Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    7:31 from Greenwich has 4 extra carriages and loads of empty seats.
  • Options
    saw a video on twitter over the weekend showing the new 'queuing system' supposedly installed at Cannon St for this week, absolutely nothing and no one there at 7am

all very quiet.
  • Options
    as much as i dislike them credit for pre warning, as a lot of people may have booked time off for this period.
  • Options

saw a video on twitter over the weekend showing the new 'queuing system' supposedly installed at Cannon St for this week, absolutely nothing and no one there at 7am

all very quiet.

That's only in place between 3 and 9 isn't it?
  • Options
    Working from home today as expected today to be the most disorganised. Suspect thousands thought the same so looking forward to the hassle tomorrow when we all return
  • Options
    Gonna leave about 9:30, my luck everyone will have the same idea
  • Options
    WSS said:

all very quiet.

That's only in place between 3 and 9 isn't it?
    can't believe they are taking it down and putting it up every day though, looked a proper maze
  • Options

all very quiet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Se_Railway/status/901865683528638464
  • Options
    Slightly extreme reaction maybe but I'm taking no chances and working in Stockholm for next 3 days. Enjoyed a sumptuous breakfast at Gatwick and now using the free wifi on my Norwegian flight.
  • Options
    Roads seemed a lot busier today then usual when I cycled in.

Probably because I was being lazy after a weekend drinking stupidly expensive whisky based cocktails and left later than usual.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

as much as i dislike them credit for pre warning, as a lot of people may have booked time off for this period.

Bit over the top hiring people to hand out leaflets when the message has been read out at every stop for the past month!
  • Options
    Got the 6am 132 bus to North Greenwich which was a little busier than normal,stress free this morning.
  • Options
    My 9am train came in 4 mins early and empty. The platform had about 4 people on it. Lovely.
  • Options

They've actually cancelled a train into Victoria. Fucking useless.

The reason.....earlier overcrowding.

It's all a big fucking wind up.
  • Options
    A week's leave for me. Good luck to all attempting the journey!
  • Options
    got the 6.20am from Battle to Victoria, waited 20 mins at Tonbridge for a guard, Victoria Station tube was rammed, arrived South Quay at 9.15am, about 45 mins later than normal. I really hate commuting now. One more year and I'm done.
  • Options
    hoping to catch the 5.39 from victoria tonight, then only in tommorow then off to malta for the england game thursday morning.
  • Options
    I am sooooo glad I don't have to cope with this mess anymore.

Hope you all get home tonight in a decent time.

• Options
    will be out of here around 4 to hopefully beat the manic rush at Cannon St
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

got the 6.20am from Battle to Victoria, waited 20 mins at Tonbridge for a guard, Victoria Station tube was rammed, arrived South Quay at 9.15am, about 45 mins later than normal. I really hate commuting now. One more year and I'm done.

You retiring large
  • Options
    Did they use the barriers at cannon street?
  • Options
    How were they tonight, I got away early.
  • Options
    I left Victoria at 3:39 and it was comfortable but I reckon it's murders there now
  • Options
    DLR was fine, I hope it gets privatised at some stage...
  • Options
    Yep Victoria is chaos tonight. Absolutely rammed. They're not helping themselves by not announcing platforms even though trains are there and everyone knows that lfbtheir train. They keep announcing thatbyoubshould wait on the concourse until it's announced but everyone is ignoring them.

Of course the air con isn't working on the trains. People shouting over who gets seats.

I agree with what cabbies said earlier (may have been a different thread) but why on earth are so many families with kids travel to London this week. Yes it's school holidays bla bla bla but seriously don't. Or at the very least don't travel at rush hour.

And if you do don't get arsey if you can't get 6 seats together on a packed train.

Canters 'you could boil an egg on my head' addick
  • Options
    Todays commute from dartford has been the best journey to and from work that I can ever remember. Keep london bridge and charing crossed closed I say. Seat on train and a service to Dartford every 5-10 minutes.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I'm leaving work shortly - not sure which way to head to get back to New Eltham or Eltham? currently in paddington?! any suggestions on how bad cannon st is?
  • Options
    Cannon Street was okay at 6pm, trains not that busy either