Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Looks like trouble tonight going by current state of play at Charing Cross (delays)
  • Options
    AFKABartram creates an online forum which provides the only shining light for CAFC fans through one of its most turbulent periods....remembered for being short!
  • Options
    Just got on at London Bridge and all seems fine now. Pity, fancied a beer.
  • Options

Unlucky mate, you'll have to go home and bring the washing in! :wink:
  • Options

Only just finished tonight so you would have had a long wait!
  • Options
    Cancellations all the rage tonight on the Woolwich line. Blaming signalling problems. What the hell is wrong with those signals!?
    Following this morning's announcement about delays because of power problems in the New Cross area.
  • Options

Cancellations all the rage tonight on the Woolwich line. Blaming signalling problems. What the hell is wrong with those signals!?
    Following this morning's announcement about delays because of power problems in the New Cross area.

Funny how it always seems to happen when it's a nice day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

They're in the middle of a "programme" to disable the heating on all of their Metro trains??!!

So they've bought a load of trains that don't have an on/off switch for the heating?

Are they buying their trains from Del Trotter?

Unbelievable.

Yes, the 'programme' is a YouTube video showing how to push the lever from red to blue, and how to stop for swans and twigs on the tracks.
    colthe3rd said:

Funny how it always seems to happen when it's a nice day.

Indicator malfunction causing havoc with trains turning, signalling is fucked
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    On the Victoria Line yesterday morning when an announcement came over that Finsbury Park tube was closed due to insufficient staff!

Not heard that one before.
  • Options

On the Victoria Line yesterday morning when an announcement came over that Finsbury Park tube was closed due to insufficient staff!

Least it wasnt Oxford Station yesterday.

Heard that about 100-people missed their train @ 7am yesterday morning because the person who's job it is to open the actual Station overslept and wasnt there... Why there wasnt a backup plan by the Station in case this ever happened I'll never know!!
  • Options

1st day of the summer holidays, what do you expect?
  • Options

Sat next to a ticking set of inter-doors that won't close and it is like Chinese water torture!

I know I could move seats to another carriage. But I've been sitting in this seat and this carriage for 25 years, and I won't let a set of ticking doors force me away.

25 years? That's one hell of a delay.
    24 years of those was sat in a pub waiting for the train though.
  • Options
    Loads of Japanese kids been getting in at bexleyheath and barnehurst this last two weeks. Fifty or sixty of them. They are very well behaved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shag said:

They might be well behaved these kids but they can fuck off at rush hour . Same goes for buggies , pushchairs , OAPs with shopping bags , bicycles , tourists , rucksacks , ticket inspectors and bexleybeef people on the sidcup line

This. And people with buggys etc are always the ones that insist on getting on the front carriage. Like can't you see it's busy. If you want to get a train at rush hour get on the back and you might have space. Someone once got on with a fucking ladder! A ladder! Like what reason would you have for taking a ladder on a rush hour train to Victoria and getting on the front carriage?
    Maybe he sees it as a step up to his regular commute?
  • Options

Shag said:

They might be well behaved these kids but they can fuck off at rush hour . Same goes for buggies , pushchairs , OAPs with shopping bags , bicycles , tourists , rucksacks , ticket inspectors and bexleybeef people on the sidcup line

This. And people with buggys etc are always the ones that insist on getting on the front carriage. Like can't you see it's busy. If you want to get a train at rush hour get on the back and you might have space. Someone once got on with a fucking ladder! A ladder! Like what reason would you have for taking a ladder on a rush hour train to Victoria and getting on the front carriage?
    Maybe he sees it as a step up to his regular commute?
    Have a sympathy lol for a bad pun.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

When you back in the ratrace @cantersaddick ? Must be soon now. I bet you're really excited frantically trying to find a Masters' Degree you can do to postpone the inevitable for a bit longer.

Less than 3 weeks now. Got 2 weeks travelling in Europe first, starting on Thursday so trying not to think about the commute until I'm back.

I'm going into the office tomorrow to meet my new team etc so guaranteed the trains will be up the wall.
  • Options
    during rush hour should be commuters, unfortunately i pass through south kensington every evening where a whole array of tat from the natural history museum makes its way on to the train luckily only 2 stops and then im off.wimbldeon is the only other time of the year in which i hate my commute.