Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• RENFE in Spain, Trenitalia in Italy so I assume they are state run.
    Not sure about the Swiss but equally good so probably state run.

They probably deal with the whole infrastructure where ours is a mess.

<blockquote class="Quote"

Italian rail journeys not cheap but from limited experience fairly reliable I especially enjoyed the fact that all the train info/next train boards/screens/etc have columns for “delayed by x minutes” i.e. delays from timetable are inevitable but we’re upfront about them.
    Economies of both Spain and Italy running preposterous deficits with no realistic prospect of solvency. Foundations of Swiss economy of course shady as hell.
    But the absolute requirement for our national rail network to be state owned, funded and managed as an essential resource cannot be sanely questioned
  • edited October 2017
    In Jan my boss asked me if I would be up for running a sales office tup north, my first thought was "I wont have to get southeastern". So I jumped at it. Upped sticks and moved up here.

I read this thread still just to hammer home I made the right decision
  • Friend had their train cancelled this morning due 'unusually large passenger flow'

As well as being the most ridiculous excuse ever, I can't work out if there was more passengers, or a bigger increase in large passengers

Perhaps it was Big Sam on his way to The Valley
  • robroy said:

In Jan my boss asked me if I would be up for running a sales office tup north, my first thought was "I wont have to get southeastern". So I jumped at it. Upped sticks and moved up here.

How are you coping without electricity or running water?
    And also with having to go out to the garden to go to the toilet?
  • JohnnyH2 said:

8:03 to Victoria was absolutely packed this morning and "CAN YOU MOVE DOWN PLEASE" was met with a truthful reply of "there is nowhere to move"

was quite amusing hearing peoples responses, we had "I know but can you just make a little bit room as I need to get to work", "YOULL NEED TO MAKE ROOM!" and my favourite is someone tapping on the window trying to tell everyone who had to move and where to.

It’s great when this happens - I like to look up from the comfort of my seat and either smile, look at my watch or nod.
    Especially enjoy the smirk out the window at all the granola chewing guardian bell ends that try getting on at Blackheath but cant.
    Especially when all they have to do is take a 5 minute bus ride to Lewisham for choice of a lot more trains, trains that have have a lot of people getting off for the DLR or the DLR. But no they would rather use Blackheath than be seen as part of Lewisham
    Get a bus? You gotta be joking mate, granola blackheath crowd ain’t gonna take a bus for anyone. Surprised they don’t get an uber to lewisham while wearing a veil made out of biodegradeable bat shit though mind.
    I don't believe that they've even heard of a skinny flat white at Lewisham station. No thank you, sir.
  • edited October 2017

robroy said:

How are you coping without electricity or running water?
    haha, we did have a power cut on Tuesday. It's actually decent up here, near on impossible to spend any money. I do travel back for all of the sat home games, good old Grand Central to Kings cross. Only delay up here was animals on the line.

Nice 10 minute compute to Bradford away on saturday.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

8:03 to Victoria was absolutely packed this morning and "CAN YOU MOVE DOWN PLEASE" was met with a truthful reply of "there is nowhere to move"

was quite amusing hearing peoples responses, we had "I know but can you just make a little bit room as I need to get to work", "YOULL NEED TO MAKE ROOM!" and my favourite is someone tapping on the window trying to tell everyone who had to move and where to.

It’s great when this happens - I like to look up from the comfort of my seat and either smile, look at my watch or nod.
    Especially enjoy the smirk out the window at all the granola chewing guardian bell ends that try getting on at Blackheath but cant.
    Especially when all they have to do is take a 5 minute bus ride to Lewisham for choice of a lot more trains, trains that have have a lot of people getting off for the DLR or the DLR. But no they would rather use Blackheath than be seen as part of Lewisham
    Get a bus? You gotta be joking mate, granola blackheath crowd ain’t gonna take a bus for anyone. Surprised they don’t get an uber to lewisham while wearing a veil made out of biodegradeable bat shit though mind.
    I don't believe that they've even heard of a skinny flat white at Lewisham station. No thank you, sir.
    Are you joking? Have you seen the type of people that live around Lewisham station nowadays? We've even got a Starbucks in the centre now!
  • Absolute fucking nightmare tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• What’s this thread doing on page 9..... anyway......

• Signaling problems again. Nothing at lewisham for the sidcup or Orpington lines. Typically it’s the day I need to pick my daughter up from school. Useless c*nts.
  • And then out of the blue, a sidcup train turns up. The indicator went from delayed (with announcements saying no idea how long) to due in 2 minutes.
  • Orpington line is fcuked because of the ongoing murder investigation at Knockholt.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Orpington line is fcuked because of the ongoing murder investigation from 1971 at Knockholt.

• It was broken down trains yesterday. Signalling problems again today. Same errors. Over and over and over.
  • Greenwich line buggered because... why not ruin someone's evening.
  • And then out of the blue, a sidcup train turns up. The indicator went from delayed (with announcements saying no idea how long) to due in 2 minutes.

You just can't wait to criticise can you?
    I was gutted. Train turned up before I could ring AFKA to meet in a pub.
  • Sponsored links:

• Now they're blaming the emergency services dealing with a prior incident. So to make up for it they've reduced the train to four carriages....
  • I no longer use Southeastern trains at the weekend due to the poor service, i use the DLR instead.
  • I'm in London for the next two weeks on jury service and after two days have had enough of the train journeys home already. I can't wait to get back to doing my normal job and travelling by car. Anyone that has to endure SouthEastern regularly on a daily basis has my utmost respect (and gratitude for keeping the roads that bit clearer).

You just can't wait to criticise can you?
    I was gutted. Train turned up before I could ring AFKA to meet in a pub.
    Working from home today buddy, missed all the fun.

Sat for ages and then kicked off at New Cross yesterday. After a wait had to get East London line and DLR, rolled into work at 10.40.

Happy days :-(
  • edited November 2017
    No trains on the bexleyheath line. Being diverted. Complete wankers.
  • No trains on the bexleyheath line. Being diverted. Complete wankers.

I got the 17:47 and whilst that was only 5 or so minutes late leaving cannon street you could tell it was going to get worse.

I was in the station for 20 minutes or so and only two trains came in (43 via sidcup and 47 via bexleyheath ) there was also an announcement that one of the lines was going to be running out of Victoria instead
  • No trains on the bexleyheath line. Being diverted. Complete wankers.

Give me and AFKA a bit more notice next time mate and we’ll take you for a beer to ease the pain
  • Wife travelled back from Cologne this evening:

Train from hotel to airport: bang on time
    Plane from Cologne to Stanstead: bang on time
    Stanstead Express to Liverpool Street: bang on time
    Tube from Liverpool Street to Cannon Street: bang on time
    20.40 from Cannon Street to Sidcup: you guessed it - cancelled

Southeastern Apologizes will never let you down.
  • 0800 Dartford to Charing Cross via bexleyheath reduces to 5 carriages from the usual ten. This is gonna be fun.