Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    sm said:

Pisses me off the way they stick everything on Network Rail without taking one ounce of accountability.

If one of my sub-contractors f***s something up it's on my head and I take the blame, I don't just shift it and think the sun shines out my arse like they do!

Network rail are NOT the sub-contractors! It's the other way round.

The government and network rail effectively sub-contract South Eastern to provide drivers and other staff to run the trains.
    Who do you pay for your travel - I pay Southeastern so Network Rail are the subcontractors and it isn't my job to organise them. Though everytime I go through London Bridge it is quite noticeable how many Network Rail contractors are actually not doing anything whatsoever.
    Sorry - I'm not really out to defend Southeastern.

But I feel the government uses the franchises as a way to deflect criticism over the way they spend our money maintaining the railway.

The work at London Bridge was not planned by, paid for or even asked for by Southeastern. There is simply nothing they can do about. It's a crazy system!

To be ridiculously pedantic, I usually pay MasterCard for my railway tickets but I would not expect a credit card company to get involved in organising engineering works. They just collect the money and take a small cut for their trouble! I don't see Southeastern much differently although I accept they are crap at even doing that!
  • Options
    The work at London Bridge was subbed (sic) out to Balfour Beatty Rail!

Personally i think the building has gone pretty quickly.
  • Options

I don't - it is taking 3 years to rebuild London Bridge with modern equipment and methods, and a right ugly eyesore it is. St Pancras station, a think of beauty took only 2 years!
  • Options

sm said:

Pisses me off the way they stick everything on Network Rail without taking one ounce of accountability.

If one of my sub-contractors f***s something up it's on my head and I take the blame, I don't just shift it and think the sun shines out my arse like they do!

Network rail are NOT the sub-contractors! It's the other way round.

The government and network rail effectively sub-contract South Eastern to provide drivers and other staff to run the trains.
    Who do you pay for your travel - I pay Southeastern so Network Rail are the subcontractors and it isn't my job to organise them. Though everytime I go through London Bridge it is quite noticeable how many Network Rail contractors are actually not doing anything whatsoever.
    Sorry - I'm not really out to defend Southeastern.

But I feel the government uses the franchises as a way to deflect criticism over the way they spend our money maintaining the railway.

The work at London Bridge was not planned by, paid for or even asked for by Southeastern. There is simply nothing they can do about. It's a crazy system!

To be ridiculously pedantic, I usually pay MasterCard for my railway tickets but I would not expect a credit card company to get involved in organising engineering works. They just collect the money and take a small cut for their trouble! I don't see Southeastern much differently although I accept they are crap at even doing that!
    Since Southeastern are making an annual post tax profit of £30m on capital of about £50m I think they can take their share of the flak for a 60% per annum return on capital. Your contract is with Southeastern not MasterCard - if SE don't like what is happening then they have rather more power to put matters right than you and I, and the modern crime of passing the blame onto others should not be accepted. By all means complain to your MP as well.
  • Options
    sm said:

I don't - it is taking 3 years to rebuild London Bridge with modern equipment and methods, and a right ugly eyesore it is. St Pancras station, a think of beauty took only 2 years!
    I have no idea where you got 2 years from.
  • Options

sm said:

here http://www.transporttrust.com/heritage-sites/heritage-detail/st-pancras-station
  • Options

sm said:

sm said:

here http://www.transporttrust.com/heritage-sites/heritage-detail/st-pancras-station
    Ha, nerd! You mean 2 years from the start to the first train, as trains have kept running at London Bridge the comparison is ridiculous. The hotel, which I assume you mean as the thing if beauty took 6 years as did the recent expansion.

This proves beyond doubt that I will agrue with a stranger over the Internet about anything. :disappointed:
    No you won't
  • Options
    I meant the station not the hotel

Many football websites argue about whether Kelly Brook is fitter than Megan Fox or whether Ryan Giggs would've won England a world cup.

Not us, we love a row about railway sub contractors. Proper Charlton.

I wouldn't recognise those young ladies - have they ever been in the Guardian?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If you see some wierdo with a bike tyre on the bus/train/dlr/underground today, that will be me as I have puncture. Because I am a millennial I lack the ability to fix it myself so am going to take it to the Evans near work.

Be nice to me.

I hope someone spits at you.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

If you see some wierdo with a bike tyre on the bus/train/dlr/underground today, that will be me as I have puncture. Because I am a millennial I lack the ability to fix it myself so am going to take it to the Evans near work.

Be nice to me.

I hope someone spits at you.
    Well I am on the Bexleyheath line and I'm led to believe that's an everyday occurrence anyway.
  • Options

Many football websites argue about whether Kelly Brook is fitter than Megan Fox or whether Ryan Giggs would've won England a world cup.

Not us, we love a row about railway sub contractors. Proper Charlton.

I feel like I have done my club proud.
  • Options
    A bit of relief in sight for commuters it seems as 60 additional carriages should be moving over to Southeastern in the coming weeks and months. http://www.fromthemurkydepths.co.uk/2017/08/30/southeastern-to-finally-receive-more-trains-soon/
  • Options
    SF-02 said:

A bit of relief in sight for commuters it seems as 60 additional carriages should be moving over to Southeastern in the coming weeks and months. http://www.fromthemurkydepths.co.uk/2017/08/30/southeastern-to-finally-receive-more-trains-soon/

I'll sharpen my pencil and fill up my thermos in anticipation.
  • Options
    Sidcup line's knackered already. Train diverted down the Bexleyheath line at Lewisham. Think I heard something about a broken down train.
  • Options
    She may well be on the way to Gatwick on holiday. She'll probably wax her bikini line going through the Bermondsey dive under.

Take care!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's funny the different views we all have of what is and isn't socially acceptable.

The obvious ones stand out. Public urination, masturbating and defecating are frowned upon as a premier league wrong doing. We then go to the 2nd tier of farting, nose picking, nail clipping

Then follows the ones that split opinion. Laptops out tapping away, eating anything with a non-sterile smell, talking loudly on the phone, video calling and snoring
  • Options
    Carter said:

It's funny the different views we all have of what is and isn't socially acceptable.

The obvious ones stand out. Public urination, masturbating and defecating are frowned upon as a premier league wrong doing. We then go to the 2nd tier of farting, nose picking, nail clipping

Then follows the ones that split opinion. Laptops out tapping away, eating anything with a non-sterile smell, talking loudly on the phone, video calling and snoring

Where do you stand on felching?
  • Options
    Smelling out the train carriage by eating rank stinking meat-based products does not divide opinion, it is a vile imposition on others, and the offender has no chance of redemption if they even think it's acceptable.
  • Options
    Apart from the delays on Wednesday and being diverted to Victoria I have to say that I had pleasant journeys to and from work last week.
  • Options
    To those of you who use Southeastern key, had any problems with it?

Works fine at my station (not in an oyster card area) but any mainline London station (where the tap pads double up as oyster pads) it works on about 1 in 4 of the barriers. Very annoying and incredibly frustrating when it's busy in the morning.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Works fine at my station (not in an oyster card area) but any mainline London station (where the tap pads double up as oyster pads) it works on about 1 in 4 of the barriers. Very annoying and incredibly frustrating when it's busy in the morning.

Was considering getting one but advised by one of their staff to avoid as currently a number of bugs and problems with them current so I held off.
  • Options

Was considering getting one but advised by one of their staff to avoid as currently a number of bugs and problems with them current so I held off.
    When it works it's sooo much better than the paper ticket.

But I've only had it just over a week and it's doing my nut in.
  • Options
    sm said:

Japanese would have taken 2 weeks.
  • Options
    The main downside I found was when you tried getting on at another station other than your starting one.

Example: My season ticket was Bexley (zone 6) to all London terminals. If I tried getting on at Crayford (zone 6) or say New Eltham (zone 4) the key would not work. I then had to show my paper receipt, so defeated the idea of having one.

I also found when I got to London Bridge it would not always work. Phoned them up and they stated it was early days and they would improve, this was back in feb. I have since moved up North to work for my company, partly due to the disgraceful service on offer from SE.

I would also guarantee that all ticket staff will try and put you off getting a key as it would put them out of a job, or a high % of staff out of one.