Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• I carried on staring out of the window.

Every post should end this way.

Except this one.
  • Just got on train Brom South some old Doris got a cat on the table
  • Macronate said:

When I lived in Sidcup, there was one day when my wife got on at Cannon Street and I was due to meet her when I got on at London Bridge. The intention was for her to save me a seat as we wanted to talk about trying to save our marriage. Our beloved dog, Fido was also very poorly which we were both very upset about.

When I got on the train I located my wife but saw there was a fella with a tent on his lap sitting next to her. He wouldn't make eye contact with me or her, just casually continuing to look out of the window.

Anyway, we never did get to have that chat and we broke up the following day. Fido also passed away due to the grief over our split.

I always wondered what happened to that bloke.

That wasn't a fucking tent on my lap! Did you get to Specsavers in time?
  • No kin trains to astoria boulevard again this weekend. Second weekend in a row. Wankers.
  • Some good news for a change. The first of 17 extra 4 car trains enter service on SE today. The trains, from Thameslink, are about 10 years old, have air conditioning and will work the lines from Victoria via Maidstone East and Chatham.

They will release other trains to strengthen the service on the Dartford lines. So some 6 car trains will become 8, 8 cars become 10 and so on.

They say all 17 trains will be in service by the end of November.
  • edited September 2017
    seth plum said:

Is it alive?

Yes, just feline a little bit poorly.
  • I travel in from Kent and change at Bromley South onto Thameslink. By the time we get to Nunhead, its a sardine tin. Get's my goat when we pull in and some bright spark says "can you move down please" .Like where to exactly you twat.
  • Sponsored links:

• They really are a bunch of cunts!
  • edited September 2017
    Ok. Get on a rush hour train with two four/five your olds. Stick your face in your smartphone and let your brats do what they want. This isn't going to end well.

Edit. They got off at Barnehurst. TFFT.
  • Surprised nobody moaned about yesterday. Was awful all day.
  • ChiAddick said:

Surprised nobody moaned about yesterday. Was awful all day.

Run of the mill now mate.
  • Woolwich line is currently crocked due to trespassers.
  • Curb_It said:

Woolwich line is currently crocked due to trespassers.

A regular event! Trespassers should be shot.
  • edited October 2017
    As this is one of the most important threads on the CL forum, here's some good news which might stop some of the constant moaning on here ;-)

68 pre-owned class 377 carriages have been transferred from Govia Thameslink to SouthEastern in a move to ease over crowding.

For some reason the move was subject to an embargo and only announced on September 18.

The plan appears to be to increase 8 carriage trains to 10 carriages.

As with all good news, there comes the bad news and that is there is not enough depot space to store them all.

Ah well, at least there will be 68 new numbers to go in your notebooks.

** Source - Today's Railways (UK) Page 68 - Electric Multiple Units/Rolling Stock News.

• As this is one of the most important threads on the CL forum, here's some good news which might stop some of the constant moaning on here ;-)

68 pre-owned class 377 carriages have been transferred from Govia Thameslink to SouthEastern in a move to ease over crowding.

For some reason the move was subject to an embargo and only announced on September 18.

The plan appears to be to increase 8 carriage trains to 10 carriages.

As with all good news, there comes the bad news and that is there is not enough depot space to store them all.

Ah well, at least there will be 68 new numbers to go in your notebooks.

** Source - Today's Railways (UK) Page 68 - Electric Multiple Units/Rolling Stock News.

68 new fucking carriages but somehow my train has been reduced from 12 carriages to 8 fucking carriages every fucking day this week. Both to and from London. Joke of an organisation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was travelling on Southeastern yesterday and they were announcing that due to the weather on Friday 13 October trains would be subject to delays and not calling at all advertised stations.

What's that all about? Is severe weather due today?
  • Just checked their website, its to do with higher than expected leaf-fall today!!!

I assume its going to be windy today.
  • MrLargo said:

Yep, completely unprepared for the meterological freak of nature known as "Autumn".

It's bollocks. Is there any other industry in the world that wouldn't bother to invest in a solution to a problem like this.

Tyre manufacturers and car makers invest billions looking at ways to enhance the performance of their products.

Airlines - it takes too long to check people in, lets let them do it online.

Shipmakers - invest millions in making their boats less likely to sink and more resilient to extreme weather.

The UK rail network - What shall we do about this leaf problem that causes huge disruption to our services every year? Sit on our arses and count the cash. They're only our customers.

The UK rail network is owned and run by the government - we are NOT "customers" of the government. They are literally taking us for a ride by making us think this!