Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

With all the hanging around and the delays, get a bus even if you have to share the journey with every freak nutter on the planet.

I'm used to that as I travel on the Bexleyheath line. Saying that, was sat opposite a Megan Fox lookalike this morning, which made for a pleasant journey ;)
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

seth plum said:

With all the hanging around and the delays, get a bus even if you have to share the journey with every freak nutter on the planet.

I'm used to that as I travel on the Bexleyheath line. Saying that, was sat opposite a Megan Fox lookalike this morning, which made for a pleasant journey ;)
    so it was you staring at me this morning?
  • Options
    Or just get on the boat from Canary Wharf and get bus/cab from there? Depending where you live of course but for some of you more local bods.
  • Options

Going in for me will be ok as I get the train at 20 past 5, but coming home will be horrific. The DLR will be rammed and the chances of getting on a train at Lewisham in rush hour will be slim to none.

May just leave late or go out on the piss for four nights. I think I'm going to challenge myself to try and do every bar in Canary Wharf over those evenings!

Where do you want to start?
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

seth plum said:

Trouble is its when they open their mouths and sound like a cross between some bloke going to work on a building site and a female chav that the pleasant part is ruined.

Have had that happen to me a few times over the years when your sitting opposite an attractive woman!!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

seth plum said:

I'm used to that as I travel on the Bexleyheath line. Saying that, was sat opposite a Megan Morgan Fox lookalike this morning, which made for a pleasant journey ;)
    :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Fantastic. About 20 empty seats on my carriage and the huge fat fuck with the enormous McDonald's decides to plant her lardy arse next to me. Harrumph. At least I've got ten days without this pleasure coming up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've taken the week off. Could beer it.

• Options
    They're getting the annoyance out the way early. Train reduced from 11 to 7 coaches. Somehow got a seat though.
  • Options

They're getting the annoyance out the way early. Train reduced from 11 to 7 coaches. Somehow got a seat though.

Here's a tip for you Canter. Always take a walk stick with you, then some poor fool might get up and let you sit down.

If not, you can always bash somebody with it to get their seat.

• Options

Going in for me will be ok as I get the train at 20 past 5, but coming home will be horrific. The DLR will be rammed and the chances of getting on a train at Lewisham in rush hour will be slim to none.

May just leave late or go out on the piss for four nights. I think I'm going to challenge myself to try and do every bar in Canary Wharf over those evenings!

don't forget the new roof bar at the new Novotel, nice bar, great views.

• Options

don't forget the new roof bar at the new Novotel, nice bar, great views.

Agreed. Bokan...highly recommended :smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2017

I work in Canary Wharf and am prepared to join you..... on the proviso you pay for every round.

*as long as @DaveMehmet doesn't come along - he is an extremely vile individual.
  • Options

They're getting the annoyance out the way early. Train reduced from 11 to 7 coaches. Somehow got a seat though on the divers lap.

• Options

I work in Canary Wharf and am prepared to join you..... on the proviso you pay for every round.

*as long as @DaveMehmet doesn't come along - he is an extremely vile individual.
    I suppose vile's a step up from what you called me earlier because I couldn't come drinking with you.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

I suppose vile's a step up from what you called me earlier because I couldn't come drinking with you.
    Very true!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No trains between dartford and graveesend either direction. Train broke down at stone crosding
  • Options
    Buzzing for the morning.

Anyone tried to use the train iver the long weekend?

On a scale of standing on a landmine to the eternal fire of hell, how bad was it?

Get your predictions in for how late I will arrive into London tomorrow and how likely they are to shorten the train even though there are already half the number of trains and twice the number of people wanting that route.
  • Options
    So many people I know are wfh or taking as hols. I'm expecting an ok journey in but carnage home.
  • Options
    Good luck everybody
  • Options
    Hardly anyone on my Sidcup line train
  • Options
    Buses very quiet
  • Options

That's pissed on my bonfire.
  • Options

That's pissed on my bonfire.
    Don't worry mate, the fucking heating's on (really) so not all good.
  • Options
    A2 screwed. Bus did its own little diversion via blackheath standard. Now queuing to get back on by westcombe park. Not the best plan going this route in hindsight.
  • Options
    Got a train from barnehurst at 6:34 that was only 3/4 full.