Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Kit Sponsor(s) - University of Greenwich, Andrews Sykes, Mitsubushi Electric

14567810»

Comments

• Too busy? Now it's just too s**t.
  • Nug said:

Hasby123 said:

Just spoken to club and they have confirmed that the Univ of Greenwich logo on the front is as per the cafc website - as they felt the proper Univ of Greenwich logo was 'too busy'....

Personally for me - its commercial suicide if they want to sell shirts....

They could have still use the typestyle from the logo, or created a simpler version, not that difficult. From UofG perspective not exactly reinforcing their brand identity either.
    I don't imagine they are paying much for it in real cash terms
  • I am delighted. The club site states that the kit will keep players and supporters dry. I take it that this means they have fixed the freakin' big hole in the roof above my head in the North Upper and I won't be getting drenched every time it rains!! Amazing what these "new technology" shirts can do! ;-)
  • TelMc32 said:

I am delighted. The club site states that the kit will keep players and supporters dry. I take it that this means they have fixed the freakin' big hole in the roof above my head in the North Upper and I won't be getting drenched every time it rains!! Amazing what these "new technology" shirts can do! ;-)

They can stuff the shirts in the hole... ;-)
  • Interesting that on Facebook it's being almost universally derided, while on Instagram it appears to have gone down really well.

Instagram has a much younger demographic than Facebook... so given that kids and young adults are the most likely to buy the replica shirts, you could argue from a commercial perspective they've targeted the right audience.
  • I like it, tho would prefer white shorts.
    Still looks alright.
  • Interesting that on Facebook it's being almost universally derided, while on Instagram it appears to have gone down really well.

Instagram has a much younger demographic than Facebook... so given that kids and young adults are the most likely to buy the replica shirts, you could argue from a commercial perspective they've targeted the right audience.

Except that I think that group will always like the new shirt. At that age they have less affiliation to old styles that us boring old farts consider to the proper colour/style/shape/pattern and all that.

From the mid 80s onward I loved each and every kit more than the one before. It is only now that I look back and have favorites - back then it was always the latest one.

Thus, they could have made a kit that the old fans liked and the younger fans would probably have liked it too.

Just my gut feeling.
  • The kit is upside down. I know we've changed colours temporarily in the past but as far as I'm concerned we play in red shirts and white shorts... end of.

If there's a petition to at least get the shorts turned back to white let me know where to sign. Even then though this'll be the third kit running that I won't be buying. Sooner this Nike deal is over the better.
  • I like the kit interested to see the away and 3rd kit. No problem with the other sponsors but would like to see the uni in the proper way
  • Sponsored links:

• I like it, it reminds me of a kit from way back (1970's I think), but I echo others thoughts on the way the UoG name has been added, it should have the Compass in my opinion, as per NUG's mock up above.
  • The uni chose to have the textual logo on the kit so I'm told
  • How many other clubs have launched their new kit with a dodgy picture of it chucked onto a mannequin? Could have done better with the launch. Bit amateur all round really.

I am nearly 57, have been supporting the club over 40 years and can say that I like it. I won't buy the replica shirt because I never do, but I do like the shirt.

• How many other clubs have launched their new kit with a dodgy picture of it chucked onto a mannequin? Could have done better with the launch. Bit amateur all round really.

I can't see what the alternative is - the players are on holiday. Last year we had a youth player who hasn't played in the first team and has now been released and Mark Gower who just happened to be signing.

In an ideal world we would have got the sponsors arranged and had all this done before the end of the season - might have even worn the new shirt for the last home game. However in the event that the sponsor wasn't known at the time they had to do something. I quite like the fact that you can rotate the picture so that you can see the back of the shirt.
  • edited June 2014

How many other clubs have launched their new kit with a dodgy picture of it chucked onto a mannequin? Could have done better with the launch. Bit amateur all round really.

I can't see what the alternative is - the players are on holiday. Last year we had a youth player who hasn't played in the first team and has now been released and Mark Gower who just happened to be signing.

In an ideal world we would have got the sponsors arranged and had all this done before the end of the season - might have even worn the new shirt for the last home game. However in the event that the sponsor wasn't known at the time they had to do something. I quite like the fact that you can rotate the picture so that you can see the back of the shirt.

Other clubs have all managed to do it though. It's not a major gripe, just an observation.
  • When I first started watching Charlton (1967?) we had red shorts.

Not that it really matters what colour our shorts are.
  • Sponsored links:

Can't win, can we! There's normally complaints that we're too late in launching the new kit. This time we get it out early and those pesky players are all on holiday!

Right...what can I moan about next?? :-))
  • TelMc32 said:

How many other clubs have launched their new kit with a dodgy picture of it chucked onto a mannequin? Could have done better with the launch. Bit amateur all round really.

Can't win, can we! There's normally complaints that we're too late in launching the new kit. This time we get it out early and those pesky players are all on holiday!

Right...what can I moan about next?? :-))
    I wouldn't say it's an early launch at all.
  • edited June 2014
    I had an andrews air con unit. rubbish it was. when you put it on cool it would blow out hot..I thought typical charlton sponsor. I think this club is a jinx sometimes
  • Could be worse. West Ham have used one of Palace's old designs.

• MSE7 said:

I had an andrews air con unit. rubbish it was. when you put it on cool it would blow out hot..I thought typical charlton sponsor. I think this club is a jinx sometimes

Did you ever get a mortgage through The Woolwich that turned out to be bad or a tin of paint from Fads that was crap ? I could go on.

What did Andrews say when you contacted them to let them know their cooler was in fact a heater ?

Why typical Charlton Sponsor ?

Trolling again and I've bitten.

• edited June 2014
    LOL. It was out of warranty so they didn't do anything.

run along with irving I think he has taken a shine to you!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX4gPaTZdWw

• just looking up the new library

oops!
  • someone can't spell library..