Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Good luck back at work tomorrow @cantersaddick

You should probably think about leaving in the next half hour or so if you want to stand a chance of making it in on time. Weather tomorrow expected to be reasonably warm with a few clouds around, so pretty much inevitable that there'll be disruption throughout the day.

Nevermind mate, only about fifty years of this shit to put up with and then you can retire!

;-)

I can confirm I made it alright! :)
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Good luck back at work tomorrow @cantersaddick

You should probably think about leaving in the next half hour or so if you want to stand a chance of making it in on time. Weather tomorrow expected to be reasonably warm with a few clouds around, so pretty much inevitable that there'll be disruption throughout the day.

Nevermind mate, only about fifty years of this shit to put up with and then you can retire!

;-)

I can confirm I made it alright! :)
    It's all downhill from here!
  • Options

Always wondered if I switch to the smartkey can I still claim for delays on trains that I didn't get on :smile:

That's one reason I still have a paper ticket.
  • Options
    Is this bloke any good at kicking people? We might be able to use him in defence.
  • Options
    is everyone excited for next weeks trips into work going to be absolute fucking chaos, usually i get the 5.47am from barnehurst to victoria but for next week there not running a victoria train till 6.38 for some reason.
  • Options

is everyone excited for next weeks trips into work going to be absolute fucking chaos, usually i get the 5.47am from barnehurst to victoria but for next week there not running a victoria train till 6.38 for some reason.

That'll be because there are no trains at all to London Bridge, Waterloo East and Charing Cross so they're obviously doing all they can to accommodate the passengers that would have been on those trains by running fewer trains to the few remaining stations in London that are actually open.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rizzo said:

That'll be because there are no trains at all to London Bridge, Waterloo East and Charing Cross so they're obviously doing all they can to accommodate the passengers that would have been on those trains by running fewer trains to the few remaining stations in London that are actually open.
    i get why there doing it, we've been told about it for a year, i just dont know theyve cancelled a service that is onviously used by a lot of people cannon st and victoria are hardly close.
  • Options
    I presume they're charging full fare for a service that is worse than off peak?
  • Options

Deliberately saved two days of flexi for next week and going to book the other two off as annual leave. Not even going to attempt to go anywhere near a train station next week, think it will be total utter chaos.

I'm assumimg they wont be running more Cannon St & Victoria trains as a result?!?!
  • Options
    Going to work in the Berlin office for a couple of days. Fully expecting my flights to be shorter than the journey into or away from London that week.
  • Options
    Very in depth article about SE metro trains. Perfect for here:
    https://www.londonreconnections.com/2017/capacity-wont-increase-southeastern-metro-time-soon/
  • Options
    dont be silly @JohnBoyUK;

from se website

Significantly fewer trains will call at this station from Tuesday 29 August - Friday 1 September 2017 inclusive.

During the morning peak the actual numbers of trains arriving into London from this station will be as follows:

0700 to 0759 - 5 normally 7
    0800 to 0859 - 7 normally 11
    0900 to 0959 - 6 normally 7

there will also be a queing system in place at cannon street station so please allow extra time for your journey.

ive actually lucked in over in dublin for the weekend, so not back at work until tuesday and off thursday and friday. so only 2 days of hell to endure, i dread to think what its going to be like.
  • Options
    Time to get back to some exercise and walk it!
  • Options
    I go to Victoria so I. Expecting my train to run but expecting chaos. Can't get out of going on as my manager has decided to take a weeks annual leave right before the biggest deadline of the year and just as she's lost 2 experienced members of staff (out of a team of 4).

Maybe I'll have so much on I just wont bother going home and I'll skip the whole commute by sleeping under my desk and stealing from the vending machine.

Could work from home but IT won't be sorting our my laptop until Wednesday...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017

dont be silly @JohnBoyUK;

from se website

Significantly fewer trains will call at this station from Tuesday 29 August - Friday 1 September 2017 inclusive.

During the morning peak the actual numbers of trains arriving into London from this station will be as follows:

0700 to 0759 - 5 normally 7
    0800 to 0859 - 7 normally 11
    0900 to 0959 - 6 normally 7

there will also be a queing system in place at cannon street station so please allow extra time for your journey.

ive actually lucked in over in dublin for the weekend, so not back at work until tuesday and off thursday and friday. so only 2 days of hell to endure, i dread to think what its going to be like.

What about before 7?!?! No trains to Vic next week on Sidcup line. I'm trying it out Tuesday via cannon st / Moorgate / tube to Edgware Road which is what I do on tube strike days. Prob on 6.35ish if that's still running?
  • Options
    just looked up on barnehurst lines there will be cannon st trains

sidcup line trains are going to

1st train is 5.24

i reckon people will need to leave early as cannon street is going to be chaos and can already see trains backed up to lewisham, and these fuckers wanna let them just have 1 route from bexleyheath.
  • Options
    I'm not looking forward to it, but five weeks into a new job means I cannot take time off and not really able to work from home. Have sounded out the manager about changing my work hours for that week and starting/finishing earlier, will have to see how it goes on Tuesday. I think the morning will not be too bad but evening will be hell - my train home is already packed to bursting when it leaves Cannon Street so dread to think what it will be like next week!
  • Options
    I've taken the week off. Couldn't bear it.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Time to get back to some exercise and walk it!

See you back in the "Let's get Stoned" thread :wink:
  • Options
    Worked late. Train reduced from 11 carriages to 4. Classic.
  • Options
    All next week off for me.
  • Options
    With all the hanging around and the delays, get a bus even if you have to share the journey with every freak nutter on the planet.