your special pie!
    Come to me, come to me!"

Your own special hopes,
    Your own special dreams,
    Bloom in The Valley
    And shine in "A" block.
    If you try, you'll find me
    When you're at the front of the queue:
    "Here am I your special pie
    Come to me, Come to me."

Balti Pie
    Balti Pie,
    Balti Pie,
    Balti Pie!

Someday you'll see me floatin' in the grease,
    My pastry stickin' out from a low tin base,
    You'll hear me call you,
    Singin' through the grease,
    Sweet and clear as can be:
    "Come to me, here am I, come to me."
    If you try, you'll find me
    When you're at the front of the queue.
    "Here am I your special pie
    Come to me, Come to me."

Balti Pie,
    Balti Pie,
    Balti Pie!
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 6m
    Further news about next season's new kits will be published on http://www.cafc.co.uk at midday... #cafc
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 48s
    . @AndrewsSykes will appear on the back of the home and away kits in 2014/15 after renewing their partnership.
  • Sponsors everywhere!!! Mitsubishi, Andrews, Uni of Greenwich
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    The partnership will also see the @MitsuComm logo appear on the back of next season's home and away shorts
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh great. I liked the fact that we'd avoided having more than one sponsor on our kit. Needs must I suppose, but still disappointed.
  • As I said previously, we have sold out to the European (and palace) style of multiple sponsors. If you're unhappy now, wait until you see the kit designs.
  • Simon E said:

Oh great. I liked the fact that we'd avoided having more than one sponsor on our kit. Needs must I suppose, but still disappointed.

Money's money
  • Looks like that "Alonso" kit could be bang on!

I said yesterday that I would be delighted to see Andrews still involved and really pleased that this is the case. Are we now seeing signs of us "sweating the asset"?? ;-)
  • Simon E said:

Oh great. I liked the fact that we'd avoided having more than one sponsor on our kit. Needs must I suppose, but still disappointed.

At least it's not against Charlton fans morals.
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140603-andrews-sykes-mitsubishi-1597566.aspx

So where exactly is the bottom of the shorts? I presume they mean the lowest part (both legs?) or do they actually mean, er the bottom?
  • No issue for me, nice bit if extra income. I wonder if Mitsubishi will get a bigger space if we are promoted.

As long as it doesn't look like a complete pigs ear and the colours blend I am happy
  • I'm surprised it has taken this long tbh. When we first came back down to the Championship in 2007 I was expecting more sponsors on the back of the shirts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very happy with the main sponsors and the additional income. As mentioned above, let's hope the logos can be tailored onto a decent kit without it looking too cluttered or makeshift.
  • Most teams in The Championship are doing this now. It brings more money in but looks bloody ugly. Fair play to the commercial team for getting these deals done. I wonder if there has been the opportunity to do this before but we've rejected it?

I just hope the sponsors aren't on the fan shirts. I won't be buying one if they're all on there no matter how nice our Nike template kit is.
  • Rothko said:

So no different to virtually everyone in the Championship then, instead people are going for little digs at the ownership

Its unbelievable, it really is!
  • oh how grown men will cry and protest outside the club shop that their replica top looks naff.
  • Overwhelmed
  • Mitsubishi Electric make, among other things, Air Conditioning equipment.
  • PL54 said:

Mitsubishi Electric make, among other things, Air Conditioning equipment.

You'd be amazed where they get their hands! A colleague of mine went to Japan as a guest of Mitsubishi to look at some serious river extraction plant/equipment. Mitsubishi insisted on sorting the hotel, flights, food and drink. One night someone asked to try somewhere different but it was rejected because that hotel chain were tied in to another company. Same with the beers. Mitsubishi are affiliated with certain hotel chains & beers and drinking anything else was very poor form.

They may only be a small sponsor but they have some serious weight behind them

• My query is I wonder if they are Andrew's supplier / OEM ?