Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Almost at Cannon Street! Fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    Decided to forego my walk from Canary Wharf to Greenwich tonight. Been doing that & catching train to Woolwich lately. Left work at 7.30, DLR at Poplar and a seat all the way to Woolwich.

Let's see how they can fuck it up tomorrow when I have to get to Kings X for the Leeds train just after 7!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    TelMc32 said:

Decided to forego my walk from Canary Wharf to Greenwich tonight. Been doing that & catching train to Woolwich lately. Left work at 7.30, DLR at Poplar and a seat all the way to Woolwich.

Let's see how they can fuck it up tomorrow when I have to get to Kings X for the Leeds train just after 7!

How do you walk from Canary Wharf to Greenwich? Or do you mean the Greenwich walk tunnel rather than North Greenwich?
  • Options
    8.39 at Belvedere cancelled due to 'passenger disruption' in the Dartford area. 20 minute wait until the next one.
  • Options
    fair play, was fine in this morning
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Sat on a train about 20 mins from Victoria. Was supposed to get in about 15 mins ago. Barely moved in ages.
  • Options
    the 5.39pm from victoria was no more packed than usual last night few mins delayed but not that bad, if you can i would advise heading there, as was pretty good
  • Options

the 5.39pm from victoria was no more packed than usual last night few mins delayed but not that bad, if you can i would advise heading there, as was pretty good

Really? My end of Victoria was absolute mayhem about 5:45 - 6pm past night. Crowds of people all wanting to get on trains that hadn't been announced. Station staff trying to stop people getting onto platforms before the trains were announced. People shouting and barging and fighting over seats. Was mental.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Really? My end of Victoria was absolute mayhem about 5:45 - 6pm past night. Crowds of people all wanting to get on trains that hadn't been announced. Station staff trying to stop people getting onto platforms before the trains were announced. People shouting and barging and fighting over seats. Was mental.
    Good to hear it's business as usual.
  • Options

canters only thing id suggest is if you have an iphone get the southeastern app load up live departures and hang back instead of infront of the boards i knew it was on platform 8 a good 2/3 mins before it was on the boards then walked down platform 7 all the way to the end and it leads to platform 8 got a seat.
  • Options
    Cannon St was much busier than usual at 4.20 last night, but everything seemed to be running ok. The 6.11 from Welling this morning was fine and quiet.

I reckon lots just aren't bothering this week....thankfully it's my last day at work until next Monday
  • Options
    Left early today to avoid feeding time at the zoo (victoria) and working from home the rest of the week! Feel a lot better already.
  • Options

got the 6.20am from Battle to Victoria, waited 20 mins at Tonbridge for a guard, Victoria Station tube was rammed, arrived South Quay at 9.15am, about 45 mins later than normal. I really hate commuting now. One more year and I'm done.

I think I walked past you today about 4pm in Westminster Station.
  • Options

canters only thing id suggest is if you have an iphone get the southeastern app load up live departures and hang back instead of infront of the boards i knew it was on platform 8 a good 2/3 mins before it was on the boards then walked down platform 7 all the way to the end and it leads to platform 8 got a seat.
    Even better is to use this http://www.brtimes.com/#!

Gives you the scheduled platform. Not always right as they move them around if there's delays but 90% of the time it's accurate.

Just don't go telling everyone or it'll become redundant ;)
  • Options
    Joshuk87 said:

It's been that bad I've had to suffer katrien on the way home.

Is that really her? Reckon she might be using South Eastern as a business model for Charlton. Lots of parallels between the two - South Eastern have actually been alright the last few weeks, just like Charlton, but everyone knows that, due to a lack of investment, everything's gonna go to shit as soon as winter arrives.

Also, she had a load of meetings with her customers last year that were a total waste of time, just like South Eastern's "Meet the Managers" events are completely pointless and make naff all difference to anything.

Add to that the fact that I've never seen the head of South Eastern in public, apparently as anonymous as Roland.

Gonna nip down the bookies and put a tenner on our next first team coach being a former train driver.
  • Options
    Joshuk87 said:

Blondie'd get it
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

How do you walk from Canary Wharf to Greenwich? Or do you mean the Greenwich walk tunnel rather than North Greenwich?
    Yep. Down the Isle of Dogs to the tunnel at Island Gardens and through to Greenwich.

I only walk across the Thames to North Greenwich, when I'm feeling inspired! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joshuk87 said:

Good to see everyone on that train following the advice on the "Dave" advert and paying attention to their phone...including you @Joshuk87 :smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Of scant consolation to those of you suffering but having taken the week off, I'm scribing this from eurotunnel terminal at Coquelles where the service is completely up the sh*tter! Oh well. Merde abounds.

That's the last two times I've used the tunnel where it has been utter chaos. Good advert for P&O
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Joshuk87 said:

Is that really her? Reckon she might be using South Eastern as a business model for Charlton. Lots of parallels between the two - South Eastern have actually been alright the last few weeks, just like Charlton, but everyone knows that, due to a lack of investment, everything's gonna go to shit as soon as winter arrives.

Also, she had a load of meetings with her customers last year that were a total waste of time, just like South Eastern's "Meet the Managers" events are completely pointless and make naff all difference to anything.

Add to that the fact that I've never seen the head of South Eastern in public, apparently as anonymous as Roland.

Gonna nip down the bookies and put a tenner on our next first team coach being a former train driver.
    Yes def was her. Didn't have the heart to scream in her face alla some fans. Although her Tesco shop was enlightening
  • Options
    Should have started singing 'she ain't got a clue'.
  • Options

got the 6.20am from Battle to Victoria, waited 20 mins at Tonbridge for a guard, Victoria Station tube was rammed, arrived South Quay at 9.15am, about 45 mins later than normal. I really hate commuting now. One more year and I'm done.

I think I walked past you today about 4pm in Westminster Station.
    about the right time, oh, now I remember, you were just coming off the down escalator? Thought I recognised a fellow Charlton fan !

• Options

Should have started singing 'she ain't got a clue'.

I wouldn't have been able to let such an opportunity pass without telling her, politely, what I thought of her shambles of a tenure as CEO.
  • Options
    Is this hell due to take place on Friday? I need to travel to deepest Hampshire and don't want to drive but I'll happily drive if this chaos is happening still
  • Options
    Carter said:

Is this hell due to take place on Friday? I need to travel to deepest Hampshire and don't want to drive but I'll happily drive if this chaos is happening still

Yes it is
  • Options
    How bad has it been on the Greenwich line to Cannon Street? First day back tomorrow.
  • Options
    Sidcup line's fucked. Train stuck at Hither green. Driver of train stopped at Albany Park saying it will be a "long long delay"